Just for fun, what is the single worst thing you have seen a carnival cruiser doing?

Last year we were on a fabulous 10 night Journeys cruise on Sunshine. One of our best cruises ever.

The only issue was a guy at the table next to us in the mdr. His voice boomed throughout the room. I had never encountered anyone that spoke so loudly. He wasn't yelling, it appeared to be his regular speaking voice. And he possessed no table manners. He chewed with his mouth open, ordered the servers around like they were mere peasants ( a "please" or "thank you" never escaped his lips, everything was "bring me some of that there bread", or "I want a whole mess of ribs".) When he wasn't treating the crew like garbage he was loudly reminding the family at his table. how much he paid for the cruise and how grateful they should be. And apparently the guy does not own a shirt that buttons more than half way up. Really classy.

For the tie, Three drunk girls---

One gal so drunk during Muster that she peed. At least she squatted and pulled down her bikini.

Another cruise a girl's scarf-wrap dress kept on untying, revealing her upper body. She didn't realize it for a full minute. At least one time she was literally under the table. The waiter wouldn't go to their table, he made his female assistant waiter take care of them.

A girl so drunk they literally had to roll her from the taxi into a port golf cart to get to the ship. That was sad. What was bad was her friends sent her back to the ship, alone. She was only wearing a puny bikini. (We're assuming she was partying with friends) Who needs friends like that?

Cruise to relax and enjoy the days so why do people feel the need to cut the omelet line in the morning like the rest of us have not waited our turn. Same guy on the third day some how ended up with my coffee all over his legs. Must have been when he was trying to brush past me.

Relax We Are ALL on Vacation.

You have earned my admiration and hero status :-)

My wife and I were on top deck and we had just laid down on a deck chair to catch some sun. All of a sudden it started to sprinkle rain. I looked up and nothing but blue sky. I then turned around around and saw an elderly Asian man with his grandson standing facing out at the rail. I then realized the little boy was peeing! The wind was blowing it piss all over the top deck. I yelled at the guy and pointed out the bathroom below on lido deck. My wife and I had to go shower to get the yellow rain off.[emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-qxJqr.gif

giphy.gif?response_id=592476026a3d2080369c44f1

Edited by Saint Greg

This was more annoying than anything else. On my first cruise our family had dinner in the MDR every night. Every night this family at the table in front of us would come in with their son, maybe 3 or 4 years old. They would give a fork and a spoon and he would beat on the table during their entire meal. The last night of the cruise the family at the table to our right suggested that everyone give him proper goodbye. So when they entered everyone at all the tables around them picked their silverware and pounded on the tables. They got up and left, I guess they didn't like our pounding as much as their son's

Beyond Priceless!!!!!!:D

Here's a link to the thread I think the OP used as inspiration for this one http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2497569

All of the cruise lines seem to be well represented.

Do yourself a favor and stop wasting your time on this troll. He is gonna spew the same old broken record tirade that Carnival is trash and nothing like that ever happens on Royal Caribbean no matter what you say. The more of us that ignore him, the less his posts will be quoted so those of us that have him on our ignore list wont have to read his garbage. Eventually he will get tired and go away. Trolls usually do that once they arent being fed.

keep-calm-and-don-t-feed-the-troll-48.png

When we were returning to our room after dinner a couple in the end cabin were having a knock down drag out things were being thrown and a lot of screaming, security was already there. We were blocked from accessing our rooms, we learned that the man had brought a girl back to his room and was having sex with her when his girlfriend/wife returned to the room. Guess he didn't know she had the same key to the same room??

Not seen, but heard on the sailing I just got off yesterday. The married couple in the next cabin SCREAMED at each other off and on, across a span of three or four hours. (We weren't intentionally listening to them - they just happened to pick the afternoon we spent mostly on the balcony.) Really awful stuff, lots of swearing, and he slammed his fist into the wall more than once. Frankly, I was waiting to hear him hit HER instead of the wall, and then I would have called Security. She was sobbing off an on, it was just a total nightmare. My bf wanted to call room service to deliver cookies / break the mood / brighten the day / whatever, but I thought it might be worse for them to know that people could hear the whole thing.

Worst part? Towards the end, a child started crying as well. "Mommy, I hate it when Daddy makes you sad." Their kids had been in the cabin the ENTIRE TIME.

I can deal with drunks. I can deal with people sneaking a quickie in a dark corner. I can even deal with pee in the pool. That? I can not deal with and I hope they separate asap, for their sake and their daughters'!

