Royal Carribean Drink Package

JMT2568

8 minutes ago, JMT2568 said:

Does anyone know the best discount you can get on the drink package (currently 20% off).

Thanks

Look at the price per day, not the supposed percentage off.  Cheapest I have seen is $42/day for the deluxe package but that was last year.  Our January Anthem sailing is showing $47/day under the current sale and that is the lowest I have seen since booking this cruise.

• Thanks 1

Prices are a roller coaster , we paid 42 last year, buy now and check daily. My cruise in 2 weeks on oasis price keeps on changing from 45 to 48. I am waiting till I get on board since we just became diamond plus and get 30 percent off. 

I saw $42 p.p., for the Allure, earlier this year. It didn’t include the 18% gratuity though. Passed. Don’t drink enough to make it pay and will not chage my drinking habits to make it worthwhile. I know it includes soft drinks, bottled water, and specialty coffees, but it changes nothing.

19 hours ago, JMT2568 said:

Does anyone know the best discount you can get on the drink package (currently 20% off).

Thanks

Ignore the discount percents, they are made up by the company. Just look at the bottom line.

• Like 2

Our 12/6 Anthem sailing, the deluxe package is $42 now with a BOGO 50% deal, it was the same a few weeks back with a 30% off and $45 when it was 20%.  There is absolutely now way to figure out what the $ discount is, you can only go by what the price is. 

5 minutes ago, Dundee12 said:

The prices for the drinks packages how do you check daily is it on royal Caribbean website do I log onto my booking? My cruise is not til next June 

thanks in advance

Yes log into your cruise planner and look at "beverages." You can also find deals on specialty dining, shore excursions, spa treatments, etc.

• Like 1

I have found the discounts to be accurate.  I know the price of the package on Mariner.  So when I look at the discounts, it is exactly the amount off from the ship's price.  That is why I wait and buy the package on the ship.  As D+ I get 30% off, so better deal to wait and buy on the ship than pay the 25% currently being offered on a couple of my Mariner cruises.

I'm D+ and was going to wait and do the 30% off, but I don't know if that means I have to pay a port tax in Miami or wait until we are out to sea.  So I went with the 25% and got it for $47/pp.  Not great, but at least I can start drinking for "free" as soon as I board!

11 hours ago, sammyreddog said:

I'm D+ and was going to wait and do the 30% off, but I don't know if that means I have to pay a port tax in Miami or wait until we are out to sea.  So I went with the 25% and got it for $47/pp.  Not great, but at least I can start drinking for "free" as soon as I board!

Royal has not charged US sales tax on beverage packages purchased while in US ports.

Well here is a new twist to my drink package. They are no longer advertising the price as 20% off but it's still the same $52 as it was when they advertised 20% off. I wonder if this means they are getting ready to change the price again. When I first booked it was $50 with 20% off.   Who needs to go to Vegas when I can just gamble on the drink package. It seems to be a real crapshoot.  

31 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Definitely a crap shoot. Ignore the sales fliers, when it hits $45-$47 I pull the trigger. 

I don't see the point in pulling the trigger for $52. If I buy now what incentive are they going to have to offer me a lower price.

8 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Well here is a new twist to my drink package. They are no longer advertising the price as 20% off but it's still the same $52 as it was when they advertised 20% off. I wonder if this means they are getting ready to change the price again. When I first booked it was $50 with 20% off.   Who needs to go to Vegas when I can just gamble on the drink package. It seems to be a real crapshoot.  

We're doing a B2B cruise on the Freedom March 2019. For both cruises RCs website is advertising the BP for $50.00. Typical banner claiming  "save 15% off onboard prices". 

Do not, I repeat do not pay any attention to the percentage off. I am on the Ovation in Jan out of Sydney and have been monitoring for a while now and have actually seen 30% off cost more than 25 % off because there does not appear to be a set price. As stated above, look for the bottom line. I have seen a 20 Per cent off as high as $63 per day but yesterday was 30% and it was $49 (lowest in the past 6 months only reached once before).

58 minutes ago, Mickeymouse22 said:

Does every adult in a cabin have to order a drink package if only one person really wants it?

If you want the soda or refreshment package, only the person who wants it buys it.

If you want the deluxe package, our experience has been that you must buy at least the refreshment package for the other adult(s) in the same room.  Some reports have indicated that the deluxe/soda combo was also possible.

You must call to purchase a deluxe/something else combo.