Princess new unlimited internet

antsp

I have been a loyal Princess cruiser, ( I have three cruises booked for 2018) but if losing the free internet minutes is confirmed, my Princess loyalty is out the window. I will look for other options prior to final payment. I doubt I will be the only one:(

Of the Platinum benefits, this is the one I consider the most valuable. PES lounge? Not really of value if you don't care for its drink specials (yes there's food but do you really need more food on a cruise?). Priority embarkation? Might save me a little bit of time but within a few hours, it's in the past. Disembarkation lounge? So crowded last time we would probably have been better off at the regular point. Cruise atlas? Let's be real - nothing there I can't get off the website. And I believe that's it for added benefits at the Platinum level.

Elite is still a long way off for us. Without the Internet benefit, there's really nothing to keep us tied to Princess. Might be time to try another line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Of the Platinum benefits, this is the one I consider the most valuable. PES lounge? Not really of value if you don't care for its drink specials (yes there's food but do you really need more food on a cruise?). Priority embarkation? Might save me a little bit of time but within a few hours, it's in the past. Disembarkation lounge? So crowded last time we would probably have been better off at the regular point. Cruise atlas? Let's be real - nothing there I can't get off the website. And I believe that's it for added benefits at the Platinum level.

Elite is still a long way off for us. Without the Internet benefit, there's really nothing to keep us tied to Princess. Might be time to try another line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The general decline of how Princess treats their Platinum/Elite/Suite passengers is the main reason, after 11 in a row on Princess, I now have a RCCL cruise booked for next year.....:(:(:(

Bob

I mis-remembered about auntsp, she started the thread on how pub lunch was no more.

Subsequent posts about pub lunch seemed to contradict this

Which is why it is better to wait for some conformation from multiple posters,

preferably reporting from multiple ships on any topic here.

Here we go again. If you read the thread about the salty dog daytime charges it was reported by other passengers and in someone’s review. I suspect you are from the USA and have so much fake news you think it’s infected cruise critic.

So, Princess believes that the only reason someone might want internet is to post on social media? What the heck?? Who cares about social media? How on earth does this benefit us who use email, which is probably the main reason those of us of working age need the internet onboard? I'll be really angry if the free internet perk for Plats/Elites goes away. I agree with whoever above said it was the one perk that they really use.

And I'd also be grateful if antsp and Pablo could take their silly feud somewhere else, so the rest of us can have an adult conversation.

I did start this thread with the internet information, this has also been backed up as being true by PAM, but some cc members are still not happy. Me, I won’t be happy if they strip the loyalty internet benefit, but for now that bit is just hearsay

As I said P&O has this system and it doesn't work.That's why I didn't buy it.The internet manager said that Princess were going over to the same system,I thought that was BS at the time (Jan.),seems she may have been right.

I did start this thread with the internet information, this has also been backed up as being true by PAM, but some cc members are still not happy. Me, I won’t be happy if they strip the loyalty internet benefit, but for now that bit is just hearsay
From information provided by CCL in the past, we knew that a change to the internet pricing structure was coming and it was only a matter of when. I am surprised that the rollout started on the Grand because I thought new equipment had to be installed and that would be done with the upgrades required for Ocean Medallion [emoji848]

I am assuming that the information about pricing is correct. That is a BIG disappointment because for the same packages that Princess is charging $14.99, $24.99 and $29.99 you can purchase on Carnival for $5.00, $16.00 and $25.00 [emoji849] If that is true than that is a very bad move by Princess. I do want email capability and was hoping that the Platinum minutes perk would be converted to a complementary middle level package. Instead, it appears that the only options are the cheapest social media package or a $15/day upgrade to the premium package. Why not offer a similar discount on the middle package, or maybe including that package as a Elite level perk?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

I have been a loyal Princess cruiser, ( I have three cruises booked for 2018) but if losing the free internet minutes is confirmed, my Princess loyalty is out the window. I will look for other options prior to final payment. I doubt I will be the only one:(

same here i have 4 cruises booked and will gladly cancel all 4.

I mis-remembered about auntsp, she started the thread on how pub lunch was no more.

Subsequent posts about pub lunch seemed to contradict this

Which is why it is better to wait for some conformation from multiple posters,

preferably reporting from multiple ships on any topic here.

Here we go again. If you read the thread about the salty dog daytime charges it was reported by other passengers and in someone’s review. I suspect you are from the USA and have so much fake news you think it’s infected cruise critic.

Perhaps this post will refresh your memory:

"Currently on the Ruby, the free daytime Pub lunch in the Wheelhose has ended."

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51952816&postcount=1

I actually had to use the cruise critic search to find aunt's post. Yuck.

That topic ... like this one ... better to wait for additional reports from more posters.

The general decline of how Princess treats their Platinum/Elite/Suite passengers is the main reason, after 11 in a row on Princess, I now have a RCCL cruise booked for next year.....:(:(:(

Bob

You seemed very happy on your recent cruise on the Pacific Princess. For myself, I feel that over the years Princess has declined in some areas and gotten better in others like every other cruise line. Every once in a while we take a cruise on another cruise line and have always come back to Princess. While we don't like this proposed change in internet, I think it would take a lot more before we stopped cruising on Princess. When we first started cruising on Princess we didn't get free internet, stockholder credit, military credit, free laundry, minibar setup, discounts from a TA, loyalty credit, and a bunch of other goodies that we aren't getting on our upcoming NCL cruise and we kept coming back to Princess. We have four Princess cruises booked, two of which are on the Grand and I am sure we will do all four.

