Just for fun, what is the single worst thing you have seen a carnival cruiser doing?

This was my first thought also.

Unfortunately many don't want to 'be a bother' and won't do anything about it.

Ma be they were looking for that final straw to put him on the Do Not Sail list.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They don't want to do anything about it except complain about it on the internet, yet the guy likely continues on.

On our first Carnival cruise in 1987 on the Carnivale, it was very rough leaving Miami for the Bahamas. We had late dinner and were seated at a long table that backed up to another long table. Suddenly, one of the women from the table behind us was down on all fours between the tables vomiting into one of the barf bags they put out.

My husband and several others at both tables bolted to their cabins. The sight, sound and smell of someone puking was too much for them. The waiters literally had to drag her out from between the tables and usher her to a restroom. Disgusting!

So many people were missing from dinner that night because of seasickness that there were plenty of empty tables. Those of us still left at those two tables were moved to another area and they brought us new entrees.

It,s not what I saw but what I heard. It was the last Elegant night, after a bottle of wine in the MDR we went back to the cabin. My wife and I changed and she laid down to take a nap. I went out on the Balcony to listen to the Ocean. Well I fell asleep out there. I woke to the sound of the young gent telling his wife how much he loved her and how nice she looked in the dress she had on. It got hot and heavy, I thought what should I do make some noise or just open the door and go inside. I froze and sat there for a few min. Thank goodness they went inside to finish up, or did they? Just before I started to write this I thought maybe I was snoring and they knew I was out there. Joke on me.

Not seen but effected and affected our cruise...

Boarding a weekend cruise on the Paradise in Long Beach, embarkation was halted about 30 minutes after boarding had started. We waited many hours in the Carnival Dome. No food can be taking off the ship to feed the crowds, only water was let off. Long Beach does not have any chairs. It's basically a glorified warehouse.

We saw all sorts of police and canines board the ship. Finally we were let on around 6 and had the quickest Muster we've ever had. Thorough but only stayed on deck 9, didn't go up to our lifeboats. (Fantasy Class has a two stage Muster process)

Come to find out that an elderly couple left the ship on the sea day of the previous cruise. Their cabin was locked with the Snoozing sign out. Their balcony door was unlocked. It wasn't discovered until they failed to check out during debarkation. One was found a few months later, the other was never found. Obviously this put a damper on the rest of the cruise. The crew was very much in shock.

From this incident the room stewards are required to report if they do not see any movement any in a cabin for 24 hours. Even if you have the Ninja Steward they know if you've been in your cabin. It's also the reason we bring some food with us at embark.

Not seen but effected and affected our cruise...

Boarding a weekend cruise on the Paradise in Long Beach, embarkation was halted about 30 minutes after boarding had started. We waited many hours in the Carnival Dome. No food can be taking off the ship to feed the crowds, only water was let off. Long Beach does not have any chairs. It's basically a glorified warehouse.

We saw all sorts of police and canines board the ship. Finally we were let on around 6 and had the quickest Muster we've ever had. Thorough but only stayed on deck 9, didn't go up to our lifeboats. (Fantasy Class has a two stage Muster process)

Come to find out that an elderly couple left the ship on the sea day of the previous cruise. Their cabin was locked with the Snoozing sign out. Their balcony door was unlocked. It wasn't discovered until they failed to check out during debarkation. One was found a few months later, the other was never found. Obviously this put a damper on the rest of the cruise. The crew was very much in shock.

From this incident the room stewards are required to report if they do not see any movement any in a cabin for 24 hours. Even if you have the Ninja Steward they know if you've been in your cabin. It's also the reason we bring some food with us at embark.

That is so sad. I guess at least they went out together? (And hopefully they mutually intended to)

I'd imagine it changed the mood. We were on the liberty either last year or the year before when a woman jumped/fell over night. No one figured it out till mid day the next sea day.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

On our first Carnival cruise in 1987 on the Carnivale, it was very rough leaving Miami for the Bahamas. We had late dinner and were seated at a long table that backed up to another long table. Suddenly, one of the women from the table behind us was down on all fours between the tables vomiting into one of the barf bags they put out.

