Email from Celebrity about Important Announcement Tomorrow - Fake News / Edge Update?

blueboro

Did not get that email. Enjoyed reading everyone's guesses about it. There was some talk this year about revamping Captains Club. The new ships and future sailings are certainly news. Maybe it's new class of cabins that will further limit venues for most cruisers. On a positive side, maybe it's news that more will be included in the basic fare.....tips, soft drinks, internet, excursions?or self service laundry? I enjoy sailing on Celebrity. I have 2 future bookings. I would enjoy new menus. Not that the food is bad, the menus are unexciting. There are loys of possibilities. Hope the announcement is positive.

Received the email yesterday. We're Elite, not that it matters to anyone but us. We're also thinking it's 2019 Europe sailings on Edge. Might be interested depending on itinerary and price. Leaning towards HAL Koningsdam for 2019 Europe. Wonderful ship!

Still waiting for it...I called Captain’s Club and was told it was directed to “Select “ members and they don’t have anymore information yet. 2:30 is all they know of so far! EST...just love communication...

I am elite and did not receive the email. I am also booked on the inaugural sailing of the Edge... for my anniversary!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

I disagree.

Neither my wife nor I received an email notification but then again we are not planning to join the mad rush to sail on Edge in the first year.

I am not booked on Edge, but I was sent the email.

It said the announcement would be at 1pm EST, which will be in about an hours time, unless the USA have already changed from daylight savings time, in which case it will be in 10 minutes.

Celebrity Cruises Facebook page says Edge reveal at 2:30pm ET. "We've got some exciting news about Celebrity Edge and we can't wait to share it with you. Tune in today at 2:30pm ET for the reveal! You're not going to want to miss this!" :rolleyes: Dang it, I have a doctor's appointment. Hope I can make it home in time.

That would be Accenture since they hired Accenture as the "consultants" to develop the new site.

We took our first Celebrity cruise back in Sept. They are lucky to have gotten our business at all... the web site is beautiful but not functional and don't get me started on their font size selection.... particularly when discussing itinerary changes. Fortunately for them I found and booked a cruise on a travel website... at least there I could navigate easily. Not sure what the problems are... perhaps it is browser related... but a large company should be able to develop a site that works on all the major browsers... had to vent

It's already on the Celebrity Web-Site and a public announcement was made. The Edge is going to Europe:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/destinations/

Announcing our most exciting season in Europe ever—our 2019 season featuring Celebrity EdgeSM. Europe has never seen a ship like this before, and you’ve never seen Europe like you’ll see it on Celebrity Edge.

She’s the first ship to feature our unique outward facing design that breaks from traditional ship designs of the past. On Celebrity Edge, you’ll feel more connected with the sea and the exciting Mediterranean ports you’ll visit.

It's already on the Celebrity Web-Site and a public announcement was made. The Edge is going to Europe:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/destinations/

Announcing our most exciting season in Europe ever—our 2019 season featuring Celebrity EdgeSM. Europe has never seen a ship like this before, and you’ve never seen Europe like you’ll see it on Celebrity Edge.

She’s the first ship to feature our unique outward facing design that breaks from traditional ship designs of the past. On Celebrity Edge, you’ll feel more connected with the sea and the exciting Mediterranean ports you’ll visit.

Yes, and:

Set sail from Rome or Barcelona for some of Europe’s most beautiful destinations on a blissful 7, 9, 10 or 11 night getaway. Don’t forget, there’s two brand new ports of call to look forward to: Nauplion on Greece’s Argolis Peninsula and Santa Margherita on the Italian Riviera.

Or, if you’d rather begin your holiday even closer to home, why not be one of the first to sail on Celebrity Edge direct from Southampton on an exclusive Iberian Peninsula sailing