First drink when boarding a Carnival ship is...

I have to agree with the majority here. My first drink is the Fun Ship Special. Usually because that was there was always someone walking around with a tray full of those gems. Like several you said it is tradition. Why break tradition? My first drink I order from the bar, like a few have you also said, is Miami Vice. This is my first cruise in several years and I am getting the drink package on my cruise next June. Looking forward to trying out a lot of drinks I always wanted to try.

My first alcoholic drink on board is at sail away and it’s always a fun ship. Not even my favorite, but it’s a tradition with my husband and I to kick off our vacation.

Was the Fun Ship Special for many years but they are too sweet for me now. Mine will be a cold beer or a BBC with lunch.

I have to agree that a Funship was usually the first drink I got as soon as I stepped on board...probably because there always seemed to be a server with a tray full of those as soon as you stepped into the Atrium. But last cruise, I headed straight to the Red Frog Pub and was actually the first customer, so my first drink was a FREE Thirsty Frog Red! I'm on Victory in less than two weeks and I'm going to try and score another free beer!