FOUND: Wedding Ring in Safe

JLODK

Good morning, everyone

I am excited to update you that the owner of the ring that we found in the safe as been located and has been reconnected to her ring.

We contacted Royal Caribbean lost and found department to let them know we found the ring. It took 7 business days for us to hear back and they told us that no one had claimed the ring to be lost and that there was nothing else they could do regarding the lost ring. We received another call 2 weeks later to reiterate that there was no log of a lost ring from a past passenger.

Then, last week, we received another call from Royal Caribbean sharing that the owner of the ring had come forward. The ring was shipped over night and the owner has been reunited with their wedding band!

Happy ending!

Excellent outcome! Really glad this worked out for all concerned.

Good morning, everyone

I am excited to update you that the owner of the ring that we found in the safe as been located and has been reconnected to her ring.

We contacted Royal Caribbean lost and found department to let them know we found the ring. It took 7 business days for us to hear back and they told us that no one had claimed the ring to be lost and that there was nothing else they could do regarding the lost ring. We received another call 2 weeks later to reiterate that there was no log of a lost ring from a past passenger.

Then, last week, we received another call from Royal Caribbean sharing that the owner of the ring had come forward. The ring was shipped over night and the owner has been reunited with their wedding band!

Happy ending!

WOW...Needle in a haystack and you found it...Fine Job!!!

Good morning, everyone

Happy ending!

Wow, that's great!

Glad that RC's lost&found system worked.

Bummer it took extra time contacting you and having you ship it though. Must have felt scary for the owner that everyone had to rely on a stranger not losing it at home and to send it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good morning, everyone

Happy ending!

Very, very cool

From my experience, reaching out on your own is probably more effective than relying on RCCL.

My room safe was locked from a previous customer. An engineer came up to unlock it. He handed me the contents even though they belonged to a previous customer. He refused to take the items from me.

I inventoried all of the items on paper and then called a number I discovered on a business card in a gentleman's wallet.

He was shocked to hear from me as he had been frantically working with RCCL for two weeks to fetch the items from his room safe. He had already cancelled all of his charge cards but would like is drivers license and photos back.

As we discovered, RCCL had done absolutely NOTHING. The gentleman had sailed two cruises prior to mine so the items had been in the safe for a long time.

I informed him that I was brining the items to guest services. (In hindsight, I should have asked him if he would rather that I sent them to him directly.)

I explained to guest services that he had been waiting for two weeks. They only said that the room steward is supposed to ensure that the safe is unlocked and empty after each cruise. They inventoried the items with me and that was the end of that. I only wish that I had kept his phone number to check and see if he ever received the items from RCCL.

Thank you for being a good person!

So in the end RCI´s lost and found Department did the Job to reunite the ring with it´s owner despite the fact that they had to alk the extra mile and jump through additional Loops because the OP thought they could do a better Job than RCI. Kudos to RCI and the OP should re-think their Actions, just in cae they run in such a Situation again.

I´m glad it all worked out for the owner of the ring. I´m sure they are very happy about it though it all would have ben easier without the OP as middle man.

So in the end RCI´s lost and found Department did the Job to reunite the ring with it´s owner despite the fact that they had to alk the extra mile and jump through additional Loops because the OP thought they could do a better Job than RCI. Kudos to RCI and the OP should re-think their Actions, just in cae they run in such a Situation again.

I´m glad it all worked out for the owner of the ring. I´m sure they are very happy about it though it all would have ben easier without the OP as middle man.

Lost items should always be turned in to guest relations. The OP's actions were ill advised. And probably delayed the return of the ring to the owner.

Thank you for coming back and letting everyone know the wonderful outcome.

We will never know what would have happened if the ring had been left in the safe or turned over to lost and found, but very happy to know it all ended up on a positive note.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Lost items should always be turned in to guest relations. The OP's actions were ill advised. And probably delayed the return of the ring to the owner.

Agreed. The ring was returned by RCI to its owner in spite of the OP having removed it from the ship, not because of it.

Good morning, everyone

Happy ending!

Great! You made the right decision.

Exactly.

Agreed. The ring was returned by RCI to its owner in spite of the OP having removed it from the ship, not because of it.

I completely disagree. How many stories were on this thread about people NEVER getting their belongings back. ever? The owner would probably have never seen that ring again if it weren't for the OP.

Edited to say that some friends of mine were on a cruise just before Christmas and accidentally left some souvenirs behind. They still don't have them back. That was a Disney cruise, apparently no better than RCI for getting things back to their rightful owners.

Edited by Cruzin-K

I completely disagree. How many stories were on this thread about people NEVER getting their belongings back. ever? The owner would probably have never seen that ring again if it weren't for the OP.

Edited to say that some friends of mine were on a cruise just before Christmas and accidentally left some souvenirs behind. They still don't have them back. That was a Disney cruise, apparently no better than RCI for getting things back to their rightful owners.

Apples and oranges. How many of the "unfound" items were turned in to Guest Relations by the person who found them? Keep in mind the item could have been found by an employee or a guest.

If the OP would have turned the ring in to guest services AND gone to social media to say they've done so, they have the best of both worlds. Anyone who left/lost something on the ship is first going to go to RCI.

I think the OP had the best intentions but still made a bad decision.

I agree Karen, from personal experience. I think the crewmembers who service the staterooms are too busy on turnover day to properly handle items left behind. I left prescription eyeglasses in the stateroom, something no one else could use. Called RC not long after we got off the ship, before new cruisers were boarding. Message I got back (after a week) was that nothing was found.

I agree Karen, from personal experience. I think the crewmembers who service the staterooms are too busy on turnover day to properly handle items left behind. I left prescription eyeglasses in the stateroom, something no one else could use. Called RC not long after we got off the ship, before new cruisers were boarding. Message I got back (after a week) was that nothing was found.

I have the opposite experience. I left my college ring in the stateroom on checkout day. Laura and I had two cabins so I took my bag to her room so we could go to breakfast. My cabin steward found the ring and took it to GS's, then notified Laura's cabin steward of what she had done. Luckily we ran into Laura's cabin steward after breakfast and he informed us of what had transpired.

I went to GS's desk and got my ring back. GS officer did ask what the inscription on the band was. My name. :rolleyes: