On Millennium. A few thoughts

Merly

11 hours ago, tomservo said:

I was wondering the same thing. Has anyone tried sitting in those high back chairs? Are they comfortable at all?

The high back rounded "cocoon like" dining chairs are comfortable.  Allure has them in one of their specialty restaurants. 

I actually think those chairs along the side offers a little more privacy for the guests seated there, as that is the  walkway in the restaurant when you first come in.  I think the location Is one of the worst tables in the restaurant.

WHat I cannot get over is how drab and dark the main part of the MDR is.  Those brown chairs against the dark swirly carpet is not inviting to me at all. It really needs to be brightened up.  Wish the chairs were a different color, even a cream would be better than the brown.  Needs some  color. 

17 hours ago, diknjoe said:

Thanks! I was wondering about the noise. Good news!

D&J

Merly:

Thanks for taking time from your vacation. When we booked , the deck 3

deck plan had not been updated to include the new cabins. It is now (without the door and detailed instructions) .The "recon" is sincerely appreciated along with the pic.. We owe you a libation.

Dick and Joe

1 hour ago, diknjoe said:

Merly:

Thanks for taking time from your vacation. When we booked , the deck 3

deck plan had not been updated to include the new cabins. It is now (without the door and detailed instructions) .The "recon" is sincerely appreciated along with the pic.. We owe you a libation.

Dick and Joe

You are welcome .  Enjoy your cruise.

5 hours ago, ecslady said:

The high back rounded "cocoon like" dining chairs are comfortable.  Allure has them in one of their specialty restaurants. 

I actually think those chairs along the side offers a little more privacy for the guests seated there, as that is the  walkway in the restaurant when you first come in.  I think the location Is one of the worst tables in the restaurant.

WHat I cannot get over is how drab and dark the main part of the MDR is.  Those brown chairs against the dark swirly carpet is not inviting to me at all. It really needs to be brightened up.  Wish the chairs were a different color, even a cream would be better than the brown.  Needs some  color. 

colors are so 90's and 00's

Edited by UnorigionalName

We will be sailing on Millennium in Asia in a couple of months. Enjoyed reading all the previous threads and finding out about all the updates but was a little concerned to hear about the AC problems. Hopefully they can fix this as having the room cool is important. Was this problem more prominent in one section or deck of the ship or was this experienced in various cabins throughout the ship?

1 hour ago, sippican said:

I just can't help it, these chairs crack me up every time I see them. Waiting for the Pod People to emerge.

I'd have to pass on this seat...very creeoy.

I am also  interested in A/C updates

1 hour ago, tomservo said:

A few on here have referred to them as Dalek chairs, which is my favorite comparison so far...

I think I may like them, because when the aisles are crowded with servers & people being seated, I won’t feel a cold draft on my neck when people pass me🙂

Does the Rendevous Lounge still have its dance floor?  I’ve seen reports that the dance floor is gone, but the photo looks as though it still exists. Would hate to see it go, since we love dancing there every evening. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, J80crew said:

Does the Rendevous Lounge still have its dance floor?  I’ve seen reports that the dance floor is gone, but the photo looks as though it still exists. Would hate to see it go, since we love dancing there every evening. 

Still there and people dancing regularly 

2A0DE129-5600-4733-8964-370638CE153E.jpeg

Really enjoying your pictures and updates - thanks so much for sharing!!  :classic_smile:

We'll be on the Millennium for the March 2 cruise. There's discussion on the roll call about when the Muster Drill occurs since we board the ship on the Saturday but we don't sail until Sunday evening. Did you have an overnight in port the first night?  If so, can you let us know if your Muster Drill occurred the first night or the night the ship sailed?

I'm trying to understand how the Sunset Bar is an improvement.  I'm missing something.  The revolution sketches showed the area as having larger circular chairs to relax in, and I don't see any of those in the pics.  It doesn't look like there is any more seating than before, but perhaps more space between tables as it was a little crowded before I know.  Just smaller furniture I guess.  I'm not adverse to taking away the canopy - but aren't all those cushions on the chairs going to get soaked in the rain?  I can't imagine its very efficient to have the staff running around and gathering them up all the time with tropical showers in the climates that the ship sails. 

A few other puzzling things....Cellar Masters must surely take the award for ugliest decor on the high seas....why would they not change the carpet and seating in there?  It's truly awful in my opinion and the bar is not one that you really want to sit down and spend any time at either.  I do think the Rendezvous Lounge looks MUCH better, and glad they got rid of the gloomy dark decor.  The shopping area is also curious - that long white curvy couch with those 4 square cheap looking tables scattered around it.  What is that about?  I don't get it.  They left the circular ceiling in place above and then do such strange furnishing underneath it. I wouldn't think you would want to highlight that.  Also, they had said that they were going more high-end with the shops...but one poster from this week's cruise said they had a huge $10 sale again.  Kind of defeats the purpose of the refit I would think.

I am really looking forward to seeing more pics of the new gym and spa area - the couple I have seen look promising. 

Cabins: Bathrooms in the standard cabins look great - and vastly improved.  Not sure about the rest of the cabin yet - like that there is lots of plugs for devices...but they do seem rather bland and lacking in colour or clever design.  Like the round mirror.  Cabins look more spacious I think.  The table lamp and hanging lamp in the standard cabins  seem to be an odd choice...but maybe have to see in person to appreciate.

Main dining room looks good, although I wonder why the carpet has that dark teal pattern over top of it in some pics and then it is not there in other parts of the dining room...what is up with that?  Again, guess you have to see it in person.  The buffet area looks REALLY great - like all the additional seating along the windows a lot.

Edited by Toronto Guy

Big thanks to everyone who have posted pictures and provided commentary on the new design. I’m definitely liking what I see and it has me looking forward to sailing on Summit next year.

One thing I haven’t seen discussed is whether there were any changes to the on-board entertainment to go along with the changes in visual design and decor. For those who sailed her post-Revolutionizing, have you seen any changes in the main stage production shows or regular live entertainers in the various venues? I seem to recall that the cruise lines often use these refurbishings to put in new production shows that require new set pieces or other large props, given the difficulty of moving those thing on and off the ship. Just wondering if this was the case or if you’re still seeing the same (tired?) shows.

I have to say that none of us are big fans of Vegas-style Broadway revues. We’ll watch them if that’s all that is available, and I know M-class doesn’t have the space or crew for a Broadway / West End production like bigger ships can give. But I do hope they have a varied set of shows that have been “freshened up” with the chance offered by such a massive refurb.

• Like 2

Still hoping for updates on Qsine, as I'll be on Summit post-Revolution and currently have reservations. It sounds like it will remain the original Qsine, rather than the Le Petit Chef change-over that was publicized in releases describing the Revolution. I'm really fine with either version, but curious. 

On 2/23/2019 at 1:32 AM, Alushar said:

We haven’t had any a/c problems or heard anyone moan about a/c lots of other mains but not a/c lol 

Glad you didn’t have an issue.  We did and so did others who we spoke with.