Table for Two Available on Carnival Ships?

dongordon

It has been over 15 years since I have been on a Carnival ship.

We will be celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary on the Sunshine in 2021.

We would like to have our own table for two on the cruise for lunch and dinner.  Are they readily available?

Having been an exclusive NCL cruiser over the last several years, we always have that table for two with their

"Freestyle Dining Policy."  Wondering if the same holds true for Carnival.

Am I better off signing up for a "late seating" or the "Open Seating" to get that "table for two?" :classic_smile: 

Don  

Of 4 different cruises with Carnival, we always have YTD and have always has a table for 2.  Sometimes for breakfast/brunch at the Hostess Desk, it’s suggested a group table may be quicker to be seated, but we always decline and are seated right away or wait for less than 2 min.

When we cruise alone, my husband and I always chose a table for 2, Your Time Dining. The tables are close enough that you can easily chat with people next to you, if you choose to, or just enjoy the company of your spouse.

Congratulations on your milestone anniversary!

1 minute ago, n6uqqq said:

table for two is often about 10 inches from another table for two so you really aren't in a private situation.

Yea, we often ran into that issue when using the hub app to book our reservation. But I have heard on these boards you can request specific table numbers or areas if you go in person, for instance ocean view. I am going to try that when we go in September. Of course if they all are already occupied, we'll take what we can get. But just throwing that out there.

If you want total privacy I would go "Anytime Dining" and ask for a small booth (they're actually for four people).  Tell the people who are checking you in that this is your 50th Anniversary cruise.

Edited by Cushing985

20 hours ago, Cruiseman38 said:

Just to let you know, Carnival no longer offer lunch in the MDR.  Only the Seaday brunch on sea days and dinner.

Except when they do.  On our Journey Cruise last summer we were able to do lunch in a MDR as not every sea day had a sea day brunch.  (And we easily got a table for two.)

Edited by naxer
Clarity
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, blake1138 said:

To get an oceanview table do you just ask and wait?

That depends.  Some MDRs only put large tables by the windows so unless you have a large party or are joining a shared table, you won't be seated there.

On 7/12/2019 at 3:50 PM, Cushing985 said:

If you want total privacy I would go "Anytime Dining" and ask for a small booth (they're actually for four people).  Tell the people who are checking you in that this is your 50th Anniversary cruise.

We cruise each year for our anniversary and we let them know what night it was.
They always give us a small heartshaped cake to share (very small, but still very rich) with happy anniversary and a candle.
Then sing to us and make us kiss.
We have always enjoyed it.
Of course, we have only had 11 years, so it might be extra special for 50!

Happy Anniversary and Congratulations!

IMG_5694.JPG

I have a question:Is there a way to change your dining time?

When I booked our cruise (Miracle Nov 2019) I only had the option of early or late dining. I would really prefer YTD, as DH would much prefer a table for 2 over sharing a table.

TIA 

On 7/12/2019 at 11:01 AM, dongordon said:

It has been over 15 years since I have been on a Carnival ship.

We will be celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary on the Sunshine in 2021.

We would like to have our own table for two on the cruise for lunch and dinner.  Are they readily available?

Having been an exclusive NCL cruiser over the last several years, we always have that table for two with their

"Freestyle Dining Policy."  Wondering if the same holds true for Carnival.

Am I better off signing up for a "late seating" or the "Open Seating" to get that "table for two?" :classic_smile: 

Don  

Congratulations on 50 years!  The hubs and I will be celebrating our 40th on our upcoming Breeze cruise.

On 7/12/2019 at 4:50 PM, Cushing985 said:

Thank you for the advice, had not considered a booth, will check the layout when we board.