New Celebrity "Sale" Soon?

richsea

I was just alerted by the site that cannot be named that two Equinox sailings I am monitoring have increased dramatically in price by about 33%. One sailiing is in January, & one is October of 2017. Last time they did that, three weeks later they had 50% off the second passenger "sale".

Could this be a hint for another upcoming "sale"?

They seem to play tricks with the rates. Today, I checked a rate for an upcoming Celebrity cruise and the rate is $1000 more then yesterday for the same suite.

If you check the rates often, they are like the stock market. Up one day- down another.

Edited by Cruise a holic

True, the rates are always fluctuating, but usually by 2-5% or less. A 33% increase is definitely not the norm. Either way, it is not good news as far as I'm concerned. I am lloking at the January cruise waiting for post final payment prices. Looks like Princess is our next sailing.

My booked cruise appears to be costing a lot more today than when I booked it. It has gone up/down a little over the past few months but this is a bigger jump. A cruise I am looking for in January has also gone up.

While I don't like to see this, it may at least mean that X is getting out of it's "Same Sale Different Name" strategy. In the past you'd get the e-mail saying last day of the sale to "save big" only to check the next day and see that the new promo really isn't any different other than in name.

Guess we'll keep an eye on things and see how long this lasts.

They seem to play tricks with the rates. Today, I checked a rate for an upcoming Celebrity cruise and the rate is $1000 more then yesterday for the same suite.

If you check the rates often, they are like the stock market. Up one day- down another.

And, just like the stock market, totally manipulated.

What killed me today was trying pricing for one of our rooms for 3 people

2 adults - $999 each

1 infant - $1329 each

For the third person? Yikes! Methinks we are going to have to wait this one out to put down our deposit. (and yes, i know infants are full fare. but would you pay almost as much as the first two guests for your third? nope!)

I believe that Celebrity removed the 2nd person 50 % off sale and they have not yet reduced the price to what it was before they increased it for the 50% off sale. I suspect the prices will be adjusted back down soon and nobody would book a cruise at the current inflated price on the cruises I am monitoring.

2 adults - $999 each

1 infant - $1329 each

For the third person? Yikes! Methinks we are going to have to wait this one out to put down our deposit. (and yes, i know infants are full fare. but would you pay almost as much as the first two guests for your third? nope!)

Yes, prices for us are $1,000 more today than they were last week due to 3rd and 4th passenger. Fortunately we already have the lower price. Keep watching - depending on itinerary and how long you have they may come down.

Since you are from the US, you may want to put down a deposit anyway and watch for reductions. There comes point on many itineraries where they reach the passenger capacity and will no longer accept reservations for more than 2 people - even if they have the appropriate rooms available. If you already have your reservation, this won't be an issue and you can still get the price reductions.

Good luck!

Mike

Edited by mandream

Just checked a Caribbean cruise sailing 12/2/2017, and the Veranda price actually went down from $1099 to $899! It will probably be back up tomorrow, since we are unable to book until next year - to many things are up in the air right now. :(

Oh well, maybe they will go down again next fall.

Cheryl

Today I got an alert that the price for our December 2017 cruise had dropped by $200 per person. I quickly called my TA who contacted Celebrity, and YES...our cabin category had dropped. We lost $50 OBC from the travel agency, but saved ourselves $400 off our total cruise fare!

We could have upgraded and saved $200 and kept all the OBC from the travel agent, but we are very happy with our cabin selection (hump).

Yes I cant figure out Celebritys pricing with news sales promotion each month its impossible to figure out if your cruise that you booked have went down or not. How would you know? You have to factor in everything, including perks and 1/2 off second person and on and on. Then the constant price fluctuations.

I get it that it is supply and demand... but you wouldnt think it would fluctuate from morning and then afternoon a different price.

Hmm? Maybe I'm missing something on how to figure out pricing. But on our next 4 cruises I think we did good pricing and perk wise..

I think!

Yes I cant figure out Celebritys pricing with news sales promotion each month its impossible to figure out if your cruise that you booked have went down or not. How would you know? You have to factor in everything, including perks and 1/2 off second person and on and on.

Just go to the Celebrity web site and do a mock booking for the same category cabin and the same perks you currently have (GO Big, Better or Best). If the bottom line is less - the price went down. You don't really have to worry about whether the 2nd person is/was 1/2 off or not. All you care about is the new number higher or lower. If you are a CC member, don't forget to price it out at one category lower as you get the upgrade.

If you are also getting perks from a TA that might be affected - you may need to reach out and figure out if it is a better deal.

Unless you have a special situation - it isn't really difficult to check, just takes a bit of time. Price drop alert sites help too - but they don't cover all situations. They can still come in very handy, however. I've saved thousands over the years as a result.

Good luck!

Mike

2 adults - $999 each

1 infant - $1329 each

The first two people is based on the 2nd passenger for 50% off.

1st passenger $1329

2nd passenger $669

Average of first two passengers is $999 each

So the third passenger is actually paying the same as the 1st passenger.

Just to complicate and confuse everyone....there have been times when the celebrity site offers cruises at "travel agent" pricing. So you see a lower price on your cabin, you call and are told...oh that's a "travel agent" price, the full price is what you paid.

I have been in this exact situation.....Celebrity would not adjust my cabin price to the price they themselves were offering on their web site.

One could easily believe that "ethics" and "truth in advertising" are not part of the Celebrity vocabulary.

Just to complicate and confuse everyone....there have been times when the celebrity site offers cruises at "travel agent" pricing. So you see a lower price on your cabin, you call and are told...oh that's a "travel agent" price, the full price is what you paid.

I have been in this exact situation.....Celebrity would not adjust my cabin price to the price they themselves were offering on their web site.

One could easily believe that "ethics" and "truth in advertising" are not part of the Celebrity vocabulary.

g - I would not call, I would book right then and there to find out how 'firm' the pricing was. Place deposit, and of course they reserve the right to refuse the booking if it was a mistake, yet if the system accepts it, you have crossed on hurdle.

Then if your agent can keep it in tack, then there is another hurdle crossed.

By calling them, you call the error into sight and refused. Yet, that does not guarantee that they will not refuse down the road, either.

bon voyage