Will Princess Ever Do Single Rooms

swomom

My husband and I loved cruising with Princess for many years. He is now gone and I find myself with a whole new life...but I still love to cruise. I do understand the cruise lines’ “economics” of single travelers. However, it still causes sticker shock to know that I now have to pay double....of course, less the extra travel expenses, taxes and fees, insurance,etc. Not all of us can find a friend to share the expenses..that would be the obvious solution. So, here’s my question.....do you think Princess will ever do any single cabins? I know that NCL and even Cunard have done this...but none of the new builds on Princess include any. Thanks for any input.

I wish they would. I like to cruise more often than the people who I normally cruise with so have cruised a couple times solo with Princess, but due to the single supplement, I am trying out other lines that are more solo friendly. Princess is my favorite line, but I am finding some of the other lines that cater more to solos are doing a good job and they are getting my $$$

Unlikely but never say, “Never.” The original Regal and Crown Princesses had twelve single cabins each on Fiesta deck near the Medical Center. They were just slightly smaller than a standard cabin but had just a twin bed and a bunk bed in the ceiling so they were quite roomy. They had two large portholes. Loved that cabin. :)

674c25f41135ab3c9f214b677f4360e5.jpg

I cruise solo in a cabin and use a high volume TA who saves me at least 10% or more. That helps.

HAL has single cabins on it's newest ships. We always think that HAL and Princess are very similar. Maybe give them a try?

The Single cabins on the Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam are mostly oceanview cabins and are more expensive for a solo than paying the single supplement in an inside cabin. HAL typically charges 75-85% single supplement (although occasionally 100%) but you get double credit on princess whereas you get nothing special on HAL (unless in a suite). And Princess benefits are better (in my opinion).

Do they ever offer singles the ability to cruise with a reduced or no single supplement on cruises that are not sold out? I've been able to get this deal on other lines (0-50% single supplement on a line that normally charges 100%). Yes, it is last minute, but still a good deal.

Do they ever offer singles the ability to cruise with a reduced or no single supplement on cruises that are not sold out? I've been able to get this deal on other lines (0-50% single supplement on a line that normally charges 100%). Yes, it is last minute, but still a good deal.[/quote

Yes,I have recently discovered an American website that specializes in solos,sometimes no supplement at all.I'm from UK and have just booked with them .

I've used the same Princess Cruise planner for years and she always finds me deals where I'm saving a lot of the solo supplement. I had to shift a week last October (Japan) but got supplement 50% off. I'm sure any good TA could do the same

I don't want single room -- they're smaller and I'm claustrophobic

The Single cabins on the Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam are mostly oceanview cabins and are more expensive for a solo than paying the single supplement in an inside cabin. HAL typically charges 75-85% single supplement (although occasionally 100%) but you get double credit on princess whereas you get nothing special on HAL (unless in a suite). And Princess benefits are better (in my opinion).

Yes! Those double credits got me to Elite status very quickly.

I would say they probably won't but never say never. Years ago on the Island and Pacific Princess there were single cabins but they were higher than the other per person rate. It wasn't 200% but 150%. I remember I cruised on the NCL Southward (similar to those 2) and their single cabins had no surcharge.

Unlikely but never say, “Never.” The original Regal and Crown Princesses had twelve single cabins each on Fiesta deck near the Medical Center. They were just slightly smaller than a standard cabin but had just a twin bed and a bunk bed in the ceiling so they were quite roomy. They had two large portholes. Loved that cabin. :)

674c25f41135ab3c9f214b677f4360e5.jpg

I cruise solo in a cabin and use a high volume TA who saves me at least 10% or more. That helps.

My first couple of cruises I stayed in those cabins and loved them, also loved the Crown and Regal layouts. Closest thing to them now are the cabins down on deck 3 on the Pacific Princess