My husband and several others at both tables bolted to their cabins. The sight, sound and smell of someone puking was too much for them. The waiters literally had to drag her out from between the tables and usher her to a restroom. Disgusting!

So many people were missing from dinner that night because of seasickness that there were plenty of empty tables. Those of us still left at those two tables were moved to another area and they brought us new entrees.

I'm glad the staff was accommodating to those who witnessed it...

That is so sad. I guess at least they went out together? (And hopefully they mutually intended to)

I'd imagine it changed the mood. We were on the liberty either last year or the year before when a woman jumped/fell over night. No one figured it out till mid day the next sea day.

Evidently it was. Both were elderly. One by 10 years and was terminal. Horrible for everyone be involved, including their family at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A family of about 8 on Pride would set up in one section of the smoking lounges every day and keep the space all day by leaving their stuff there. One day there was no place else to sit and I sat on one of the couches. There was only 1 man there at the time. He told me the sofa was his family's. Well, no one here now. He said when they come back they will sit there. Where are they? On shore on an excursion. I'll sit here as long as I want (it was only 1pm).

Other people got so mad with this group as they take another sofa from another section and add it to the mess with almost no one there. People started gong up there really early to take the seats so they couldn't have them. The sneers they got were amazing. Just a bunch of rude, loud cruisers thinking they owned that section and could do as they pleased.

My sister and I were sitting at one of the bars having a drink. There was an extremely intoxicated woman trying to order a drink, but the bartender was refusing to serve her because of how drunk she was. She then asked my sister to order a drink for her. When my sister said no, the woman just grabbed my sister's drink and chugged it.

A family of about 8 on Pride would set up in one section of the smoking lounges every day and keep the space all day by leaving their stuff there. One day there was no place else to sit and I sat on one of the couches. There was only 1 man there at the time. He told me the sofa was his family's. Well, no one here now. He said when they come back they will sit there. Where are they? On shore on an excursion. I'll sit here as long as I want (it was only 1pm).

Other people got so mad with this group as they take another sofa from another section and add it to the mess with almost no one there. People started gong up there really early to take the seats so they couldn't have them. The sneers they got were amazing. Just a bunch of rude, loud cruisers thinking they owned that section and could do as they pleased.

We had a similar experience on the Carnival Fascination when trying to find a place to watch the Carolina Panthers game 2 years ago. This family had blocked off a huge section of the only area to really watch it and the seats were empty. There was one woman sitting there guarding them and yelling at us that "these seats are taken!!!" Guess she thought she was the only loud mouth on the ship because I walked right up to her and yelled as loud as I could "yes, we can see that!!!" Its always shocking to me how entitled people in this world are. We ended up finding a great place right in front of the coffee shop on promenade and made sure to make room for anyone looking for a seat and had a fantastic time! Everyone else was complaining about the game chair hogs too.

On Magic in April at 7:30 am last sea day 2 women were in the smoking section putting blue towels on EVERY chair. No one else was there. I took one off and sat down. They sneered at me. No one showed up until 8:30 am. By then the 2 women had picked up about 7 towels and had gone further down leaving the rest of the towels.

Same day I saw a crew member put stickers on 2 lounges by the pool--most of which had towels and no one in them. I thought great, he's enforcing the rules. He came back in 40 minutes and --- took the stickers!

Oohhhh, my first cruise was a doozy. We saw a a couple in the hot tub having a REALLY good time.. Bikini top down and all. AND a person was filming them, standing in the hob tub with them. Pretty sure it's on Cinemax now.

My sister and I were sitting at one of the bars having a drink. There was an extremely intoxicated woman trying to order a drink, but the bartender was refusing to serve her because of how drunk she was. She then asked my sister to order a drink for her. When my sister said no, the woman just grabbed my sister's drink and chugged it.

Maybe she thought your sister was on the Cheers program and it was ok to drink her drink because your sister "had paid for 15 drinks....;p"

Carnival Inspiration- A couple using the Serenity deck to get Serenity lol. On Embarkation Day at the Lido deck lunch a lady way past drunk and stumbling and we had not left port yet.

