T Rex Costume

Sarcastic Mama

My daughter has one of the blow up T Rex costume and wants to bring it along.  She's fun and goofy and thinks it would be fun.  Do you think this would be an issue?  She wants to wear it for a few, picture by the pool, having an under 21 friendly drink, stand on our balcony and wave.  I don't want to pack it if she can't wear it.  

Thanks  :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i see it all the time on the ship

REALLY?? Where in the world have you seen anything like that on a ship?

I think it sounds really strange! Of course it is your trip so what you say goes but cannot think why

anyone would do something like that unless it is Halloween or Mardi Gras??

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Sarcastic Mama said:

My daughter has one of the blow up T Rex costume and wants to bring it along.  She's fun and goofy and thinks it would be fun.  Do you think this would be an issue?  She wants to wear it for a few, picture by the pool, having an under 21 friendly drink, stand on our balcony and wave.  I don't want to pack it if she can't wear it.  

Thanks  🙂

I think it sounds awesome!  Can you send your daughter on my cruise next?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

It has been done to death and is just annoying at this point.  Just google the YouTubes for it.  

There is much worse things to be another at than a kid having fun with a costume. Sarcastic Mama your daughter will grow up too fast, enjoy the times when she wants to be silly and innocent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drazil65 said:

Google it and read, there have been issues in the past with security (frightened little kids at the pool, taking pix and passengers thinking a CCL sponsored thing) for many reasons.  Do your research then make your decision.  

most the T-Rex costume i see have a small clear window so you can still see the person face. The only issues i see where the other ones that covered the whole face

3 hours ago, Sarcastic Mama said:

Wow, didn't mean to start an international debate.  LOL!  

yes, i saw that this morning!  JH said to go for it, so there isn't a rule against it.  i say, go, have a good time and get some great dino pix. 

20 hours ago, Sarcastic Mama said:

My daughter has one of the blow up T Rex costume and wants to bring it along.  She's fun and goofy.....She wants to wear it for a few, picture by the pool, having an under 21 friendly drink....

I’m confused on whether your daughter is a child or close to being 21

If the latter is true, this does sound odd

13 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Common sense just isn’t so common anymore. I don’t think it’s funny at all but very obnoxious. A crowded pool area with a kid in a gigantic blow up costume trying to walk around🙄

Word. Trying to figure out how a giant T-Rex costume is funny and/or relevant, especially on a cruise??!!

• Like 1

From reading the FAQs about costumes, the bottom line says that their rules apply to "Costume Events".   Unless there is a costume event on your cruise, I would say no.  A cruise ship with thousands of people on it is not the place for a T-Rex costume.  Think about how it might frighten little kids.

• Like 1

How old is this "little girl"?? The picture is of a baby but in the original post you talk about having "an under 21 friendly drink" so that implies some sort of teenager??

I think it would be ridiculous on a teen but perhaps cute on a child of 5! Still inappropriate at any age unless it is Halloween!

• Like 1

Oh FFS...T-Rex costumes have been done to death and it's not appropriate unless it's a Mardi Gras, Halloween or other special cruise where lots of people will be wearing costumes of some sort.  It's not cute anymore (not that it was ever that cute to begin with) and it's just obnoxious.

Thank you SO MUCH Instagram for another stupid trend. 😕