This does sound like the P&O internet service https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/access_internet?_ga=2.218735516.448596910.1507466632-1836118438.1507466632. P&O does retain a 'by the minute plan', so maybe that is how Princess will keep the Platinum/Elite benefit. I have no use for social media or streaming so would not want to have to purchase an extended package just for twice a day email and once a day visit to an investment site.

Excuse me.....the news in the US is not fake.....it is just fake if the person does not want to believe what is being reported.....so please do not post fake news comments about fake news.....;p

Perhaps this post will refresh your memory:

"Currently on the Ruby, the free daytime Pub lunch in the Wheelhose has ended."

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51952816&postcount=1

I actually had to use the cruise critic search to find aunt's post. Yuck.

That topic ... like this one ... better to wait for additional reports from more posters.

You are extremely boring, this was true on that cruise, as posted by other passengers. I'm not responding to you again. You look extremely sad, especially when you first belated on about the dining room on embarkation day

Excuse me.....the news in the US is not fake.....it is just fake if the person does not want to believe what is being reported.....so please do not post fake news comments about fake news.....;p

You might not call it fake but some of the networks certainly like to report slanted views of most everything political. :D

It's gotten to the point that many people can't watch them any longer.

When there are reports with totally different takes on a situation or even different takes on whether something happened, they both cannot be right. Call it wrong or fake, but impossible to believe two different things at the same time. Enough of that.

Sometimes it seems if something doesn't happen "just so" on a particular cruise, the alarm bells start ringing like it is gone forever.

It seems to be active SM posters could be uploading pictures and videos - if that is included - and use more services that folks who just want to check email and send some messages to family or tour providers at upcoming port stops. Makes me wonder if Princess isn't just assuming a lot of SM usage among it's customer base, but is attempting to promote the usage as all of the happy posts to SM will encourage more people to book a cruise.

Current minute packages sell for $160 for 460 minutes and $200 for 680 minutes.

Won't surprise me if Princess sees the new system as a "benefit" for the typical 7-night or 10-night vacation voyage. The $25 package prices to $175 for 7 nights and $250 for 10. So it's in the range of the larger packages for sale now, but they can say it's unlimited and (presumably) faster.

The real problem is the price quickly becomes prohibitive for longer voyages and they should have a declining scale of pricing for that situation. But it seems like the pricing is out of line with similar offerings, so maybe it will eventually be adjusted.

The biggest issue will be if they roll out unlimited packages is that not eveyone will want unlimited packages. Some people will be alienated and they will lose income. Also the internet perk loss will cause them a lot of headaches.

what needs to be done, is get vocal, on facebook, emails, even calling a customer servive rep. Someone in his/her large office thinks everyone is addicted to the internet and will fall in li e and pay for it. I personally won't, as all I need is my alloted minutes to send the odd email, and print boarding passes.

Make sure you are heard, or you will lose it.

You might not call it fake but some of the networks certainly like to report slanted views of most everything political. :D

It's gotten to the point that many people can't watch them any longer.

++1

It's become much more than slanted, and is now definitely un-watchable

Srpilo

The below is a moderator response on their FB page:

Hi, Robert. As this is a trial package at the moment we're still working on getting full details, but our understanding is that once this is rolled out fleetwide the "per minute" purchase option will be eliminated. Guests who have pre-purchased minutes will work with our onboard team to apply the credit to the most appropriate package.

Bob

You seemed very happy on your recent cruise on the Pacific Princess. For myself, I feel that over the years Princess has declined in some areas and gotten better in others like every other cruise line. Every once in a while we take a cruise on another cruise line and have always come back to Princess. While we don't like this proposed change in internet, I think it would take a lot more before we stopped cruising on Princess. When we first started cruising on Princess we didn't get free internet, stockholder credit, military credit, free laundry, minibar setup, discounts from a TA, loyalty credit, and a bunch of other goodies that we aren't getting on our upcoming NCL cruise and we kept coming back to Princess. We have four Princess cruises booked, two of which are on the Grand and I am sure we will do all four.

I was happy with it, but that was before the changes to the AIBP and internet.....

Bob

Hi, Robert. As this is a trial package at the moment we're still working on getting full details, but our understanding is that once this is rolled out fleetwide the "per minute" purchase option will be eliminated. Guests who have pre-purchased minutes will work with our onboard team to apply the credit to the most appropriate package.

The moderator is also telling people that the Platinum and Elite internet minutes are NOT being eliminated.

The biggest issue will be if they roll out unlimited packages is that not eveyone will want unlimited packages. Some people will be alienated and they will lose income. Also the internet perk loss will cause them a lot of headaches.

what needs to be done, is get vocal, on facebook, emails, even calling a customer servive rep. Someone in his/her large office thinks everyone is addicted to the internet and will fall in li e and pay for it. I personally won't, as all I need is my alloted minutes to send the odd email, and print boarding passes.

Make sure you are heard, or you will lose it.

I'm going to be monitoring this and will definitely be contacting Princess if the Platinum/Elite free minutes are eliminated. I'll also be contacting my TA, who is one of Princess' major bookers. The free internet minutes are plenty for us as we never post to social media while traveling as we don't want to announce to the world that we are not home. We just use it to check email. Also, why stream media when there is so much to do on board?

Bob

So once again, thanks for purchasing something that we packaged up and sold you but guess what, we have made changes and you get to “benefit” from our new package.....

So once again, thanks for purchasing something that we packaged up and sold you but guess what, we have made changes and you get to “benefit” from our new package.....

I don’t think that’s all bad news, they are only mentioning the purchase of minutes, obviously elite platinum is not purchased. It will be a brave move if princess stops this perk to its most loyal customers