How many Embarkation/Disembarkation Ports Have you Used

Hlitner

Many folks count their cruises, cruise days, etc. But I thought it might be fun to count how many different Embarkation/Debarkation ports (count each port only 1 time) folks have used in their cruising (Ocean cruises) life. So we just listed all of ours (hard to remember some) and came up with 38! These are arrayed around North and South America, Caribbean, Europe, Asia, and Australia/NZ. Having cruised for 40 years (first cruise was in 1977) we can no longer remember all our cruises....but we did manage to recall all the embarkation/disembarkation ports :).

We are only counting the ports at which you began or ended a cruise,,,NOT the intervening ports.

How about you?

Hank

Fun question.

I have embarked in Pireaus, port for Athens Greece, copenhagen,

Civvitvechia, port for Rome, New York city, Boston, Malaga, Spain, Miami, Fotr Lauderdale, Port Canaveral, Lisbon, San Juan Puerto Rico, Montreal, Seattle, Hamilton Bermuda,a nd that is all I can think of off the top of my head.

Interesting question -- looks like I'm at 21:

Miami; Fort Lauderdale; San Francisco; Vancouver; Seattle; New York City; Copenhagen; Amsterdam; Bangkok; Singapore; Civitavecchia; Venice; Naples; Piraeus; Nauplion; Barcelona; Seville; Malaga; Cyprus; Safaga; Istanbul

We have twenty-seven cruises under out belts, with another in two weeks or so. Needless to say, some ports are duplicates. Thus far it has been Boston, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Port Canaveral, Seattle, San Pedro, South Hampton, Tampa, Honolulu, New Orleans, and by the end of the month, San Francisco.

It never occurred to us to post a list of our ports, but it does seem to make things more interesting, So here goes: Quebec City. Boston, Bayonne,NYC (Manhattan), Brooklyn, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Port Canaveral, PortEverglades, Miami, Galveston, San Juan, BuenosAires, Sao Paolo, San Pedro, San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver, Hong Kong, Singapore,Bangkok. Beijing, Sydney, Auckland, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Copenhagen, Dover, Harwich,Southampton, Tilbury, Le Havre, Hamburg, Nice, Genoa, Venice, Civitavecchia, Istanbul, Corfu,

Hank

We've only taken a handful of cruises to date, so our number is pretty small, but here goes: Port Canaveral, Seattle, Seward, Vancouver, Bayonne, and Galveston. That makes 6.

Our next cruise will take us back to Bayonne. Possibly San Juan after that.

NYC/Manhattan; NYC Brooklyn, Buenos Aires, Manaus, Amsterdam, Singapore, LA, Long Beach, Vancouver, Whittier, JAX, Port Canaveral, FLL, Miami, San Juan, Cape Liberty, Tampa, Baltimore, Venice, Civitavecchia, Piraeus, Barcelona, Harwich, Southampton. Count 24 unless my memory fails...EM

In my early life, when we were using ships as a means of transport from A to B (sortta cruising but not exactly) we sailed out of New York several times, Piraeus, and Marseilles. In my more recent cruising life, we have been out of Lauderdale, Miami, San Juan, Southampton, Seward, Civitavecchia, Venice, and Buenos Aires. Eight cruises, eight departure ports. Adding in the mid-point in a b2b cruise, I would add Vancouver. Adding in overnight voyages on large ferries, I would add departures from Stockholm, Oslo, and Manitowoc Wisconsin.

For debarkation, the list would be Piraeus, Naples, New York, [early in life], San Juan, Buenos Aires, Lauderdale, and for those where we returned to the start point, Miami, Seward,and Venice.

Seems like a lot but in print hardly makes me feel worldly:

Miami, Ft Lauderdale, New York, Montreal, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Buenos Aires, Valparaiso, Dover, Southampton, and Trieste (a last minute sub for fogged-in Venice).

Did have to cancel a Honolulu-Vancouver sailing at the last minute many years ago. But would still need to flesh out the list a lot more.

Southampton, Dover, Barbados, Jamaica, Buenos Aires, Tenerife, Rome (Civi), Venice, Athens (Piraeus), Istanbul, Sharm el Sheikh, Singapore, Hong Kong, Sydney.

Surprisingly few compared to the number of ports-of-call, lots of different itineraries from the same turnaround ports..

Easiest by far, Southampton (our home port, just 8 miles from home) and Barbados (super-smooth fly-cruise transfers).

Most fraught by far Piraeus - not because of the port but because our late evening flight was delayed, this screwed-up the transfer, the airport is beyond Athens in one direction & Piraeus beyond Athens in the other direction, and we eventually boarded about 5am. We passed on exploring Athens that day, fortunately we'd been there before but felt sorry for those on our flight who hadn't.

JB :)

Interesting...but Galveston, New Orleans, Mobile, Orlando, Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Port Everglades, San Juan, and Venice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Assuming you mean Port Canaveral since Orlando is a good 30 miles inland.;):D

Ours have been from Tampa, Miami, Port Canaveral, Ft Lauderdale/Port Everglades (same thing) and San Juan. Your basic Caribbean cruises. Have looked at New Orleans, Mobile and Baltimore but never seems to work out for us. Hope to do Seattle someday as well.

30 counting river cruises

Portland ME, Halifax, Hamburg, Amsterdam NL, Antwerp Bel, Magdeburg Ger, Dresden Ger, Basel Switzerland, Vienna, Badapest, Constansa Romania, Paris, Honfleur Fr, Manhatten, Bayonne, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Charleston SC, San Juan, Acapulco, Vancouver BC, Anchorage, Tampa, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Port Canaveral, Nuremberg Ger, Pireus Greece, Split Croatia, and NOLA

Fun question.

I have embarked in Pireaus, port for Athens Greece, copenhagen,

Civvitvechia, port for Rome, New York city, Boston, Malaga, Spain, Miami, FortLauderdale, Port Canaveral, Lisbon, San Juan Puerto Rico, Montreal, Seattle, Hamilton Bermuda,a nd that is all I can think of off the top of my head.

Have to add Rotterdam the Netherlands,