New Coffee Card/Package Available

Lady Arwen

We're booked on Enchanted Princess and while perusing Onboard Reservations, I see that a new coffee card is available.  I know that the "old" coffee cards expire on August 31st.  The new one is also good for 15 hot/cold coffee drinks and tea with unlimited brewed coffee.  However, it is not transferable to another voyage should you not use up all 15 drinks.  The card is cancelled on embarkation day.  I will definitely be buying this package, as I can go through 15 coffees very quickly.  The price (Canadian dollars) is under $50.00, which is a good deal.  I would imagine that it is going to be available fleet wide, or at least, on Sky Princess.

It has been available for a while. The main problem is that there is no way to know your balance without asking. I have recommended that a count be kept on the ledger. If you are Elite you can exchange the bar setup for 2 coffee packages. I will have to use 30 in 15 days.

1 hour ago, mistyPA said:

May I ask why you will no longer purchase?

Because if you do not or  normally cant drink 15 cups then it is not worth it.  On Oct 31 any old cads expire meaning Princess did not live up to what they told the buyers.  Another switch by Princess that irates their long term customers.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Because if you do not or  normally cant drink 15 cups then it is not worth it.  On Oct 31 any old cads expire meaning Princess did not live up to what they told the buyers.  Another switch by Princess that irates their long term customers.

then you're really going to be P.O'd to find out they expire tomorrow

or did that change ??

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, voljeep said:

or did that change ??

I hope the poster is right.  We’re sailing on September 9, and I’m bringing our 5 unused cards just in case they extended the expiration date. 

3 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Oops! Not "new". It's been available for quite a while. There were many discussions about it when it first happened.

Most posters were NOT happy...I'm one of them.

Sorry, my bad!  We've been away from Princess for two years now, sailing mostly with Celebrity.  I was disappointed that the "old" coffee card system was eliminated, but I'm okay with the new one.  Our cruise is 14 nights, so using 15 drinks in that time is a no brainer.  I like that I can still get fresh brewed coffee for free with this card.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, voljeep said:

or did that change ??

Sorry go the date wrong. Will not PO me as I have not purchased one since they announced the change. On my last cruise I bought coffee and other drinks for several people. Would not allow Princess to steal my money this way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, FritzG said:

I hope the poster is right.  We’re sailing on September 9, and I’m bringing our 5 unused cards just in case they extended the expiration date. 

1 hour ago, Potstech said:

To my knowledge, the cut off date for the expired cards is August 31st.

Not getting the angst over expiring cards.  I guess some just look for reasons to get upset.

The card gives you unlimited brewed coffee, not the syrup slop they serve for free.  If you drink a lot of coffee it is a good deal.  There is also no restriction on buying others drinks.  I often get my wife hot chocolate.  If I have a few unused drinks left at the end of a cruise, so what?

We're taking a few dollars out of a trip that cost thousands.  Life is too short to worry about the small stuff.   I could not even tell you where my old cards are.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

I was disappointed that the "old" coffee card system was eliminated, but I'm okay with the new one.

Just to be clear, the New Grounds Coffee Package is electronically attached to our accounts & isn’t an actual card.  As posted the only way to see the number of remaining specialty coffee drinks is to ask the barista...I don’t keep a tally of my usage. ☺️

6 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Just to be clear, the New Grounds Coffee Package is electronically attached to our accounts & isn’t an actual card.  As posted the only way to see the number of remaining specialty coffee drinks is to ask the barista...I don’t keep a tally of my usage. ☺️

Yes, I understand that it isn't an actual card.  I personally don't mind asking about the number of coffees I've used or not.  I know that one coffee package will not be enough for our 14 night cruise, so I'll probably purchase another one onboard.  For me, this package is a very good deal.

2 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Yes, I understand that it isn't an actual card.  I personally don't mind asking about the number of coffees I've used or not.  I know that one coffee package will not be enough for our 14 night cruise, so I'll probably purchase another one onboard.  For me, this package is a very good deal.

You have a 14 night cruise & last Spring we had B2B 7-day cruises.  Before purchasing the coffee package we confirmed it would be valid on both cruises with different booking numbers.  The barista recommended to check at the PSD near the end of the first cruise to ensure there would be no problems with it being usable on the second cruise...no problems.

11 hours ago, mistyPA said:

May I ask why you will no longer purchase?

I wouldn’t purchase it for a cruise less then 15 days, I just like one speciality coffee per day while on a cruise.  I just drink regular coffee day to day, so having one speciality coffee per day is a treat. 

a positive from me for the new system.....no more card to carry around or lose.

Easy to ask your for your count. Triple espresso is only one punch used to be 2.

Unfortunate when we have had the drink package, that the mini bar can no longer be switched for 'cards", but a bottle of wine or giving away the mini bar works.  DH is the coffee drinker not me...but we still have  used up 2 cards on a 7 day cruise...because of drinking specialty coffee minus the added coffee or tea...and treating someone in line to a drink.

Edited by land lover

I always bought the card and I don't like specialty coffees.  i just like the fresh brewed coffee.  It seemed kind of high, but the fact that I could use it on one cruise and then use it for 15 cups on the second one made it worthwhile.  I will just buy a coffee at the IC now instead.

12 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Oops! Not "new". It's been available for quite a while. There were many discussions about it when it first happened.

Most posters were NOT happy...I'm one of them.

Add me to that list. Not Happy.😡

Tony

• Like 1

It seems like the coffee package is a good deal if you like double or triple shots in your drinks. Otherwise it would be around $5.00? My husband and I will share a card. We love going to the IC for breakfast and coffee.