Regent Policies, Rules & Guidelines

flossie009

If following the rules were important to corporate management, the rules would be enforced.

Sometimes corporate does not know exactly what is happening onboard the ship (which is why they monitor CC). As has been noted, someone onboard the Explorer posted about lounge hogs. Since her post, the issue of lounge hogging was put in Passages. Also, as evidence of Regent paying attention to CC, I have posted from the ship (not usually a complaint - the last time was a compliment) and the person onboard thanked me for what I posted on CC (they heard from their manager at corporate).

In terms of corporate - I generally like the way onboard ship management runs the ship rather than having corporate intervene. Most of the time the dress code is enforced but sometimes (now apparently) the G.M.'s may need a reminder from corporate. I strongly suspect that our Explorer cruise next month will not have these issues (partly due to the reasons posted by Portolan - the rest due to posts on CC). With any luck, all G.M.'s will be reminded about enforcement.

Freddie not sure why you think I wear jeans of an evening on board the ship? I didn't say that I wore jeans, actually I enjoy dressing up very much for the evening, so I am not sure how you thought otherwise. It's quite funny my husband is the one managing the mega luggage with my dresses, but of course he won't complain.;):D

Liptastic (aka Jean) - I am so sorry that you did not understand my rather lame joke. When I asked you what you did when the restaurant barred Jeans, I was making a play on words of your first name. Perhaps I should have chosen a better emoticon? :evilsmile: or :eek: ??

Hmm, is this another example of dopey American humor not crossing the Atlantic well?

Sometimes corporate does not know exactly what is happening onboard the ship (which is why they monitor CC). As has been noted, someone onboard the Explorer posted about lounge hogs. Since her post, the issue of lounge hogging was put in Passages.

Sadly, despite the policy being restated in Passages again, the sea day today was no different - there were so many lounge hogs it wasn't funny.

I personally noticed several people "reserving" beds both in the sun and in the shade.

I'm quite willing to have a "discussion" with these folks, or even move their things, but my husband HATES it, so I go for a peaceful life, even if it means that I'm a very stressed wife 😖.

Of course, if management did their job properly we would both be relaxed 😉

Wendy, I have followed your balanced posts for a long time. Currently we are on the Crystal Serenity cruising Antarctica and we have seen dressy black jeans worn and nobody blinks an eye. I have a Versace courtier pair of jeans that are not denim but the label says jeans. Crystal has the same dress code as Regent only two BTO black tie optional or casual. Port days and overnights even after 6PM who cares as like you said they are clean no holes. For Pete sake it is only a fabric.

When I first sailed Crystal and Regent formal dress was expected and you saw the gowns on the ladies and many tuxedos on formal nights. Now younger people are cruising on luxury lines and they are changing the dress codes but they have the money and are professionals and they are not Carnival cruisers they look very nice.

Just saw your post and would respectfully like to say that Regent is not Crystal. Their passengers' likes and dislikes are not the same. It seems that Crystal went from being more formal than Regent to less formal. That is certainly their choice. However, making comparisons of the two cruise lines is really off topic for this discussion.

lprp: There is a group of approximately 120 passengers that will meet at Regent corporate next month. I, for one, will make a point to point out the lack of enforcement of their policies. While this will not help you, bringing this issue to our attention will definitely help in the future. Thank you so much for your input!

"There is a group of approximately 120 passengers that will meet at Regent corporate next month. I, for one, will make a point to point out the lack of enforcement of their policies. While this will not help you, bringing this issue to our attention will definitely help in the future. Thank you so much for your input!"

My wife and I are taking our first Regent cruise this summer having been a long time Crystal cruiser (this summer they didn't have an itinerary we liked so we thought we would try Regent). We have also cruised on other lines in the past (Carnival, RCCL, Oceana, etc) and the problem of lounge hogs exists on all cruise lines. What makes the premium lines different (i.e. Crystal and Regent) is how they react to these kinds of problems. I was disturbed to read how the Regent GM responded to the OP's complaint. I'm hoping that this is not the norm for Regent and would hope that at your meeting you will try to impress on Regent the importance of onboard crew enforcing the rules and regulations especially at the management or supervisory level.

Liptastic (aka Jean) - I am so sorry that you did not understand my rather lame joke. When I asked you what you did when the restaurant barred Jeans, I was making a play on words of your first name. Perhaps I should have chosen a better emoticon? :evilsmile: or :eek: ??

