Coco Cay Survey

Did anyone receive a survey pertaining to an over night stay at Cocoa Cay?  Oddly I haven't receive any promotional emails from  Royal Caribbean since I booked my June 2019 cruise back in 2018 and I never received any promotions for my booked cruise other than 3 Royal up offers. Last week I received a survey for Cocoa Cay.  They listed some private cruise line islands and asked if I had heard of them and or visited them. They asked questions  pertaining to my thoughts about my visit and if I would book a cruise just to visit the private islands. They presented two identical itineraries with different names which were both from Miami and an over night stay at Cocoa Cay. I guess most wouldn't have picked up on the fact that it was the same itinerary because in the end they disclosed that information.  Being a cruiser I immediately noticed it. It appears that they are looking for a catchy name to call the  over night itinerary because they asked for a suggestion. I would never book this itinerary. First of all I'm not about to fly to Miami for a 3 day cruise and second of all I have no interest in Cocoa Cay as the only port of call. I'm also not the age demographic of their target audience and my answers confirmed that. If I lived in South Florida and was still raising children I would consider it as a weekend getaway. At this point if I sailed the entire world and that was the only place that I hadn't been I still wouldn't go. 

• Clarea changed the title to Coco Cay Survey

I received a survey that mentioned Cococaye but I think the premise of the survey was to find a name for cruises that stopped there and the Bahamas. All the itineraries in the survey included a stop in Nassau.

I received a similar survey; however, mine was not for an overnight stay, but instead a stay later into the evening. One of the names was "Perfect Day and Perfect Night," and the other was something like Junkanoo Jam or something. Same as yours - the itineraries were identical just with different names.

Brent

Our survey included two stops, overnight, staying late etc..

They also asked about 4 different cruises, but like OP said, it was the same itinerary. 

FWIW, we just got back from CC and absolutely loved it. Didn't step foot in the ocean or even the beach. 🤣

20 minutes ago, BTHodgeman said:

I received a similar survey; however, mine was not for an overnight stay, but instead a stay later into the evening. One of the names was "Perfect Day and Perfect Night," and the other was something like Junkanoo Jam or something. Same as yours - the itineraries were identical just with different names.

Brent

Perfect day and Perfect night was what they used in my survey along with some ridiculous name that I can't even remember. It was for an overnight one port itinerary  I couldn't even select zero as the possibly of me booking. I had to choose at least 1 

On 7/23/2019 at 8:17 AM, BTHodgeman said:

Brent

We also received something very similar with an overnight stay.  My response was very similar to iamcruzin, not interested in flying to Miami for a 3 night junket to the Bahamas with a stopover in Coco Cay for a night.  I am also not their target market.  I had no suggestions for a name..... Hope it fits someone's interest, just not mine.  

27 minutes ago, tomservo said:

NCL is supposedly introducing 1 and 2 bedroom villas on Great Stirrup Cay with overnight stays (not sure how many nights), maybe RCCL is gauging interest to offer the same. 

If Royal is charging $1,900 for a cabana (according to a different thread) for a few hours on Cocoa Cay, I can't imagine what it would cost to stay in a Villa over night.

7 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

If Royal is charging $1,900 for a cabana (according to a different thread) for a few hours on Cocoa Cay, I can't imagine what it would cost to stay in a Villa over night.

Maybe $5000 per person per night?

9 hours ago, tomservo said:

NCL is supposedly introducing 1 and 2 bedroom villas on Great Stirrup Cay with overnight stays (not sure how many nights), maybe RCCL is gauging interest to offer the same. 

If people want to stay in a villa on land then why not just book that type of vacation? What is the point of paying to be on a cruise ship and then staying on land.🤔

I guess, my guess would be 

Cast-away--at Coco Cay....

But only if they have soccer balls, and Tom Hanks ...Hey!!!!!! he can replace dreamworks.

And UPS surprise gifts.

🙂

Edited by Lionesss

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

If people want to stay in a villa on land then why not just book that type of vacation? What is the point of paying to be on a cruise ship and then staying on land.🤔

Makes me wonder as well.

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Agree, but I'll bet people will pay big bucks to do it.

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I guess it's kinda like going to a specialty restaurant!

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:58 AM, Iamcruzin said:

Did anyone receive a survey pertaining to an over night stay at Cocoa Cay?  Oddly I haven't receive any promotional emails from  Royal Caribbean since I booked my June 2019 cruise back in 2018 and I never received any promotions for my booked cruise other than 3 Royal up offers. Last week I received a survey for Cocoa Cay.  They listed some private cruise line islands and asked if I had heard of them and or visited them. They asked questions  pertaining to my thoughts about my visit and if I would book a cruise just to visit the private islands. They presented two identical itineraries with different names which were both from Miami and an over night stay at Cocoa Cay. I guess most wouldn't have picked up on the fact that it was the same itinerary because in the end they disclosed that information.  Being a cruiser I immediately noticed it. It appears that they are looking for a catchy name to call the  over night itinerary because they asked for a suggestion. I would never book this itinerary. First of all I'm not about to fly to Miami for a 3 day cruise and second of all I have no interest in Cocoa Cay as the only port of call. I'm also not the age demographic of their target audience and my answers confirmed that. If I lived in South Florida and was still raising children I would consider it as a weekend getaway. At this point if I sailed the entire world and that was the only place that I hadn't been I still wouldn't go. 

I did get this survey. I mentioned that if I lived in Miami I would take this cruise but would never fly just for that. However, I am flying in December for a 4 night indy cruise but only because the price was so cheap.