We've never experienced a "single worse experience" - but I have seen poor behavior on all of our cruises. Butting in line, so intoxicated to the point of obnoxiousness, loud or foul language, touching the food on the buffet (especially letting children help themselves...and not appropriately). Just general lack of social skills.

Some of these comments on this thread are so funny, though...

Just for the record they took a dip net,and lifted the thing out of there.

I should have took a picture and posted it on another cruise liner forum.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy using speech to text

Do yourself a favor and stop wasting your time on this troll. He is gonna spew the same old broken record tirade that Carnival is trash and nothing like that ever happens on Royal Caribbean no matter what you say. The more of us that ignore him, the less his posts will be quoted so those of us that have him on our ignore list wont have to read his garbage. Eventually he will get tired and go away. Trolls usually do that once they arent being fed.

We have been on Royal Caribbean plenty over the past 23 years. I can tell you that a lot of what I read here goes on there as well. Both the funny and the gross. I have never had to pass any sort of test to book an RC cruise and I doubt anyone else has either. In a large group of people you find all kinds. One thing has become clear to me over the years. Stupidity does not discriminate based on age, income, race, religion, sexual orientation, or vacation preference. Truly equal opportunity.

keep-calm-and-don-t-feed-the-troll-48.png

Last year we were on a fabulous 10 night Journeys cruise on Sunshine. One of our best cruises ever.

The only issue was a guy at the table next to us in the mdr. His voice boomed throughout the room. I had never encountered anyone that spoke so loudly. He wasn't yelling, it appeared to be his regular speaking voice. And he possessed no table manners. He chewed with his mouth open, ordered the servers around like they were mere peasants ( a "please" or "thank you" never escaped his lips, everything was "bring me some of that there bread", or "I want a whole mess of ribs".) When he wasn't treating the crew like garbage he was loudly reminding the family at his table. how much he paid for the cruise and how grateful they should be. And apparently the guy does not own a shirt that buttons more than half way up. Really classy.

No one takes a cruise like Gaston, smuggles booze like Gaston, Order servers around the room like Gaston! I am especially good at embarkating!

Well this isn't on the ship but on the Carnival boards. Whenever anyone on a post mentions staggered boarding instead of staggered check-in they get flamed by someone within minutes... then someone else and another...

This wasn't Carnival...it was actually HAL on our Panama Canal trip about 5 years ago. My DH and I were having a snack on Lido one afternoon and an older classy looking gentleman (around 80) casually walked up to the outside shower (right next to the hot tub), took off his swim trunks and took a shower. He was naked and in full view of EVERYONE. My hubby and I just looked blankly at each other and continued eating our burger. When he finished, he simply toweled off, wrapped the towel around his waste, grabbed his trunks and joined his wife at a nearby table. Wow!

On our last cruise we decided to eat on the Lido deck for dinner one night with our children, both of whom are 7 years old. My wife picked the table and I didn't pay much attention to anyone who may have been around us. Next thing I know I here this group of four folks being extremely loud and using cuss words and derogatory terms in reference to African-Americans right next to my wife and children. Now I'm not perfect, my children have heard cuss words, but they've NEVER heard the N word. I looked at my wife and she knew I was just about to say something, I'm a fairly confrontational person at times when necessary and she's not, and she turns around and says something to them immediately which was amazing! One of the gals starts getting confrontational with my wife and I began to stand up. Her boyfriend looked at me and knew it wasn't going to go well and grabbed her and drug her out of there as quick as possible. Her friends apologized for her behavior, she was EXTREMELY drunk, and then left. Thankfully it was our last night on the cruise so we didn't come across them again. The look on my boys's face was priceless..............they knew dad was done playing.

One thing has become clear to me over the years. Stupidity does not discriminate based on age, income, race, religion, sexual orientation, or vacation preference. Truly equal opportunity.

/quote]

And truer words have never been spoken....

When I turned around from getting a cone for frozen yogurt this kid (who looked like they hadn't bathed in days) had cut in front of me. He stuck his finger inside the dispenser and licked it, then (I kid you not) he put his mouth to hole and pulled the lever. He was like a mini crack addict unable to get his next fix fast enough.

I may never eat the ice cream again [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Me too, because he sounds like the type that does this often and gets away with it. He should have been kicked off the ship. There is no excuse for this behavior.

Maybe the women were twerking. :rolleyes:

For the tie, Three drunk girls---

One gal so drunk during Muster that she peed. At least she squatted and pulled down her bikini

While everyone was standing so close together?! I imagine the folks next to her were not pleased!