Hmm, is this another example of dopey American humor not crossing the Atlantic well?

Oh so,sorry Freddie I didn't click with your humour. Long shift at work then reading the threads I was not on the same page as you there. I do appreciate it now;) and thanks, Jean.:)

"There is a group of approximately 120 passengers that will meet at Regent corporate next month. I, for one, will make a point to point out the lack of enforcement of their policies. While this will not help you, bringing this issue to our attention will definitely help in the future. Thank you so much for your input!"

My wife and I are taking our first Regent cruise this summer having been a long time Crystal cruiser (this summer they didn't have an itinerary we liked so we thought we would try Regent). We have also cruised on other lines in the past (Carnival, RCCL, Oceana, etc) and the problem of lounge hogs exists on all cruise lines. What makes the premium lines different (i.e. Crystal and Regent) is how they react to these kinds of problems. I was disturbed to read how the Regent GM responded to the OP's complaint. I'm hoping that this is not the norm for Regent and would hope that at your meeting you will try to impress on Regent the importance of onboard crew enforcing the rules and regulations especially at the management or supervisory level.

In our years of experience with Regent, the GM does react to problems - especially ones that are policy. I suspect that whomever the GM is on this cruise (I never post names when making a negative post as this is not fair to the person -- only getting one side of the story), has heard from Corporate about this matter and that it will be enforced in the future.

When I first sailed Crystal and Regent formal dress was expected and you saw the gowns on the ladies and many tuxedos on formal nights. Now younger people are cruising on luxury lines and they are changing the dress codes but they have the money and are professionals and they are not Carnival cruisers they look very nice.

I avoided Crystal for years because of the strict evening dress code that Regent did not have. Our loss, really as I love the line so much. In reality, Regent has offered alternative dining in La Veranda. Crystal still does not have a casual dining venue although it's dress is Country Club Casual most nights as is Regent. As far as jeans go - it's time to consider that they are acceptable evening dress. As adults, I think that if you choose to dress like a slob, it's your choice to do that, but it's the choice of the cruise line to limit your access due to the social norms expected.

lprp: There is a group of approximately 120 passengers that will meet at Regent corporate next month. I, for one, will make a point to point out the lack of enforcement of their policies. While this will not help you, bringing this issue to our attention will definitely help in the future. Thank you so much for your input!

Jackie, I am going to stay far away from you; I don't believe this occasion is a chance to bring gripes to Regent management; this is a chance for us to have some great food and drink with great people.

Marc

Jackie, I am going to stay far away from you; I don't believe this occasion is a chance to bring gripes to Regent management; this is a chance for us to have some great food and drink with great people.

Marc

It is so nice to agree on something. I could not agree more. I definitely will not bring "gripes to Regent management". I look forward to not seeing you and enjoying the great food, drink and many great people! Any time that I do spend with Regent management will be away from the events planned prior to the cruise! Actually, I have already brought up the lack of enforcement of the dress code so I have nothing left to discuss other than how wonderful Regent and the Explorer in particular are!

I avoided Crystal for years because of the strict evening dress code that Regent did not have. Our loss, really as I love the line so much. In reality, Regent has offered alternative dining in La Veranda. Crystal still does not have a casual dining venue although it's dress is Country Club Casual most nights as is Regent. As far as jeans go - it's time to consider that they are acceptable evening dress. As adults, I think that if you choose to dress like a slob, it's your choice to do that, but it's the choice of the cruise line to limit your access due to the social norms expected.

Kathy I know you are Crystalized as I have the pleasure of reading your posts/blogs since you started sailing Crystal. I just wanted to mention that on the Serenity they have the casual venue Tastes.

It really does not matter what one person here says about jeans as they are not the ones running the show and you are right times are changing and you are not going to stop those changes.

It is so nice to agree on something. I could not agree more. I definitely will not bring "gripes to Regent management". I look forward to not seeing you and enjoying the great food, drink and many great people! Any time that I do spend with Regent management will be away from the events planned prior to the cruise! Actually, I have already brought up the lack of enforcement of the dress code so I have nothing left to discuss other than how wonderful Regent and the Explorer in particular are!

Hmmm...we did not receive an invite to this event - guess we don't "count".

Chatcat and Suitetravels, Couldn't disagree more about jeans. Consider the slippery slope we have been on and where does it stop. If jeans are next when do shorts appear and a few years later muscle shirts. Hard to believe I'm talking from experience as that costume was worn by an individual from a very casual country on a Uniworld river cruise in France. Unfortunately they allowed him to eat.

