who gets on first

Laurab23

8 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

Who would go first select guests or Aqua guests? Just curious as I am both. First cruise being select!

Laura

Hi Laura,

My apologies, I'm not familiar with "select guest"...is that suite guest?

18 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

Who would go first select guests or Aqua guests? Just curious as I am both. First cruise being select!

Laura

Your Aqua status will give you a higher priority on boarding as opposed to your Select status.

Randy

12 minutes ago, treehugr said:

Hi Laura,

My apologies, I'm not familiar with "select guest"...is that suite guest?

Select is a level in Captains Club between Classic and Elite. It has nothing to do with cabin category.

Aqua Class cabin will most probably have shorter lines to board.

Edited by Luvcrusn

Miami or FLL?

We boarded around 11:30 in Miami as CC Select in Aqua Class, and it didn't really matter, the boarding lanes were really close to each other and not crowded at all. We went to board AQ, but I think they sent us to Select because there was no one in the Select Line at that point, and a few people waiting for AQ. FLL may be different.

Our Aqua line was short in FLL, but we derived no benefit because of stopping to look at EVERY SINGLE GLITTERY LANYARD IN THE KIOSK!  

Oops, sorry about yelling. Meant for my wife....

Edited by mayleeman
clarification
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

Our Aqua line was short in FLL, but we derived no benefit because of stopping to look at EVERY SINGLE GLITTERY LANYARD IN THE KIOSK!  

🤣😂🤣 REAL world problems! 🤣😂🤣 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Solution said:

I was in Honolulu last month boarding the Eclipse to Vancouver. The Aqua Cabin line was longer than the SELECT/ELITE/ELITE PLUS line, so we joined the latter.

Depending on the Departure Port, if you get there quite early, priority can be both for the line to get to the service desk to check in and potentially the line or area to wait after checking in until boarding is permitted. For the latter, Aqua definitely has priority.

5 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Depending on the Departure Port, if you get there quite early, priority can be both for the line to get to the service desk to check in and potentially the line or area to wait after checking in until boarding is permitted. For the latter, Aqua definitely has priority.

Other than suites, the new terminal for EDGE  in Ft Lauderdale was a mini free for all in January.  AQ Class was called early but  there was very little organization of the boarding process.  Hope it is better next time,  We are E + but not sure that counts anymore???

Edited by hcat

18 minutes ago, hcat said:

Other than suites, the new terminal for EDGE  in Ft Lauderdale was a mini free for all in January.  AQ Class was called early but  there was very little organization of the boarding process.  Hope it is better next time,  We are E + but not sure that counts anymore???

Been a few years, but when we were departing from Yokohama in 2016, suites, AQ and CC had organized boarding priority.

On our recent sailing the signage for the line for Select, Elite and Aqua was at one station. 

It was far longer than Concierge. We almost left to go to the Concierge line.

There were over 900 Elites on the sailing -- 

On 5/11/2019 at 4:41 PM, NantahalaCruiser said:

Been a few years, but when we were departing from Yokohama in 2016, suites, AQ and CC had organized boarding priority.

It all really depends on the port and ship.  EDGE  terminal no longer had check in lines. Suites and Zenith have their own  place to wait.. in the big open area, when they called AQ class it was a Zoo!

Priority boarding is generally only available in some ports. Even then it can depend upon which category of priority boarding is chosen by the port staff to go first. AS more and more passengers become eligible for priority boarding the pleb queue is often the shortest. Besides we are only talking about 15 minutes at peak time between steerage and first class boarding so I wouldn't worry about it. Select by the way according to the manual have no priority status. This starts at Elite. Concierge and above are supposed to have priority status.

10 hours ago, Von & John said:

Sorry  --  My first thought when I read the title of the thread...

Who's on first?

What's on second?

I Don't Know's on third...

Thanks...I was afraid I was the only who thought of that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are you asking about the check-in line or what checked-in passengers actually board first?  Sometimes they let suite guests board before others.  That was the case with Edge in January.  In practice, in most cases there is an announcement that the ship is ready to board (10:30AM or so but could be later).  Everybody already checked in starts to head for the ship in all categories.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Are you asking about the check-in line or what checked-in passengers actually board first?  Sometimes they let suite guests board before others.  That was the case with Edge in January.  In practice, in most cases there is an announcement that the ship is ready to board (10:30AM or so but could be later).  Everybody already checked in starts to head for the ship in all categories.

Boarding has always been quite orderly by categories in our past cruises..but on EDGE, while they tried that...it was hard to control.  Probably because all groups were seated together rather than by Cap Club level.or Cabin Class. 

No need  to be the first ones on...but not interested in being  trampled.  X needs more staff to help the process.