Poll: Do You Care Who Your Cruise Director Is?

winddawn

Do you care or consider who the cruise director is before booking a Carnival cruise?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care or consider who the cruise director is before booking a Carnival cruise?

• Yes. I book my Carnival cruise based on who the cruise director is.
    • No. I couldn't care less who the cruise director is on my Carnival cruise.

Not a care in the world who the CD is. If there is one person I care about, it's who the piano player is.

I'll second that! If there's one thing I do care about, it's who the live musician performers are. They bring so much enjoyment to the cruise experience!

Should have been more options for answers. I don't care who the Cruise Director is and would never book a cruise based on who the CD is, but I've found that a good one can make things a little more fun and interesting.

I'll never forget Cassie because she was the most annoying, whiny-voiced CD. And the guy that always says "ciao ciao... but only for now" was also very annoying. Otherwise they don't bother me but I wouldn't miss it if Carnival cut them to cut costs.

On our Alaska cruise they replaced the CD with a scientist who would always talk about interesting things, and point out wildlife ahead, instead of hawking cheap jewelry and spa "discounts" like the CDs do.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been on Sunshine 3X and Emma was cruise director all three.

I heard her "Good morning, lovelies" and other announcements but in three cruises, never laid eyes on her!

So no, I don't care....:'):'):'):'):')

You made a good point. I think most passengers hear the CD's voice when they're trying to sell something over the PA system, but otherwise couldn't pick the CD out of a line-up because they never see them.

You made a good point. I think most passengers hear the CD's voice when they're trying to sell something over the PA system, but otherwise couldn't pick the CD out of a line-up because they never see them.
Lol, not true, as they are on the ship's tv all day long. Been on carnival splendor 3x and alway had Malcolm. Spoke to him all 3 cruises and he was very good. Last cruise on Anthem and was chosen for one of the televise shows. Very nice, but up till meeting him was not impressed. He comes across better in person, than his morning tv show. But still can't remember his name, only been 10 months, LOL. My 2 other RCCL cruises and never met up with CD.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

The poll is a little 'narrow'......it may not be all 'black' (No, not at all) or all 'white' (Yes) as the choices given......but the verbiage "do you care who the CD is?" could include some middle ground. We certainly do not book based on CD, but it does matter once we are on board and the great ones (Dr. E, Matt etc) have enhanced our cruises substantially. So in the end, I can say we do 'care', but we don't book just to be with a specific CD (we book itinerary first) but are excited to be with CD's that provide an additional PLUS to the total experience.