IS ANYONE afraid to book with Carnival

lmb84

5 minutes ago, lmb84 said:

Just wondering, is anyone hesitant about booking with Carnival with all that's in the news?

Not at all. I have 3 Carnival cruises booked and another one on Princess (under the Carnival Corp. umbrella of cruise lines).  While I was disappointed in the Carnival Corp. environmental violations, I feel that there will be a concerted effort to make positive changes.  Maybe I'm just an optimist.      

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

Uhhhhhh can you be more specific??

Well they could be blocked from U.S. PORTS...for violating terms of their probation for dumping in the ocean.

1 minute ago, lmb84 said:

Well they could be blocked from U.S. PORTS...for violating terms of their probation for dumping in the ocean.

That has been settled. There will be no port blockages, that was all bluster and never was actually ever going to happen. I have three booked. Don't let it be a worry for you. Enjoy!

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, lmb84 said:

Just wondering, is anyone hesitant about booking with Carnival with all that's in the news?

I have a couple cruises booked- I have to admit I was a little worried when I saw they could be blocked from ports.  Then I started thinking about that and realized how low the odds of that happening actually are.  Still, I am relieved that they came to a settlement.  Of course, I would prefer Carnival/Princess/every cruise line follow environmental regulations and stop breaking rules.  But I'm also glad no cruises will be blocked.

40 minutes ago, lmb84 said:

Negative.  I'm also not afraid of tap water, frogs, or the color mauve although I don't trust it.

• Like 8
  • Haha 14

44 minutes ago, lmb84 said:

Not at all.  We have a 14-day partial Panama Canal Journey's cruise for 2020.  Looking at B2B2B on Breeze for 2021.

16 minutes ago, elcuchio24 said:

That has been settled. There will be no port blockages, that was all bluster and never was actually ever going to happen. I have three booked. Don't let it be a worry for you. Enjoy!

Thank you for that...I feel better...They were saying if you didn't buy insurance, than you should...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lmb84 said:

Thank you for that...I feel better...They were saying if you didn't buy insurance, than you should...

You still should buy insurance. Not for a judge blocking Carnival lines, but mostly for medical emergencies.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Don Kehote said:

Negative.  I'm also not afraid of tap water, frogs, or the color mauve although I don't trust it.

I agree — mauve is a very shady color.  Is it pink?  Is it purple?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Nothing to be afraid of — Carnival big wigs knew what was at stake; there is no way they would have risked not sailing from US ports.

3 minutes ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

I agree — mauve is a very shady color.  Is it pink?  Is it purple?  Inquiring minds want to know!

It's actually a combination of pink and grey.  But don't tell it I told you so.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, lmb84 said:

Yes I agree with the post below. Still not a bad idea to buy insurance, but not because of a port stoppage. Thats just alot of bluster, but, life does happen so insurance is never a bad idea :-). Dont worry, and enjoy your cruise, and the lead up to it!

1 hour ago, lmb84 said:

Did you read the cruise contract? Carnival can change ports at its discretion. So don't book if you are this worried.