Is it just me or has NCL's prices jumped!

ready2cruzagain

Decided to look at some cruises this morning and can't believe the prices I am seeing. Does NCL's prices usually jump up this time of year?

After seeing higher prices than a couple of weeks ago I decided to check the cruises we have booked. Our cruise for next January when I checked has gone up $200pp on one and $50pp on the other.

Thinking I will be waiting to book.

Besides the dynamic pricing/yield management prices are indeed rising;

"According to Norwegian’s earnings call today, its 2017 booked position was at a historic high with pricing slightly higher than 2016."

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/16456-norwegian-strong-2016-and-positive-outlook.html

Simple: Supply & Demand.

Book when you are happy with the price and then stop watching!!

hmmm...I am wanting to book another cruise so why would I stop watching? I only looked at my other cruises prices due to the fact that the ones I am looking at have all gone way up. Wanted to see how the ones I have booked are doing.

I know about supply and demand but seems like an awful lot of the cruises I am looking at have gone up.

I agree that prices seem to be higher. Recently booked a Bermuda cruise and could only get an aft balcony for what we paid for a suite 2 years ago. I know, I know - 2 years!! But we sail pretty much the same ships, same itinerary and see prices much higher than the previous year. I do keep watch in case they drop but haven't had too much luck with that lately.

With the incentive to book -9- months out for additional Latitude points removed there is no hurry to book

a cruise unless you desire a specific class cabin location. Booking more than year out only gives you the

opportunity to see the ebb and flow of pricing of the cabins. The other factor to consider if traveling by air

to the port is how to put together a travel package that meets and suits your budget.

Picture throwing darts at a revolving dart board blindfolded - or whack a mole piñata !

While using a TA may slightly dent your budget - their assistance in monitoring the market maybe of

significant use. Also consider frequent visits to CC here for ???s about marketing trends highs and lows

and those Promos thrown into the mix that are revoked when changing altering a booking.

It ain't getting easier folks - what's in your wallet - sort of like the price is right !

Our next cruise has gone up about $500 pp just within the past couple of weeks. Further proof than when you see a good deal, book it!

I have always thought that. Todays rates could be lower tomorrow of visa versa. Rates fluxuate As for prices going up prices on most everything have gone up; whats new?;p

With the incentive to book -9- months out for additional Latitude points removed there is no hurry to book

a cruise unless you desire a specific class cabin location. Booking more than year out only gives you the

opportunity to see the ebb and flow of pricing of the cabins. The other factor to consider if traveling by air

to the port is how to put together a travel package that meets and suits your budget.

Picture throwing darts at a revolving dart board blindfolded - or whack a mole piñata !

While using a TA may slightly dent your budget - their assistance in monitoring the market maybe of

significant use. Also consider frequent visits to CC here for ???s about marketing trends highs and lows

and those Promos thrown into the mix that are revoked when changing altering a booking.

It ain't getting easier folks - what's in your wallet - sort of like the price is right !

I was sorta thinking that since they eliminated the 9 month extra latitudes point that people hurried up and booked to get that extra latitude point by booking before Feb. 3rd, therefore pushing up NCL'a demand. Now that there is no incentive to book early, other than if you want a certain room or category, I feel like not as many people will book early. JMHO though.

Lost me on the part where you told me to consider frequent visits to CC here for ???'s about marketing trends when I have over 10,000 posts...thinking I visit CC too much LOL:o

• 1 month later...

I have noticed that the so-called 'free' at sea pushed prices up by about £400pp and now this all inclusive promotion has kicked in prices have gone up by about £500pp. Neither of these promotions are beneficial unless you can drink at least 8 alcoholic drinks a day to break even.

It's a real shame as I am a Platinum member and remember thinking that paying £720 for my Bermuda cruise in May 2015 was a lot as most of the Caribbean cruises were priced at around £600. I did a Caribbean back to back on Escape and Getaway January 2016 and for the two weeks it was maybe £1300.

I have two Caribbean cruises booked with them for next year that are great prices and include the drinks package for £800 each in a studio. Sadly, I can't see myself booking with NCL again at their ridiculous prices.

For N American cruisers, unless you are within the 90 day cancellation period, why do you need to wait? Lock in the current rate/cabin and use the cancellation option to rebook if a better deal comes up.

When I originally posted this thread I stated one of our cruises had gone up $200 and the other $50. Now, one has gone up $350 and the other has gone up $250. Glad we booked when we did. Still waiting to book a couple of more cruises since the prices on the cruises I keep looking at are just ridiculous.

i have a cruised book on the Escape and Gem for next year, the prices have not increased

for my breakaway cruise later this year, that has gone up by 100 dollars or so

Last month we were on the Escape in a Haven Owner's Suite large balcony & next March same week, suite & same itinerary trust me has gone up in price .... as in $2000 more a person. I booked this past March trip thru NCL a year in advance & for me to do the same now it's as I said $2000 more a person so I'd have to say that's a price increase.

I have been watching the prices for the cruise I have book for April 2018 and they too have gone up. But comparing the price of the upcoming cruise vs my last one, I still got off cheaper this time around. With 1 specialty dining night for 2 people and 2 drink packages on RCCL, for a balcony we still paid a bit more than we did for this one. I'm just one of those people that like to watch it go up and down for the price. I booked this one at $1179 pp for a BB category on deck 10. It has gone up to $1249 pp and I am sure it will keep rising. My way of looking at all of this is that it's STILL cheaper for me to cruise than it is to have a week long trip some place. At least with cruising I don't have to fly anywhere since I am close enough to New Orleans, Tampa, and Port Canaveral to drive.