No Wonderland coming to Allure & Oasis?

1 minute ago, Big blue and hairy said:

Is it not popular on Harmony and Symphony?

On Symphony is was full most nights on our 14 night TA.  We were up there in the Wonderland bar most nights and looking down it was full.  It would be a gift from the gods if the DL was left unchanged on Allure.  But I fear it will be Wonderland or 35 more cabins. 

The support areas on Oasis and Allure where the original Concierge Lounge was located (now Diamond lounge) was built without a full kitchen/prep area, but more a service kitchen to store prepared foods brought up from the main galley below.  I believe in the first round of drydocks for these vessels it was determined that it would be logistically and financially a nightmare to install full kitchens to support a "full" dining venue, nor would it be practical to carve out a portion of the main galley multiple decks below and transport foods via a service elevator up/down to Wonderland.  Coastal Kitchen does not have this issue as there is a full galley directly below in the Windjammer that was modified to have the finishing kitchen for Coastal kitchen and food /service items are just transported up/down a dumbwaiter/stairs, which is no different than the MDR on many cruise ships.

Both Oasis and Allure will be getting new cabins on decks 11&12 replacing the Diamond Club and Library.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Thanks 1

It's a one and done restaurant in our book. There isn't any other specialty restaurant that I haven't done multiple times on Oasis Class ships. That said, it's disappointing they're just putting cabins there.

• Like 2

Cabins right above the Music Hall.  Hmmm.

Agree that Wonderland is a one and done.  For specialty dining to work well there has to be a compelling reason to return as a repeat customer.  For me Wonderland doesn't have that.  

Everyone has different tastes and food is very subjective. Wonderland is one of the most special experiences. We go to Wonderland every chance we get.WE think Jamie's is the lowest when we rate the Specialty Restaurants (SRs.) 

Why do you think Wonderland is a one time shot?

When we read the menu, we thought we would never go there for the first time. However, we tried it and again, it is our favorite of all the SRs. 

8 hours ago, Oxo said:

Everyone has different tastes and food is very subjective. Wonderland is one of the most special experiences. We go to Wonderland every chance we get.WE think Jamie's is the lowest when we rate the Specialty Restaurants (SRs.) 

When we read the menu, we thought we would never go there for the first time. However, we tried it and again, it is our favorite of all the SRs. 

Taste is subjective and we found the entire experience a waste of time

On 7/19/2019 at 6:12 PM, Judyrem said:

The last few  days on HOTS July 7,  they were selling Wonderland dinners on the Promenade.

On HOTS July 14, they had the guy dressed up in the Wonderland suit pushing hard at Windjammer practically the entire cruise. Only saw one person talking to him the entire time though, kinda felt bad for the guy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Oxo said:

We were very excited about the Wonderland concept on Harmony...until we saw the menu.  Too weird and not at all suited to our tastes, not to mention very unfriendly to kids.  If they revamp the menu to have more options and be more accessible to families, they probably would make much more money and have better overall ratings from people who do go there.  It really seems like the kind of place people either 100% love or 100% hate...which isn't good for business.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Oxo said:

Please take the time to explain your waste of time. Thank you!

I didn't like it, either. We sat down and they brought us the menus and paintbrushes, then the server came and whisked them away: 'you don't need those I will order for you'...the garden course with the dirt ...so a bit contrived. I thought the food looked interesting but I didn't like eating it. I liked one of the mains they served. We reserved using the 2 day dining offer but I agreed it was one and done.

Been on the Anthem 4 times and the Symphony.  Wonderland was the only specialty restaurant on both ships that was constantly sending their representatives all over the public areas trying to persuade passengers to book a dinner there.  That alone is a warning sign.  Plus, I've looked at the menu, it doesn't intrigue me whatsoever......even if they offered it to me for free.  JMO.

12 hours ago, Oxo said:

Why does he need to explain?

Many, just like restuarants with good food & service.

Not play fantasyland,  w/ paint brushes, food over the top artsy presentations, & servers with clown-suits.

I totally understand why it's a waste of time.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

Not play fantasyland,  w/ paint brushes, food over the top artsy presentations, & servers with clown-suits.

I guess he doesn't since you took the time to answer for him. LOL

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Oxo said:

Sure. Waiter was useless. We mentioned a few things we'd like, asked about a few we didn't understand.  He wanted to surprise us, so no answers.  He the asked about allergies and things we did not like. I specifically mentioned avocados.  We got avocado ice cream cone thingy. 

Wife did not want liquid lobster,  she got it. 

I cant recall what it was she did want, but she didnt get it. 

The entrees were awful. We finally demanded the fish in a bag, and got it. It was ok. Laura finally left before dessert. Dessert was nice

Like I said, a waste of time. 

5 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Thanks Matt, you get it.

9 hours ago, jerseyjjs said:

Been on the Anthem 4 times and the Symphony.  Wonderland was the only specialty restaurant on both ships that was constantly sending their representatives all over the public areas trying to persuade passengers to book a dinner there.  That alone is a warning sign.  Plus, I've looked at the menu, it doesn't intrigue me whatsoever......even if they offered it to me for free.  JMO.

Do you remember, did they offer it at a discounted price than what is in the Cruise Planner?

I loved Wonderland on Anthem, not so much on Harmony.

I am not sure why...if it was location and company? On Anthem, we were a group of 6 (and it was our first experience). On Harmony it was me and my husband. I am an adventurous eater, he is not. I liked all the food we got on Harmony, the changes they made to his were awful (like the cone without crab?? Why would DH want to eat a cone with wasabi only???)

I would say, this restaurant is great in a group setting or if you and your dining partner like the same things. I thought the food on both ships was awesome. Husband does not agree. I hated the location on Harmony. We dined a bit early and the sun blazing in through the windows was awful. Maybe it would have been better at/after sunset. Not sure we would reserve there again without a group or without new people to dine with in the mix.

On the other hand, we LOVE Jamies. Might be our fave specialy. So, to each their own.

On 7/19/2019 at 4:02 PM, taglovestocruise said:

On Symphony is was full most nights on our 14 night TA.  We were up there in the Wonderland bar most nights and looking down it was full.  It would be a gift from the gods if the DL was left unchanged on Allure.  But I fear it will be Wonderland or 35 more cabins. 

I was bummed thinking about that also....my cabin is just around the corner from DL that is (was?) on deck 11.  Very convenient for morning coffee.  Hoping they leave it in place...but does not look like that on deck plans when I pull it up for that time frame for 11/1 TA.  😞