Left on ship

My wife left a brand new pair of Nike Sandals in our room. We noticed they were missing about an hour after boarding. I followed all the procedures and gave them our stateroom and attendant's name and they are saying they cannot find them. We sailed 7/16-7/20. I even FB messaged RCI the person there said they contacted the Mariner and the item has still not been located. Has anyone ever had any luck getting stuff back after leaving it?

That's what I figured just wondering if anyone has ever had luck. We have a place in Miami that we stayed at for a week after the cruise so there would be no shipping but we are back home in NY now so it wouldn't even be worth the shipping cost if they did find them.

Not sure what you are asking. You left the sandals in your cabin after boarding? Are you saying that perhaps the cabin steward took them? Or, are you saying you accidentally left them behind on disembarkment when your cruise was over? If the latter, have you contacted lost and found?

Not sure what you are asking. You left the sandals in your cabin after boarding? Are you saying that perhaps the cabin steward took them? Or, are you saying you accidentally left them behind on disembarkment when your cruise was over? If the latter, have you contacted lost and found?

Left after disembarkment. Yes followed the steps for lost and found.

Reminds me of a story... I hope you don’t mind....

We had just left a small restaurant in the Florida keys when my mother realised she had left her sweater. We immediately went back to the restaurant and I ran in and asked the waitress about it. She said, and I quote, “you mean the white one with the pretty buttons?” And I said “Yes, that’s the one.” And she said “No, haven’t seen it.” Never did get it back.

To date we've never left anything behind on a ship on disembarkment but my child did leave her eye glasses in the childrens program area one night during an NCL cruise this past year. It took almost the entire evening talking to different staff in the kids program and finally finding the one girl that thought she may have turned them in to lost and found... After standing in line at guest services for almost 45 minutes I finally get to the desk and explained what I was looking for. I had to give an incredible detailed description of the eyeglasses before they would go to the back room and look for them. When he came back up he was not holding anything in his hands. I thought "well isn't this wonderful"... He asked me, yet again, to describe the glasses. I did. He then reached in his coat pocket and held them up and said asked if those were them... Thankfully we got the dang glasses back after over 2 hours of searching, standing in line, and giving several descriptions... I told my 6 year old I was going to glue them to her face (not really) but I was so angry that it took as long as it did to find one tiny pair of purple glasses.

I once left a favorite jacket in the room. I realized it on my way out, asked the workers. They gave me info to ask about it via the website. We were close on time and see doing self disembarkation so couldn’t go back to the room. I followed up but was told it wasn’t in the room.

All this time I kept picturing someone enjoying that jacket. I don’t know if I feel worse or better thinking it went in the trash.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Okay lesson here is Cruise Ships are not Disney resorts. I too laughed at the whole not being emotionally attached to them. It can be a big downer to lose items like that and feel or know that you will not see them again. On different vacations we have lost a camera and my glasses and never got them back.

I lost a toothbrush once. It was my favorite. Looked everywhere. Finally I had to settle for one of those cheap ones hotels will give you when you forget something. A week later I found it, and the Dryer. It was in with my dirty laundry, but it got cleaned, so I was reunited!

(lost and found was no help whatsoever)

On Freedom of the Seas several years ago, my mom had lost a picture of her when she was a baby somewhere in her cabin. She had gotten the picture form her sister before the cruise and it was the only one in existence. She was pretty sad. I told the cabin attendant if he found it, could he please mail it to her. Long story short, he found it and it actually beat her back home. I emailed Adam Goldstein to tell him of the story and he featured it in his Wow of the week blog. Alpheus, our cabin attendant, was praised heavily, a commendation went in his file and he was given extra time off and some cool perks like free dining in a specialty restaurant. Dont give up hope :)

They do not save any clothing/shoes,etc.

Once you leave it, it becomes trash and they will not put it in a lost in found.

For health reasons, That's what Carnival told me a few years ago.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last March, my son left his watch in the cabin and didn't realize it until we passed through customs.

I was directed to a liaison at a booth outside and she had me write down the cabin number and a description, then radioed it to in.

They had to have a person go back on and look for it. About 30 min later I had it back...

On one cruise, my husband realized when we got to the airport that he didn’t have his cell phone. We followed all the required rules but never got it back.