Chatcat and Suitetravels, Couldn't disagree more about jeans. Consider the slippery slope we have been on and where does it stop. If jeans are next when do shorts appear and a few years later muscle shirts. Hard to believe I'm talking from experience as that costume was worn by an individual from a very casual country on a Uniworld river cruise in France. Unfortunately they allowed him to eat.

Shorts and muscle shirts are a bit extreme in your reply. I have seen on casual nights dress jeans mostly black. Jeans without holes or ragged can look very nice with a jacket. We have friends who sail Regent and they said as long as you look nice and they will not throw you out of the restaurant. We are on the Serenity and had many people coming back late from tours and many were in jeans and ready to eat.

I am not the fashion police like some people on CC. I only care how we look and both my husband and I dress well. The gown days and tuxedos are dwindling. If you want your own dress code charter your own yacht.

Due to "off topic" posts, this thread is starting to go down the slippery slope again. This thread is about enforcement - not what you think of the dress code (even though I agree with you)

Why does Crystal come up constantly when no one is asking a question about them:cool::confused:

Due to "off topic" posts, this thread is starting to go down the slippery slope again. This thread is about enforcement - not what you think of the dress code (even though I agree with you)

Why does Crystal come up constantly when no one is asking a question about them:cool::confused:

Threads go off topic all the time and you always point that out. It happens on all boards. You can always create your own website and I run one for an airline and they always go off topic but I will not delete them it is inevitable that it will happen on our site.

If you don't like the off topic posts just move on or let the moderator decide.

Shorts and muscle shirts are a bit extreme in your reply. I have seen on casual nights dress jeans mostly black. Jeans without holes or ragged can look very nice with a jacket. We have friends who sail Regent and they said as long as you look nice and they will not throw you out of the restaurant. We are on the Serenity and had many people coming back late from tours and many were in jeans and ready to eat.

I am not the fashion police like some people on CC. I only care how we look and both my husband and I dress well. The gown days and tuxedos are dwindling. If you want your own dress code charter your own yacht.

Love your comparison to the fashion police !

ALL employees of Regent are very observant of EVERYTHING that goes on in their ships.

It seems obvious that they do NOT intend to enforce any kind of dress code upon people that are clean and neatly dressed.

It really does not matter how many protest to Regent about this because an equal amount of people...if not more..like things a bit more casual.

The writing is on the wall about society changing and you might find cruise lines like Seaborne sticking to the the old fashioned ways but not Regent.

I personally miss the days when people as a whole dressed decent just to leave their house but those days are fading.....

Love your comparison to the fashion police !

ALL employees of Regent are very observant of EVERYTHING that goes on in their ships.

It seems obvious that they do NOT intend to enforce any kind of dress code upon people that are clean and neatly dressed.

It really does not matter how many protest to Regent about this because an equal amount of people...if not more..like things a bit more casual.

The writing is on the wall about society changing and you might find cruise lines like Seaborne sticking to the the old fashioned ways but not Regent.

I personally miss the days when people as a whole dressed decent just to leave their house but those days are fading.....[/quote

Loved your reply and you and I are on the same page. Those glamour days are gone and fading more. The luxury lines are relaxing the dress codes and it is a fact but not to absurd shorts or ball caps as TC suggests. People with the money to travel on any luxury line will not dress as such as described. We will be on Seabourn later this year and posters said don't worry about it if you are dressed nicely and jeans if neat and clean are acceptable with a collared shirt and jacket.

I guess we will not sail RSSC because TC tells all of us what is acceptable or not and we have sailed Regent five times. Seabourn is our next cruise.

I guess we will not sail RSSC because TC tells all of us what is acceptable or not and we have sailed Regent five times. Seabourn is our next cruise.

I miss a more nicely dressed public, too. I miss the days where people felt good about themselves and wanted to project a neat, clean image. But as you said, those days are fading (have faded?) away.

But I also miss the days where people were more civil to each other as well. I honestly don't see where every thread has to have at least one personal attack in it. However you feel about other posters, it's these kinds of comments that turn a thread sour. I don't recall TC telling all of us what is acceptable or not - she usually just posts Regent's published dress code. I, for one, don't see a problem with that.

If you would be so kind, though, to post your thoughts and impressions of Seabourn, I'd really appreciate it - they're on my short list as an alternative to Regent if the itinerary is right. I'd like to know what you think of them.