Rose/flower in cabin?

39august

We have gotten a rose in the cabin second day of cruise on 3 past cruises. On Equinox this past July and on Silly last Dec.. This time on Eqinox in Sept., no rose. We were in concierge cabins every time and we are Elite. What dictates whether we get a rose or not please?

We have also received roses. My wife likes the touch. We received the roses on our B2B Equinox cruise March/April 2018 and our September 2018 Infinity cruise. Didn't realize it was for being Elite.  

Edited by davekathy

It does seem to be a little hit or miss, I've received a rose/alstroemeria/freesia  later in on a longer cruise. I don't think it is location dependent although I can recall on occasion some flowers  not lasting very well, so there may have been a supply issue.

The practice of providing a small array of flowers  [generally, on both the desk and bath counter] in all AquaClass, Concierge Class, and Suite Class staterooms was discontinued several years ago.  The rose/bud vase that continues to be provided is sent to certain Captain's Club members [Elite, Elite +, and Zenith members to the best of my knowledge]. 

Edited by Xport

43 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

We were in a Conceierge cabin on the Summit this Summer. 

There were no flowers and no sparkling wine provided.

It did not affect our enjoyment of the cruise.

Actually, we did not miss these things until I read about them on CC.

The bottle of sparkling wine continues to be provided in Concierge Class, Aqua Class, and Suite Class [with top suites getting a bottle of champagne, I believe].  The difference is that room stewards no longer have the bottle on ice when you first arrive at your stateroom on embarkation day since most guests didn't choose to drink it before or at sail-away.  For future reference, your room steward should have reminded you of its availability and asked when you wanted it prepped [from what I can gather, Chic Nights are the most common request].

8 hours ago, cruisin lady ca said:

We have never received flowers when sailing in AQ on either Eclipse this past July or on Reflection on a prior cruise.  Is it an Elite perk?  Or destination dependent?

I don't believe it has to do with stateroom category. It's not a destination thing. If it is an Elite perk it's not published. We did a B2B Caribbean cruise March/April 2018 on the Equinox and a Canada/Pacific Coastal cruise September 2018 on the Infinity. We had roses on each cruise on the first chic evening. 

Edited by davekathy

Flowers are one more thing I'd be happy NOT to get, personally.  I like my cabin as clutter-free as possible.  When we do receive them, we usually ask the cabin steward to pass them along. Same with items like chocolate-covered strawberries.  I guess I'm just a minimalist!

X used to provide a bud vase of alstroemeria to all concierge cabins and up, but discontinued the practice a few years ago. The roses come from the Captains Club hostess to members who have achieved levels of elite and above. Both were nice little touches, much like chocolates on the pillow. You now have to ask your cabin steward for the wine when you want it. Most stewards will tell you to ask for it on the night you want it and they will deliver it to your cabin on the desired night chilled on ice.

We are Elite Plus and usually sail in Aqua Class.  We get flowers on some cruises, and on other cruises nothing.  I don't care one way or the other (although it is a nice touch) so I don't usually follow-up if they are missing.  Sometimes we get two sets of flowers - a rose, and then a small vase of another type.  I never know which came from Captains Club level and which from AQ.  They also may come on different times within the cruise - sometimes right away, sometimes a few days in.

I love Celebrity to death, but they are famous for their consistent inconsistency on things like this.

I remember seeing fresh flowers on a list of suite class perks we would get. But we're RS so I don't know if it applies to all suite levels. We're cruising now and there is definitely a small arrangement of 4 roses on our table. We're on Day 3 but I wasn't particularly paying attention so I'm not certain when they were placed there.

We have gotten flowers in a small vase with water in both Aqua and Sky Suite in the room when we first get in, the most recently as in April of this year.  The fresh flowers lasted throughout the cruise, or maybe if they replaced with fresh ones but we did not notice. Separately we had gotten a stalk of rose on the first chic night in a Sky Suite.  We are not yet Elite.