Bronchitis

cheri

We are getting ready to take our cruise in a few weeks and my friend has Bronchitis. She is being treated by a DR., on breathing treatments and is taking or using emergen-c. She quit smoking and took up the vap and Dr. said thats how she got it. My question is ,,, is there going to be a problem with her going on this cruise. TY for your help

We are getting ready to take our cruise in a few weeks and my friend has Bronchitis. She is being treated by a DR., on breathing treatments and is taking or using emergen-c. She quit smoking and took up the vap and Dr. said thats how she got it. My question is ,,, is there going to be a problem with her going on this cruise. TY for your help

The person will be fine in 2 weeks.

On 2 of my cruises this year, the Glory and Vista Journeys, I was seated with people who came to the MDR hacking and coughing towards the end of each cruise.

Although I was current with both flu and pneumonia vaccines, I managed to catch their germs and came home with their symptoms. UGH!

The next time this happens I will excuse myself and find another venue to eat. I may even explain that possibility early on to my future dinner mates.

For everyone else's sake, I would hope that she would stay home or find ways to avoid spreading it to others if she is not well by then. On our last cruise, I nicknamed it the "bronchitis" cruise because by the end of the week, there were so many people hacking all over the place. The health questionnaire is there for a reason, even though I am sure plenty of people don't answer the questions honestly. Have her talk to the doctor. None of us know how long it will take her to recover.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

For everyone else's sake, I would hope that she would stay home or find ways to avoid spreading it to others if she is not well by then. On our last cruise, I nicknamed it the "bronchitis" cruise because by the end of the week, there were so many people hacking all over the place. The health questionnaire is there for a reason, even though I am sure plenty of people don't answer the questions honestly. Have her talk to the doctor. None of us know how long it will take her to recover.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's highly unlikely that they will still be contagious in 2 weeks. Last time I had it my Dr said the contagious part was the first week or less. As long as they don't have a fever they should be fine.

On 2 of my cruises this year, the Glory and Vista Journeys, I was seated with people who came to the MDR hacking and coughing towards the end of each cruise.

Although I was current with both flu and pneumonia vaccines, I managed to catch their germs and came home with their symptoms. UGH!

The next time this happens I will excuse myself and find another venue to eat. I may even explain that possibility early on to my future dinner mates.

DW has managed to be sick either at the end of last few cruises or a day or so after we get off the ship.

Human nature will cause people to get on a ship with all kind of illnesses.

"Chronic, which means your airways are irritated over and over. This type lasts for a few months or longer, and usually comes back year after year. Things that irritate your lungs, like dust, chemicals, or smoke from a fire or cigarettes, usually cause it. Chronic bronchitis isn’t contagious, but it’s a serious health problem that requires a doctor’s care."

If it's chronic bronchitis it is not contagious , if it is acute bronchitis it is, which usually last one to three weeks.

Bronchitis has a cough that can linger for weeks after the infection itself is gone. I have a big issue with people who travel with the stomach bug and flu. Bronchitis that's been treated isn't a problem really. However other cruisers and plane travelers will definitely be giving looks to someone who is coughing a lot.

TY for all your help. She did go to Dr several weeks ago and was put on meds. No fever or anything that would be given to any one else. My concern is the lingering cough she has. She still takes breathing treatments to help the lungs. You know how people feel when you start hacking around them,,, not a good feeling. Happy cruising and thank you again