Deluxe beverage package $59/day

I've been checking the prices for my upcoming cruise to wait for the price drop.  For the past few years, I have never seen the price higher than $54 per day, and the lowest was ~$42 per day.  

Today, it's $59.  Is this going to be the new base price?

I'm sure depending on when your sailing date it will go down some. We are on Harmony in October and over the year it started out at $59 dropped to $52 then went down to $49 (which we bought) then a few months  ago went to $46 for a couple of days (we cancelled and re booked) and now it has alternated between $49-$52. I will speculate that some of the slow movement is due to the $18 internet snafu and they need to make up some of their loss. Keep tracking it and as you know you can always book, cancel and re book.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Swank Pad G said:

I'm sure depending on when your sailing date it will go down some. We are on Harmony in October and over the year it started out at $59 dropped to $52 then went down to $49 (which we bought) then a few months  ago went to $46 for a couple of days (we cancelled and re booked) and now it has alternated between $49-$52. I will speculate that some of the slow movement is due to the $18 internet snafu and they need to make up some of their loss. Keep tracking it and as you know you can always book, cancel and re book.

IMO, it has nothing to do with GlitchGate.  They are always testing and probing to determine what the market will bear.

If they could sell enough drink packages at $65, they would make that the price.  If they don't sell enough, they lower the price.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

IMO, it has nothing to do with GlitchGate.  They are always testing and probing to determine what the market will bear.

If they could sell enough drink packages at $65, they would make that the price.  If they don't sell enough, they lower the price.

That's what my sailing's price showed today. I about fell in the floor when I saw $65/day.  :classic_ohmy: At that rate, I won't be drinking any alcohol if it doesn't go down.  Yes, I know I can buy by the drink but I am just absolutely floored to see $65/night.  This is one consumer who will not be contributing to their experiment as to whether the market will bear that price.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Agree with that. Ours fluctuated between $48-$52 the whole time I watched it before buying it with the BOGO sale (I said I wasn't gonna and then...I caved.) Base price with the sale was $51/day, so about median for what I had been seeing on the planner.

1 hour ago, flamingos said:

I've been checking the prices for my upcoming cruise to wait for the price drop.  For the past few years, I have never seen the price higher than $54 per day, and the lowest was ~$42 per day.  

Today, it's $59.  Is this going to be the new base price?

We are on Allure 7 night OCT. 2020 cruise, todays price is $60 + 16.36% gratuity.   $980.00 for two on a port intensive Med cruise is over the top. 7 nights in the DL will save a bundle. 

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

We are on Allure 7 night OCT. 2020 cruise, todays price is $60 + 16.36% gratuity.   $980.00 for two on a port intensive Med cruise is over the top. 7 nights in the DL will save a bundle. 

Image result for scooby doo HUH meme

I won't pay anything more than $49 a day. After that I compare prices for similar itineraries with cruise lines that offer the drink package included in the price of the cruise. By that time it's still before final payment and sometimes the price including the package is less expensive than Royal and paying $49. This is the reason that I will never book NRD.

• Like 1

Us too..just signed into cruise planner and noticed a big jump...from $62 CAD to $73 CAD on one of our sailings and up to $86 on our others.  Pretty crazy.  I personally think they are trying to make up for the $18 glitch but I'm sure they'll have less buying at those prices.

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Image result for scooby doo HUH meme

YEP, you are always correcting me and you are always wrong. Wrong about gratuities, wrong about specialty dining packages, wrong about what I can get in the DL.  Wrong about using the DL vouchers in specialty dining after the cut off time. Wrong about ordering a second entrée in specialty dining. Par for the course you will be wrong next time. This is for Oct 25 2020 Allure. Happy cruising. 

• A 16.36% gratuity charge will be added to each package price listed above.
  • Please note: Orders cannot be modified once they're added to your shopping cart. To change an order, you'll need to first cancel the order, and then make your purchase(s) agai
  • Like 2

Age 70
  • Reservation xx9142

• Age 64
  • Reservation xx9142
  • Please note: Orders cannot be modified once they're added to your shopping cart. To change an order, you'll need to first cancel the order, and then make your purchase(s) again....... FROM ROYAL A 16.36% GRATUITY.......

6 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

YEP, you are always correcting me and you are always wrong. Wrong about gratuities, wrong about specialty dining packages, wrong about what I can get in the DL.  Wrong about using the DL vouchers in specialty dining after the cut off time. Wrong about ordering a second entrée in specialty dining. Par for the course you will be wrong next time. This is for Oct 25 2020 Allure. Happy cruising. 

• Please note: Orders cannot be modified once they're added to your shopping cart. To change an order, you'll need to first cancel the order, and then make your purchase(s) agai

I didn't see anyone "correcting" you.

I had a similar "huh?" reaction when I saw 16.36% gratuity in your post... as far as I knew, gratuity charges were 18%.

Can you enlighten us on how you save 1.64% on yours?