Carnival Imagination- Two guys came to breakfast and lunch daily in Bathrobes in the MDR.

I just posted this on the other thread of worst things you've seen, so sorry for the repeat (if you're reading that thread too.)

Anyway, not the worst thing I've seen, but definitely something I laughed at. My husband and I were drinking Coca Cola at the bar next to the pool. We don't drink much alcohol, and prefer our soft drinks. This young 20s girl comes up to us at the bar soaking wet (dripping still), hugs both of us (mind you, we don't know her), and she asks why we aren't drinking alcohol. We told her that we aren't big on alcohol and prefer our soda. She sits next to us and says "Ohhh. So you must smoke a LOOT of weed then." We laughed and told her we don't smoke weed either.

I just think it's funny that in her head we HAD to do one of those two, and if we weren't drinking, we had to be getting high or something. And sidenote- we didn't look like we smoked weed or anything (not that they have a look). It was just completely out of the blue with this stranger.

We were on the Vista last month watching a movie on deck at the Dive In. It was dead quiet ..... a couple to my left started arguing. She stood up and give him a right hook to the face so hard it knocked the sunglasses off his head and they flew about 20 feet across the deck. Everyone just started laughing .......

I just posted this on the other thread of worst things you've seen, so sorry for the repeat (if you're reading that thread too.)

Anyway, not the worst thing I've seen, but definitely something I laughed at. My husband and I were drinking Coca Cola at the bar next to the pool. We don't drink much alcohol, and prefer our soft drinks. This young 20s girl comes up to us at the bar soaking wet (dripping still), hugs both of us (mind you, we don't know her), and she asks why we aren't drinking alcohol. We told her that we aren't big on alcohol and prefer our soda. She sits next to us and says "Ohhh. So you must smoke a LOOT of weed then." We laughed and told her we don't smoke weed either.

I just think it's funny that in her head we HAD to do one of those two, and if we weren't drinking, we had to be getting high or something. And sidenote- we didn't look like we smoked weed or anything (not that they have a look). It was just completely out of the blue with this stranger.

Being high on life is cool :cool:.

I saw a man blow his nose vigorously into one of the linen napkins and leave it on his plate. I was sickened that several cruise workers would have to touch it and, though this was way back in 2008, I still berate myself for my cowardice.

I saw a man blow his nose vigorously into one of the linen napkins and leave it on his plate. I was sickened that several cruise workers would have to touch it and, though this was way back in 2008, I still berate myself for my cowardice.

I guess at least it was on the plate. One thing I've learned from knowing servers at restaurants is they prefer the napkin on the plate so they don't have to touch it.

I refuse to do pools.Always have and always will. And I was just proved right the other day.The wife and I were sitting on the Lido deck, overlooking the hot tub. Everybody got out of the hot tub pretty quickly. Someone left a big hard turd in there. And there was no kids in there. Just adults. So that force them to drain both hot tubs for about 6 hours. I had never seen it before in my lifetime. But that's a true story That is messed up. 🤢😷

Sent from Samsung Galaxy using speech to text

I can't remember which cruise it was, but we also experienced the pool needing to be closed down because of the same reason...disgusting!

We were on the Vista last month watching a movie on deck at the Dive In. It was dead quiet ..... a couple to my left started arguing. She stood up and give him a right hook to the face so hard it knocked the sunglasses off his head and they flew about 20 feet across the deck. Everyone just started laughing .......

I don't know if I'm more disturbed by the punching or the fact that people laughed. Would they have laughed if the guy had punched the girl?

Not exactly on the ship but, on the way to it. A falling down drunk mother around 50 and her sober daughter. Daughter was trying to walk her down the pier and begging her mother to get on the ship. Mom was belligerent and trying to pull away from the poor girl. Mom wanted, "MORE TEQUILA!"...Thankfully someone from the ship came out to help get mom up the gangway. Terrible but, then again it was Cozumel, ;p