Why Email Diamond Lounge Attendant?

Hi everyone.... I am a diamond member and new to this level... I am going on the AOS in March and was wondering why one would email the Diamond Lounge Attendant. I am not looking to take advantage of anyone but wondering what all one would contact them for. What all can they do for you? THanks in advance

Hi everyone.... I am a diamond member and new to this level... I am going on the AOS in March and was wondering why one would email the Diamond Lounge Attendant. I am not looking to take advantage of anyone but wondering what all one would contact them for. What all can they do for you? THanks in advance

Reservations at specialty restaurants, spa reservations, etc.

Hi Tom!

I hope all is well with you and the family. Back on AOS, I see! Less competition for you in the Belly Flop, I suspect. :D

Cheers!

People want to feel import....

That is a pretty snarky comment. You can email the concierge for dining reservations, questions about events or lounge privileges, etc. Show reservations, table assignments. If you have a question, email the concierge. You're not taking advantage of them. That's their job. They like their jobs. If you don't use them, there'll be no need to have them and their jobs will disappear. I have never read or heard someone "bragging" about emailing a concierge that is there for them to email.

That is a pretty snarky comment. You can email the concierge for dining reservations, questions about events or lounge privileges, etc. Show reservations, table assignments. If you have a question, email the concierge. You're not taking advantage of them. That's their job. They like their jobs. If you don't use them, there'll be no need to have them and their jobs will disappear. I have never read or heard someone "bragging" about emailing a concierge that is there for them to email.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Thanks to you for saying that... you have no idea how many times i wanted to say that as well. I am not one to bug anyone via email about my upcoming trip but wanted more or less to know how the lounge attendant might be able to help me if needed. Thanks for your reply. Happy Cruising.

I'm nowhere near diamond, but if I were I would not make use of one of the benefits of long term loyalty to RCI just because it made me feel important. And I would resent the heck anyone's intimating such a thing.

Funny the mindset of some of our CC family members.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

OP, I am glad you received satisfactory responses to your reasonable question. papaflamingo, your answer was spot on and I totally agree with your very first sentence. However, I beg you and others to not quote mutj2000. I have him on my ignore list because of his interminable snarky nature and it works great. But when you quote him, I see his quoted response in your post and as the saying goes, I can't unsee it. I simply bring this to your attention as you may not have been aware. It just irks me when someone incessantly insults others while hiding behind a keyboard. Thank you for your understanding.

We use them to request stuff for the cabin....mr Spook needs a power strip for his medical equipment that’s not a cpap machine so we go through the concierge to have it waiting for us in the cabin first. If you want a freebie tour of the bridge or galley, you ask them. And they can intercede when there are issues, such as when we got yelled at for not attending the muster drill even though we had

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We use them to request stuff for the cabin....mr Spook needs a power strip for his medical equipment that’s not a cpap machine so we go through the concierge to have it waiting for us in the cabin first. If you want a freebie tour of the bridge or galley, you ask them. And they can intercede when there are issues, such as when we got yelled at for not attending the muster drill even though we had

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You emailed the Diamond concierge and got a free bridge tour? Or was this a benefit for staying in a suite?

Exactly.

Basically nothing that couldn't wait until you got on the ship.....

OP, I am glad you received satisfactory responses to your reasonable question. papaflamingo, your answer was spot on and I totally agree with your very first sentence. However, I beg you and others to not quote mutj2000. I have him on my ignore list because of his interminable snarky nature and it works great. But when you quote him, I see his quoted response in your post and as the saying goes, I can't unsee it. I simply bring this to your attention as you may not have been aware. It just irks me when someone incessantly insults others while hiding behind a keyboard. Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks for the advice. He is now on my ignore/block list as well

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seems common for suite guests to be contacted by concierge by email and for people to make requests via email ahead of time before boarding.

IME you don't get the same benefit as a Diamond member. Yes there is a concierge and no doubt you could dig up his or her email and make requests but to date I have not found the need to. Different matter once on board, you can get them to make reservations, trouble-shoot problems and answer questions which save waiting in a line at guest services.

• 2 months later...
I sent a pre cruise email to set up a Cabana on Labadee-that were not available on line.

I did get one but I needed to do my own leg work on board.

Can you tell how you went about getting the cabana when you got on the ship? Thanks

I find the Diamond lounge concierge helpful once on board but to date have never found the need to email in advance. Perhaps because I don't have many special requests.

If I did require something arranging, then they would be a useful point of contact. Another reason would be if I had an important question that was best answered by someone on board the ship.