hubby thinks i'm crazy

hockeyluver

And he might just be right !!

Just booked a cruise yesteday on the Sunshine for .......... 2018 !! I love booking in advance but I have never booked this far in advance !

We are doing an all inclusive this winter ( our first one) and I have been going stir crazy, I am not used to having a vacation booked and have nothing to research for it !! No ports to look up, no flights, pre and post cruise hotels... I have watched every video and looked at every picture i can find. Its just not the same!! I cant even find a message forum or roll call for it. So I had to book a cruise!!!

I feel so much better knowing i can come back here everyday and gorge on all the info for our cruise :o :o

I booked the Anthem of the Seas for March of 2018 in April of this year while on the Navigator, so if you are crazy what does that make me?

Not sure what you mean by having nothing to research for the all-inclusive. I have an all-inclusive coming up for Thanksgiving 2017 in Cancun, and I am looking up the local excursions and awaiting airfares.

Edited by PCHENG

I booked my first real cruise in March for this past july. THat was a little over a hundred days and I thought I;d go crazy waiting for it but time flew by. Had so much fun I had to book this one upcoming December cruise just so I;d have something to look forward to. It's only 3 days and 1 port so not much really to research but it satisfied the itch.

At the time.

The other day I realized I'd soon be sailed and done with December cruise and what would I do then? The answer came to me in an email - 8 day Panama Canal cruises on the Miracle out of Tampa starting in 2018. The real miracle was that my wife said "Yeah, we better book it."

So I did. :D

You arent crazy!'

I booked the Harmony of the Seas for January 2018 back in September.....I got a prime room and the price has since gone up and my category is sold out...its never too early to book a cruise! :)

Happy sailing!

Wife thinks I am nuts also. She wants to do more land vacations and all I want to do is cruise. Has anyone ever found a land vacation that comes close to cruising for the price?

Well, I do love the city of Savannah, Georgia and my wife used to have a cousin that lived there so every summer we'd drive up with the in-laws and whoever else wanted to come. Maybe 3 tanks of gas for the whole trip (from Orlando) - 4 if we went off exploring elsewhere - and we stayed at his house and he was the best tour guide as Savannah history was his passion. Probably did that 6 or 7 summers in a row but he passed away 10 years ago. We've been back a couple times since then but it's not the same without Cousin James.

So, while those were outstanding vacations and we only spent a little on gas, none on hotel, little on food (ate out often but he knew all the good spots and we also did a lot of cooking at his house) it probably shouldn't be judged against the mostly inclusiveness of a cruise. Not a fair price comparison.

After our first Carnival cruise I told my wife I never wanted another kind of vacation again. Cruising suits me fine. We'll probably still go other places other ways but I will sail as much as I possibly can.

Just booked a cruise yesteday on the Sunshine for .......... 2018 !! I love booking in advance but I have never booked this far in advance !

We are doing an all inclusive this winter ( our first one) and I have been going stir crazy, I am not used to having a vacation booked and have nothing to research for it !! No ports to look up, no flights, pre and post cruise hotels... I have watched every video and looked at every picture i can find. Its just not the same!! I cant even find a message forum or roll call for it. So I had to book a cruise!!!

I feel so much better knowing i can come back here everyday and gorge on all the info for our cruise :o :o

sounds fine to me. Booked my Oct 2017 cruise last Feb(more then 18months out) and wanted more between so now have 3 long land weekend trips, another cruise, and a week in Vegas planned and the is without considering where I want to go in Summer. So yeah... Totally feel you and love researching, and then forgetting and researching again.

Thanks everyone !!

See I knew I came to the right place with this :p :p booked an 8 day cruise leaving port Canaveral goes to Aruba, Curacau and Grand Turk WITH 4 SEA DAYS !! $900 pp for a balcony !!

our all inclusive already includes airfare so I cant even look into that :p We are going to Puerto Vallarta first time over on that side of Mexico.

cb at sea Thanks I will check that out,

To be honest I am more excited for the cruise than for the AI !!

We will be really busy after spring, our oldest dd is getting married July 1st (a holiday here in Canada) So planning that should help the time go by. :D

Puerto Vallarta is a wonderful city!!

Don't just stay in your AI get out and enjoy the city and it's activities and the food which is wonderful!!

There is a very active forum on Trip Advisor filled with folks who live there or who vacation there regularly.

Cruising is wonderful but actually being in a foreign country for a week and getting to know the city you are in for that long is also wonderful!!

Here is a link to Puerto Vallarta . Even if you don't post just spend time reading:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g150793-i46-Puerto_Vallarta.html

I'm also in the crazy category. We booked our 2018 cruise when we were on our cruise last January. Last week we just booked our 2019 cruise on the Dream. Booking ahead just makes sure you get the room and location you want.

You only booked 1?? We have 3 booked for 2018.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

YOu're late -- I booked my 2018 cruise 2 months ago :D