Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

14 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Art is of course subjective, but I think that's a bit ugly.  Would anyone want this in their house?

No...but.... it reminds me of a  Japanese style watercolor..

Much nicer than what was hanging  in our EDGE cabin!

• Like 1

100% agree about the Blue Hull.  I wonder why they went with the white hull to begin with, maybe to stand out as different from other lines?

24 minutes ago, hcat said:

No...but.... it reminds me of a  Japanese style watercolor..

Much nicer than what was hanging  in our EDGE cabin!

We're going to Japan next year, I'll have to check out an art gallery or two.

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Cool Before and After

Weren't those two round windows the ones people were hoping would be retained from the Women's Changing Room?  Appears they did not survive in any form of a window.

8 minutes ago, pd7277 said:

Weren't those two round windows the ones people were hoping would be retained from the Women's Changing Room?  Appears they did not survive in any form of a window.

Was anyone able to ascertain if the saunas in the men's and women's changing rooms had survived the refit - albeit without the port hole windows?

On 1/11/2019 at 2:54 PM, CruisinRoxy said:

Maybe it's me.    I get that you have to update and all that.  But, it looks like all the color has been sucked out of everything.  It's all GRAY!  Shades of gray, white, off-white, cream...........Guess that's the trend.     Not sure how I feel about it. Anyone else?

I was hoping the grey trend would have been over by now, at least in home decor.  This would make me sad, and if it were a cloudy and rainy day....I don't know if I would like that at all.

21 minutes ago, Compass Rose said:

I was hoping the grey trend would have been over by now, at least in home decor.

It pretty much is, which is why it's surprising that X is committing to it.  This color scheme would have been the height of fashion...six or seven years ago.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheReeferman said:

Was anyone able to ascertain if the saunas in the men's and women's changing rooms had survived the refit - albeit without the port hole windows?

Pictures and all...

1 hour ago, TheReeferman said:

Yes. Photos were posted earlier in the thread or on the Live-ish thread. There are saunas, but no windows.

8 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

Yes. Photos were posted earlier in the thread or on the Live-ish thread. There are saunas, but no windows.

Thanks Anita (and pd7277).

Pleased it's still there - am guessing it's between 1/2 and 1/3 the size it previously was though.

I am getting a little tried of people who for whatever reason do not want to pay for a suite characterizing that decision as equating with being "unloved" (by the rest of us I guess).  Whining about it is what makes people "less than cuddly" I suppose.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MizDemeanor said:

Here is some history (and pictures) on the hull color on this class of ship. It actually started out as blue for those who may not know it. 

Thank you for posting the link.  It was an interesting read.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

I've been following this thread and I may have overlooked it, but have any new photos been posted fthe new Sky Suite bathroom?

Haven't seen any.   Hopefully more will come out shortly.    I would really like to see some of the CS.

9 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

I've been following this thread and I may have overlooked it, but have any new photos been posted fthe new Sky Suite bathroom?

Post #1062 features photos of a renovated Sky Suite including the bathroom.