Would you dislike Infinite Verandas less if they're called Infinite Ocean Views?

fstuff1

Would you dislike Infinite Verandas less if they're called Infinite Ocean Views?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Would you dislike Infinite Verandas less if they're called Infinite Ocean Views?

• Yes
    • No

i dont like the naming of infinite verandas.

when i saw infinite verandas, i thought floor to ceiling ocean views with windows that open.

What do you think if Celebrity named them Infinite Ocean Views instead?

Edited by fstuff1

OP -- Interesting poll. IMHO, it would have been nice if you had included a third option, along the lines of:

'I don't care what they call them -- I refuse to sail in one!' 😏

Edited by wwcruisers
  • Like 9
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

OP -- Interesting poll. IMHO, it would have been nice if you had included a third option, along the lines of:

My vote goes for this option.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Im with Option 4 - I enjoyed the Infinite Veranda and will book it again.

Den

LOL -- Of course, Den -- we need to keep this poll fair and balanced. Looks like you and I are on opposite ends of the teeter-totter, on this one! 😜

• Haha 1

I've sailed several times in those new OV cabins on M class that have the large round windows.  Found them perfectly acceptable for port-intensive cruises.  If the infinite "veranda" cabins were priced as OV, I might be persuaded to give Edge a try.  But I'm not holding my breath and do not plan to throw an excessive amount of money at this new ship with questionable functionality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wwcruisers said:

hm.. why wouldnt you sail in one if celebrity named and promoted it as an oceanview with windows that open?

(and priced between a regular ov and a regular veranda)

Edited by fstuff1

18 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

LOL -- Of course, Den -- we need to keep this poll fair and balanced. Looks like you and I are on opposite ends of the teeter-totter, on this one! 😜

That’s why we have Carnival or MSC all the way to Seaborne type Lines, and each Line has a good mix of different Class ships. Celebrity M-Class, S-Class and E-Class, for me, each have a unique positive that I love to take advantage of and the three meet my current cruising interests, along with going on a few River Cruises. 

We are starting to enjoy adding a number of days in the area of our departure/arrival ports of call to add to the cruising experience. So each of us are looking for different experiences and we are all sooooo lucky to be able to take advantage of many of the various options. 

Den

• Like 1

Why would i not? Because they are on Edge, and are just one of the many dislikable aspect of that ship.  So the name is immaterial to whether or not I would sail in ine.  Although some accuracy in the choice of names would be welcome in general.

• Like 2

I, too, find the wording misleading. They are windowed rooms, with openable windows, which are not, in the common use of the word verandahs.  I remember one wag commenting that “if those are verandas, then my house has 36 verandahs”

wasnt it Humpty Dumpty who said something like “when I use a word it means whatever I want it to mean”.  I guess Humpty runs the marketing department at Celebrity.😲

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I've sailed several times in those new OV cabins on M class that have the large round windows.  Found them perfectly acceptable for port-intensive cruises.  If the infinite "veranda" cabins were priced as OV, I might be persuaded to give Edge a try.  But I'm not holding my breath and do not plan to throw an excessive amount of money at this new ship with questionable functionality.

Good point, Linda! I also understand that some ships have forward-facing OV's with spectacular views. So, nothing against good OV's (as long as they are priced as such).

No. I don't care what they call them. I can't use them in a way that will enhance the cruising experience the way we like to use our room. Call it an IV, an Infinite Ocean View or call it whatever. Lipstick on a pig is still a pig. No thank you very much!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I think Cel should use a more accurate term than infinite veranda; it is not infinite and it is not a veranda. Very misleading.

I was on the Edge in January in an Infinite Verandah. Hated the cabin. One and done for me, never again in an IV!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

hm.. why wouldnt you sail in one if celebrity named and promoted it as an oceanview with windows that open?

Would be interested to see how Celebrity would deal with the Aqua and Concierge Class cabins. They may have backed themselves into a corner given that 63% of the cabins are IVs.

3 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

+1

2 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

That’s a perfect way to describe these cabins.  

• Like 1

And don’t forget that if you open the window, even with the glass doors shut, the A/C goes off.  A very unpleasant feature that was not known about until people started to experience it.  Not to mention the problems with the room darkening shades....and on and on.  

16 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

And don’t forget that if you open the window, even with the glass doors shut, the A/C goes off.  A very unpleasant feature that was not known about until people started to experience it.  Not to mention the problems with the room darkening shades....and on and on.  

Are you sure that is true about the A/C?  Have you sailed in an IV?  What would be your problem with the room darkening shade?

OP, I’m with Denny01 and hcat regarding the IV.  I’m curious how many people with negative comments have actually stayed in an IV.