Extra tip with drinks? Just curious...

momof4girls

Do you tip extra on top of the already included 15% with each drink?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Do you tip extra on top of the already included 15% with each drink?

• Yes
    • No

I don't tip extra. But there is probably times when a good server makes an extra effort to keep you "hydrated". Then I could see giving them a extra dollar. I am not talking bartender, just the servers. Bartenders are a different story and should get a tip based on drink quality, converstion and attentiveness.

Let's look at it a $10 drink that's $1.50, those who say they tip $1 a drink extra are now tipping 25%.

Madness.

Just call me a madman! :D

I'm on vacation and they've always done a great job keeping me entertained with their friendly service and healthy pours. I can afford it. I'm happy. They're happy. No one loses.

I tend to tip extra to the ones who have to carry a drink to me, rather than just hand it over the bar. For example, on the serenity deck, the comedy club, the shows, etc. I feel that they are saving me a trip to the bar to get it myself and their willingness to bring it to me is worth the extra tip.

However, if there is a favorite bartender, with a great personality and entertainment value is there at the bar, sure I will tip extra for that also.

If a particular server or bartender has demonstrated good attentiveness early in the cruise, we will tip additional and actually seek them out if possible. What I have done, with the MDR cocktail waiter, is tell him/her on the first night that I will take good care of them in cash on the last night if they keep our table well supplied during dinner during the entire cruise. :)

We always cash tip the bar servers at least an extra buck per order. Not only are they carrying our drinks to us, but usually they are some of the most charming people on the ship, we always have a few who learn our names and drink preferences. We had three on the Ecstasy back in April (Samson, I Wayan and I Gusty) who took very good care of us and were just awesome!

I'm on vacation and they've always done a great job keeping me entertained with their friendly service and healthy pours. I can afford it. I'm happy. They're happy. No one loses.

Exactly!

To the original poster if you tip $1 extra per drink they will remember you and give you great pours and fast service. 25 year bartender here :)

Money is universal everyone everywhere loves it!

I couldn't say it any better. Especially the pool and deck servers, when we tip the server will always return. One server in the Serenity Deck knew our folio numbers, great service for a few bucks.

We always cash tip the bar servers at least an extra buck per order. Not only are they carrying our drinks to us, but usually they are some of the most charming people on the ship, we always have a few who learn our names and drink preferences.!

Totally agree! By the second or third day the servers/bartenders know your name and your drink.

Karen

Anytime a server brings me a drink yes. For bartenders it Depends on the bartender. The best bartenders I do. So for my last cruise it was two bartenders that worked the tequila bar and comedy club, one that worked the rum bar and night club, one that worked the lobby bar and one that worked the sports bar. They got additional tips on each drink...oh and the coffee bar girl. I gave away all of the $1 bills I brought for tips plus put some on s&s so I guess it was quite a bit.

Perfectly said!!! We always always tip $1 or more each and every drink. I'm not wealthy by any means but I also have learned to budget extra for tips. I like how thankful they are and I know most of them can use it more then I. I have always tipped on paper. This cruise in November I am going to try tipping in cash and see if that's what they prefer. I'll actually just ask them because every cruise we find a few favorite employees that we love learning about!!

#November29Sensation

#May19Vista

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Carnival will raise cheers to 70 a day if they know you're happy to splash the cash. Look at massive price hike this week on Princess...

I will tip additional cash from time to time, definitely not on every order. When you find a good bartender you will know.