Do all NCL ships have a brig aka jail?

fstuff1

i was either on the Gem or Breakaway a couple of years back and there was a security officer standing in front of a door on my floor.

apparently that guy is being locked in his cabin for doing something.

that gave me the impression that NCL ships dont have a brig.

they just lock people in their rooms.

then i saw the behind the scenes tour video of Escape:

One of the areas was the Security Holding Cell (aka brig).

so do only some of the NCL ships have a brig? if so, which?

if ALL ncl ships have a brig, then what could be a reason security locking someone in his cabin instead?

Edited by fstuff1

They almost all have brigs, however a cruise line will do everything that they can to avoid using one. In most cases it will be violent passengers or cases where a passenger has attacked someone else in their room that they will use a brig.

Passengers locked in their cabin may not be turned over to police, passengers placed in the brig will almost always be turned over to police.

How would anyone here, on an Internet forum, possibly know the reason "why"?

Gee, maybe someone asked on the behind the scenes tour? Or maybe someone in law enforcement has a plausible reason? Or a former employee?

Or we can speculate. Probably some behavior is brig worthy because the person poses a risk of violence, whereas another might not be brig worthy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Gee, maybe someone asked on the behind the scenes tour? Or maybe someone in law enforcement has a plausible reason? Or a former employee?

Or we can speculate. Probably some behavior is brig worthy because the person poses a risk of violence, whereas another might not be brig worthy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, yes...someone on the behind the scenes tour asked "why" this particular person was locked in their room instead of the brig...and that person just so happens to be a Cruise Critic member who is just waiting for someone to ask "why" so he can spill the beans and let everyone in on the secret. :rolleyes:

Sure.

Or,

Maybe since the OP was actually on the ship at the time, and maybe since the OP actually saw this occur with their own eyes, and maybe since the OP had access to personally question either the posted security guard or another crew member...maybe...just maybe...the OP could tell US "why".

Or I'm left to believe that the OP decided not to speak to any of the eyewitnesses at the scene figuring that the people here, who were not onboard, would somehow know "why".

Not to mention that knowing "why" makes no difference what-so-ever....to anyone.

I got lost once on the Star and saw a door marked “JAIL” on Deck 4.

I imagine that the reasons why someone might be confined to their cabin instead of in the ship’s jail are similar to why they have house arrest vs. prison on land. Because not all crimes call for the same punishment.

They almost all have brigs, however a cruise line will do everything that they can to avoid using one. In most cases it will be violent passengers or cases where a passenger has attacked someone else in their room that they will use a brig.

Passengers locked in their cabin may not be turned over to police, passengers placed in the brig will almost always be turned over to police.

From our experience the above is true!

Who cares! Enjoy your cruise! Forget everyone else! Geez!

These questions continue to baffle my mind. Do you plan on going in Brig? If not, focus on other things that will behoove passengers rather than stirring "hornets nest".

This thread was totally not worthy of responses. JMO

These questions continue to baffle my mind. Do you plan on going in Brig? If not, focus on other things that will behoove passengers rather than stirring "hornets nest".

And yet... you responded. There is a such thing as scrolling on by...

If it’s not your cup of tea- keep on moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What's your problem? I just read a few responses by you and you are being a tool in each one. If you don't like the thread, just ignore and move along.

Merry Christmas, Grinch.

Maybe the OP was just curious. I find a new topic/question refreshing. Not every thread has to be a rehash of the same 7-8 topics over and over. Of course I, like most people, simply scroll on past threads/topics I have no interest in. :rolleyes:

I'm sure there's a few here who have had " interesting" life events:cool:

I don't even think that was up for debate. Like you, I'm sure some folks here have had "interesting" life events. I doubt any of those events, however, would give them insight as to "why" this particular person was in their cabin and not in the brig.;p