Poll: Do You Care Who Your Cruise Director Is?

winddawn

Do you care or consider who the cruise director is before booking a Carnival cruise?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care or consider who the cruise director is before booking a Carnival cruise?

• Yes. I book my Carnival cruise based on who the cruise director is.
    • No. I couldn't care less who the cruise director is on my Carnival cruise.

The only memorable cruise director was John Heald on the Elation in 1999. We had Schwartz for 14 days on the Magic as a sub for Dr.E. We had the pleasure to talk to him for a 1/2 hour or so. We got an interesting incite into their cruising life. Other than those 2 couldn't remember any others

I surely don't book my cruises based on who the cruise director is but I absolutely look forward to cruising with some Cruise directors more than others. I know some like to do their own things and not get involved in the activities but a good Cruise director makes the shows fun, the deck parties fun, the trivia contest fun, among other things.

We had Adam on our last cruise on the Miracle. He was really fun, but then, every cruise director I've ever had was fun! So I don't really care who I get, and I never base my cruise booking on who was the CD.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

no. cd is the last thing I would consider when choosing a cruise to book. I choose my cruises, by ship choice, price, itinerary and more. But that said. I do find that some CD's are better than others, and appreciate the better ones.

Didn't vote, because the choice is one extreme or the other. And there's alot in between. Yes I do care who the cruise director is now that I've sailed with a couple of superb ones. I would follow them on any ship they sailed, but then I would be giving up too much of everything else I consider when booking cruises. So therefore I don't. A cruise director that can host a good party and is friendly and engaged makes a cruise for me much more enjoyable. That said - the cost, destination, and time of year will always be my primary deciding factors.

no. cd is the last thing I would consider when choosing a cruise to book. I choose my cruises, by ship choice, price, itinerary and more. But that said. I do find that some CD's are better than others, and appreciate the better ones.

Ditto. But cd's are very important, don't think a cruise would b any fun w/o one.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

No, we don’t care one bit. To us they are just an annoyance with their phony cheerfulness, breathlessly telling us how wonderful this cruise is going to be, how we must not miss this or that activity. One of the first things we do, once we are in our cabin, is turn the PA system off or down as low as possible. Their sales pitches are intrusive and irritating.