Convince me that 5 Nights is Enough!

If you're driving to the port 5 nights is OK, IMO -- but not great. I would not FLY to a departure port for a 5 night cruise unless you could extend it with a stay near the departure port. Too much hassle and cost otherwise.

That pretty much sums it up for me also.

Another factor is that the 5 day will include only Bermuda, while the 9 day visits 4 ports. How do you feel about that? Are you interested in features like Ifly and Northstar. I'm currently on the Anthem 9 day 6/16 sailing and both are completely booked with lots of folks left out and not happy. On a 5 day sailing they can accommodate even fewer people.

If you're content with just Bermuda you should really take a look at Summit. Not as new, and less onboard activities, but gives you 7 days with better food and they'll throw in either a bev package, free grats or a $300 obc.

I just did the math.

So for interior room, the

5 night is about $155/per night per person.

9 night is about $128/per night per person.

Thoughts?

I would pay the higher per diem to sail the 9 night... there's no way you can experience everything Anthem has to offer in 5 nights, let alone the excellent itinerary on the 9 night sailing. Just my 2 cents :D

Yea definitely sticking to Anthem, just trying to decide whether 5 or 9 =). I'm on top of pre booking the activities. In fact, how far out will that be available that we can book all those extra features online for the Anthem like Ifly, etc.

... In fact, how far out will that be available that we can book all those extra features online for the Anthem like Ifly, etc.

There is no set time, you just have to keep checking your Pre-Cruise planner.

If you can afford the 9 nights, I'd do that. I was on Allure for 7 days and didn't get to see all the ship has to offer ... I can imagine that Anthem is the same.

Also, since you are getting a credit from the issues you had on your last sailing, I'd definitely use it for the longer cruise. Almost seems like a waste to put it towards a 5 night sailing.

Edited by Virtopia

Hi all,

Would just like some feedback that my decision to go with a 5 night over a 9 night was a good one.

I had booked a 5 night on the Anthem for 2017 as a birthday present for the GF. Obviously she doesn't know about it, since I sneakily went to the "Next Cruise" desk on our recent cruise in May on the Adventure and booked it.

My gf and I have been on 3 cruises together as you will see in my signature below. We ended up had some trouble on the Adventure in regards to quality, which evidently led us to getting a discount on our future cruise. All in all, I was able to get a great deal on the 5 night Anthem of the Seas to Bermuda, which came to about right under $800 a person for interior room.

It just hard for me to get over the fact that it is a 5 night rather then a 7 night. since our last 2 cruises were 7 night. I mean I know there is no such thing with Anthem for 7 night so it was either 5 or 9. Our first cruise was a 5 night but then we went on a 7 night the next 2 cruises and we were like :D:D, but it was not like we didn't have fun on the 7 night. It's just 2 more nights of paradise :cool:. LOL

Also the date of this 5 night is the day after her b-day, oppose to the 9 night which is about 2 weeks after her b-day.

I guess I'm just over analyzing, but I just need some convincing that a 5 night is good enough.

Lol (don't laugh at me)... haha

Thanks!!

IMHO, 365 nights is not enough. I love cruising and havent been able to due to finances and work and life but that is changing.

5 night Bermuda is NOT enough. We just cancelled the 5 night Bermuda because we just needed more time there. We have been to Bermuda 6 times and the last time was 5 nights - we barely got there and then we were leaving.:(

IF you can do the 9 nights - go for it;)

You will get the same OBC of the 100 for next cruise promotion. We had to change dates. I just couldn't do the 5. Very beginning of our cruises, we started with the shorter cruises just to make sure we liked it. Never shorter than 7 for us now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I just did the math.

So for interior room, the

5 night is about $155/per night per person.

9 night is about $128/per night per person.

Thoughts?

Sounds steep for an interior. I've never paid over $80 pp per night for an interior and often much lower. Even allowing for a new ship and Bermuda that's still steep.

Sorry, I can't help you. Unless you live within an hour of your port city so that travel isn't really an issue, I don't think five days is enough.

Disclaimer 1: Our first cruise was a four-day, and I don't regret that. We weren't 100% sure it'd be for us, so we considered that first short cruise "a trial"; however, now that we know we love it, we wouldn't choose anything shorter than a full week.

Disclaimer 2: I would consider a short cruise if it were a part of a longer Florida vacation.

Hi all,

Would just like some feedback that my decision to go with a 5 night over a 9 night was a good one.

I had booked a 5 night on the Anthem for 2017 as a birthday present for the GF. Obviously she doesn't know about it, since I sneakily went to the "Next Cruise" desk on our recent cruise in May on the Adventure and booked it.

My gf and I have been on 3 cruises together as you will see in my signature below. We ended up had some trouble on the Adventure in regards to quality, which evidently led us to getting a discount on our future cruise. All in all, I was able to get a great deal on the 5 night Anthem of the Seas to Bermuda, which came to about right under $800 a person for interior room.

It just hard for me to get over the fact that it is a 5 night rather then a 7 night. since our last 2 cruises were 7 night. I mean I know there is no such thing with Anthem for 7 night so it was either 5 or 9. Our first cruise was a 5 night but then we went on a 7 night the next 2 cruises and we were like :D:D, but it was not like we didn't have fun on the 7 night. It's just 2 more nights of paradise :cool:. LOL

Also the date of this 5 night is the day after her b-day, oppose to the 9 night which is about 2 weeks after her b-day.

I guess I'm just over analyzing, but I just need some convincing that a 5 night is good enough.

Lol (don't laugh at me)... haha

Thanks!!

Since Bayonne is your home-port and flying is not required, 5 days would kind of be OK if you were taking other cruises in the year. Do the longer cruise.

I can't do more than 5 nights, much as I would like to. I have 6 cats and a dog, and getting someone to watch these critters is tough. I booked Anthem for next June for my anniversary and I'm already jumping through hoops a year out in order to line up a baby sitter, structure job meetings, etc.

I'm on too many committees. :(

Anyway, I think 5 is good for me. If I like the trip, I might repeat it. I'm on the Canada sailing, not the Bermuda, but if I like Anthem I will pursue the Bermuda sailing as well. It helps being right here and not needing to fly anywhere.

I've done 5-day to Bermuda and doing another in September. Of course I'd prefer 7-9 days, but this was our limit due to also booking a land trip.

We had a ball on the last one and you will too, I'm sure.

I have to say though, that your Interior room price doesn't really seem much of a bargain to me. We paid only slightly more for a balcony.

Either way, enjoy your cruise...there is something to be said for overnighting in Bermuda.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Sounds steep for an interior. I've never paid over $80 pp per night for an interior and often much lower. Even allowing for a new ship and Bermuda that's still steep.

I agree but Q's/Anthem's per diem has always been higher than other RCL ships so you can't compare (I don't think you sailed Q or Anthem?) ... other than many of the current Harmony sailings which are also now very high.

I agree but Q's/Anthem's per diem has always been higher than other RCL ships so you can't compare (I don't think you sailed Q or Anthem?) ... other than many of the current Harmony sailings which are also now very high.

I decided to look into it more and laid out per diem costs with a few options for OP in their other thread. $130 per night is pretty solid for Anthem.

Everything in life is comparable, not everything in life is apples to apples. And math is math.