Taxi/Uber price form Hapmpton Inn Brickell to POM

disneylover89

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a Taxi and/or UberXL form Hampton Inn Brickell to the POM? Last year I think the taxi driver ripped us off by putting in the wrong zone. The cost from airport to hotel was almost as much as the hotel to port.

Edited by disneylover89

Does anyone know the approximate cost of a Taxi and/or UberXL form Hampton Inn Brickell to the POM? Last year I think the taxi driver ripped us off by putting in the wrong zone. The cost from airport to hotel was almost as much as the hotel to port.

We paid $11.90 for an UberXL from the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay to the Miami Port. Wanda

I think we paid about $20 from Hampton inn about 2 yrs ago

we paid about the same from IC last April ..we got stuck in traffic so the meter just kept rolling on & the taxi did not have working A/C

not fun

I think we paid about $20 from Hampton inn about 2 yrs ago

we paid about the same from IC last April ..we got stuck in traffic so the meter just kept rolling on & the taxi did not have working A/C

not fun

That is a ridiculous amount of money. Yikes. Better off taking a hotel shuttle or Uber.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is a ridiculous amount of money. Yikes. Better off taking a hotel shuttle or Uber.

The shuttle was $8 pp & did not go when we wanted

Our choice to take a taxi it works for us

Thanks for the replies! I think we will try to UberXL for the first time.

Definitely recommended. After you download the app or when you go to the Uber website, you can enter your locations and get a quite accurate estimate of the fare.

And, if you are a first time rider, get a promo code from an existing rider. Both of you will get $15 off your next ride. If you need a promo code, mine is below.

Promo code: 6y3g9

Neal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
That seems high to me. It's $27 to POM from the airport by taxi.

That's the price with UBER XL. Uber can run as low as $5.45 (what it cost me a few months ago and I live super close to that hotel) and $13.50 for Uber LUX.

I just looked this up on Saturday Morning (AKA when we will be getting on the Equinox and leaving from Hampton in) and took a screen shot for future reference:

uberPool- 3-5

uberX-7-9

uberXL-13-17

LUX- 15-20

LUX SUV- 29-37

Considering there will be 3 of us splitting the fare it even the most expensive XL ride listed should be cheaper than a hotel shuttle!

We just used an Uber XL last month from Hampton Inn to the port. It cost us $13.13 for the ride. Last year we used a yellow taxi and the cost was $26. We always felt he ripped us off. We thought he had put the wrong zone in but we now realize that he jumped on the highway and ran the meter up. When we used the Uber, he never got on the highway and the ride was less than 15 minutes. Also, it was cheaper for us to take a yellow taxi from the port to the airport. The yellow taxi had the set rate of $27 and the UberXL was $39

We were 4 people with 4 pieces of luggage and 4 back packs. We fit perfect in the XL but there was no extra room to spare.

• 2 months later...

We took a taxi to the port from Hampton/Brickle last April and it was about $14.The hotel shuttle did leave as early as we needed.

This past winter we stayed at Hampton Brickell. Uber guy charged us $75! Plus we gave a nice tip. Did not realize until we were onboard. Won't be using Uber again! Concierge guy at Hampton helped us set it up since first time user

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the info. Anyone used lyft to get to POM, are the fares competitive to uber.

Lyft and Uber prices are very competitive - usually within pennies; it all depends upon who has the drivers closest to my pick-up spot for me.