Not quite as bad as me leaving my iPad on a flight from Sydney, AU to LA. I told American exactly where I left it but they said they never did find it. I’m sure one of those airplane cleaners are enjoying it. Very expensive lesson!

I lost a toothbrush once. It was my favorite. Looked everywhere. Finally I had to settle for one of those cheap ones hotels will give you when you forget something. A week later I found it, and the Dryer. It was in with my dirty laundry, but it got cleaned, so I was reunited!

(lost and found was no help whatsoever)

You expect lost and found to scavenge through your dirty laundry in search of your toothbrush?

Now that's service, if you can get it!

A few years ago, I left an expensive camera sitting in the cabin, when I got to where you ding your cards out when leaving, mine made a weird sound. They said I had to go to guest services, I was so annoyed because the line was long. Come to find out, steward man found it and alerted the front desk they in turn put a hold on my card.

That was one very nice surprise.

Last March, my son left his watch in the cabin and didn't realize it until we passed through customs.

I was directed to a liaison at a booth outside and she had me write down the cabin number and a description, then radioed it to in.

They had to have a person go back on and look for it. About 30 min later I had it back...

Nice that it worked out.

~

Similar story here, but for me, it was $2400 in cold, hard cash (I won a poker tournament)!

I realized after we had gone through customs and the same process happened. I got it back in full.

We our wallets/passports in the safe after our Alaska Cruise and didn't remember until after we had disembarked. One of us was sick that morning so in the chaos it just totally slipped our minds (they remind you enough I still can't believe we did this). We were reunited with them within the hour. Phew.

The brother of someone I met on board messaged me the morning of debarkation -- his family knew that I was a "loyal Royal" and would know what to do, because he had left a garment bag (not a full luggage kind, just a thin one) with several expensive articles of clothing hanging in the stateroom closet. He had intended to carry it off by hand and carry it onto his flight, but then left without it.

He had already called RCI from the airport in Fort Lauderdale, but his mother suggested he ask me for ideas. I was still on the ship, so I asked his room number and went and got the bag for him, added it to my suitcase (self-carry off the ship), and took it home, then I just FedExed it to him.

I just didn't trust Royal to get the items to him, and one shirt in particular was particularly important to him. Better safe than sorry!

I left behind a nearly new swimsuit (only worn a couple of times) on a RC cruise once. I realised not long after I left the ship and immediately emailed the Guest Services manager (who was a friend). Unfortunately she informed me that company policy was that all items of clothing left behind were disposed of.

On a cruise to Cozumel a few years ago, we stopped at Fat Tuesday's in the main square for a drink. We decided to go somewhere for lunch. A local man was eagerly petitioning us to visit his shop, which was several blocks away. I asked him to guide us to a restaurant (Somewhere he would go). He walked us down several backstreets to a hole in the wall place where we got the best food of our trip. The guy sat out on the curb waiting for us to finish so that he could take us to his store. Halfway thru lunch, I realized that we had left our bag with ship ID's, towels, camera, some cash and other stuff at Fat Tuesday's. I figured it was long gone, so finished eating, went to the guys shop, bought some silver jewelry from him and started back to the ship. As we were walking thru the square, the bartender at Fat Tuesday waived at me and pointed to the chair where I left my bag. It was still sitting there, almost 3 hours later. He had watched it for us the entire time. I ordered another drink from him and gave him a $20 tip.

JB

We were ready to disembark off the Anthem, waiting for our number to be called when I realized I left my cane in our cabin. I just felt rushed & walked out without it. I didn't remember where I left it so went to the buffet where we had breakfast. No cane. Then I went to customer service. No one had turned it in. Now I was frantic. I don't need it all the time but I do need it occasionally. CS asked for my stateroom room & they called the steward & had him check there. He called them back to say he found it & he brought it to CS where I was waiting. I was so thankful I hadn't gotten off the ship yet. In the meanwhile, I was so upset I had to rush to the restroom (I was sick). DH (in a scooter) was waiting for me when I returned to our waiting area to inform me our number had been called. We were driving so I wasn't concerned about the time. I felt like that steward had gone out of his way to bring that to me. I should have gave him a commendation but DH was rushing me to disembark. I know this experience wasn't as bad as some have had but it was the closest I had to losing something.