Caribbean Princess coffee

knotheadken

If you think the regular coffee is bad, you should try the decaf. 🤮   I bring Starbucks Via instant decaf, which is a poor substitute for ground but at least it's drinkable.

12 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

You don't have to tip big to get your AM delivery at the exact time. Our orders are usually early (if anything) and very rarely late by more than 10 minutes.

But my coffee deliveries are within 2-3 minutes of the time I asked! And when I say "big tip", we're talking a couple of bucks. I mean it's just coffee! But the guys and gals who deliver our morning coffee are among my favorite people on the cruise ship! They certainly deserve a small token of appreciation.....perhaps mine is a bit larger than many, but to us it's worth it.😎

Doug

On 9/26/2019 at 7:24 AM, Potstech said:

...... Bern drinking swill all my life so why change now.

Heh heh, not sure if I'm glad or sad for you.....well, for us! Nearly thirty years in the Navy I'd had some very interesting coffee.....I guess I'd call it swill. And I tolerated it okay. Drank it for the caffeine  more than the flavor. But I prefer what I consider a "decent" cup of coffee now. In nearly 40 cruises I've only had maybe 12 cups of coffee I could not finish due to its taste. We are not much of specialty coffee drinkers, but then not much of alcohol drinkers either. We have the "beverage package" on our next cruises so we plan on drinking a couple of cups of their fancy coffee each day. That way we can keep the cost of the package reasonable enough for our budget.😉

Doug

For coffee connoisseurs, I would recommend the coffee card, or taking your own instant coffee. Everyone’s taste is different, but for me personally, buffet and room service coffee is just about drinkable and doesn’t vary much on any of the Princess ships.

11 hours ago, skynight said:

Room service coffee is served in a carafe. It is prepared from a liquid concentrate. If you are after a caffeine boost then it does the trick. If you want a "good" cup then you will be disappointed. There is no charge for room service, but you can tip the delivery person, many people do. I don't think tipping will do anything for your exact timing. There is a card in your cabin to fill out and you hang it on the door the evening before, or you can just call room service. You may be able to also place your order on your phone or device using the medallion app. Don't know, never tried this.

I'm not sure if specialty coffees are available through room service, but if they are there will be a charge. Above you refer that you have the specialty coffee option. Do you mean that you have the booked with the Premier Beverage Package which includes specialty coffees, or the Premier Coffee and Soda Package which also includes specialty coffees? If this is what you are referring to then take note in the terms & conditions that room service is excluded from these packages.

There is a wide variety of specialty lattes etc. available. See attachment. The International Cafe is the primary location for specialty coffees. Coffee & Cones is just an secondary location by the pool if you want a specialty coffee during your time around the pool. They may not have a full selection like the International Cafe does. You can also obtain coffees with alcoholic additions at the International Cafe. While you are there pick up some doughnuts, Danish 9or other items. No charge for food at the International Cafe. If you send one person down to the International Cafe they have to have both medallions in hand to identify that each person is eligible for coffee as they have the package.

Is it good coffee. It taste good to me. It isn't the strong burnt taste that you get at Starbucks, if that is what you are after.

International Café Coffee Prices March 2019.doc 28 kB · 0 downloads

Thanks, we do know all that, but thanks for posting for those who do not. Cabin service for coffee is something we use on every cruise, and no, we don't expect excellent coffee. But we've never had any we could not drink either. As they say, YMMV. As to tipping, I always tip, and comparatively generously, for our morning coffee delivery. In about 40 cruises it's always been within 15-20 minutes of the time we've marked on that overnight form. I have noted that when I started tipping at a higher rate the delivery time became markedly closer to the time I'd indicated on the form. The form indicates a time span of 30 minutes usually. I cross that out and write the time I'd like the coffee delivered, for example not 0630-0700, but 0630. I think asking for delivery at their first time like that gives me a better chance of getting it "on time" anyway. It's rarely over 5 minutes late which I think it excellent.

You're correct, cabin delivery of alcoholic drinks and specialty coffee is not included in their Premium Beverage package.

Doug

On 9/26/2019 at 8:51 AM, MotownVoice said:

Obviously, you know what my position is going to be.

Utter garbage.  You're making it up.

And how do you know that. Calling me a liar with no proof at all only shows one thing. And it is not about me.  My posting is fact, yours is pure idiocy.

9 minutes ago, Potstech said:

And how do you know that. Calling me a liar with no proof at all only shows one thing. And it is not about me.  My posting is fact, yours is pure idiocy.

Do you often reply like that to old posts?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Now this is what a CC thread use to be! coffee good / coffee bad. how do you save a lounger at the pool, don't share a drink, what's for dinner on the 3rd night in MDR. It's just like the good ol days. Yeah the coffee in the international cafe is better , it has to be you pay for it. but darn it that Horizon court coffee hits the spot sometimes when you walk through there, your cold - it's OK, when you need a little pick me up at 1030pm its OK  or when It's just too far to walk to mid ship, it's OK . Sometimes 'just OK' is OK.

I thought that was a refueling barge, but your right, i don't see anyone standing holding the nozzel and looking at the pump! 

7 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

I have no idea what will happen after the ships start to sail, but here is photo of the Horizon Court coffee being pumped aboard. 🙃

AFM Bunkering_010.JPG

And probably the sludge from the bottom of the tank mixed with a bit of sea water.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

On 9/20/2019 at 8:59 PM, jasbo49 said:

Which, let's face it, means you're not picky about your coffee.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't. I often find that one of the best things about the end of a cruise, besides getting our dog back, is having truly good coffee again.

Jim

I'm not picky about coffee. I drink Maxwell House or Cuckfull of Nuts drip coffee at home. 7-eleven or Dunkin Donuts is better than that high end pretentious coffee at Starbucks. With that said the coffee on CB tastes like it's pumped in through the Alaska pipeline.  The last time I was on CB was 2013 and I opened this thread hoping to see that the coffee has changed. I would purchase a coffee card if the good coffee was available in the buffet. Having only one place on the ship to use the coffee card is just inconvenient. 

17 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

We've gotten coffee/tea at some of the bars (probably available at all of them) using our coffee cards.

On some ships some bars have specialty coffee drinks. I don't remember seeing brewed coffee at bars but they may have it for their coffee cocktails. On Royal Class ships the free coffee is prepared from grounds and is way better than the free coffee on Grand Class ships that is prepared from the liquid concentrate.

On 3/27/2021 at 8:52 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

We've gotten coffee/tea at some of the bars (probably available at all of them) using our coffee cards.

that's Right. your post helped me remember. This should be on one of those 'princess secrets' posts. But, my secret was that I would stop by the Bar at the back of the buffet on the way to breakfast and get an expresso each morning. I would make the trek to the international cafe each morning and bring coffee with me until the bar tender told me he could make me " a better cup " and save me a trip. That was nice! looking forward to the day I can get that cup of Joe again. 

12 minutes ago, charlie murphy said:

that's Right. your post helped me remember. This should be on one of those 'princess secrets' posts. But, my secret was that I would stop by the Bar at the back of the buffet on the way to breakfast and get an expresso each morning. I would make the trek to the international cafe each morning and bring coffee with me until the bar tender told me he could make me " a better cup " and save me a trip. That was nice! looking forward to the day I can get that cup of Joe again. 

Our last cruise before the Covid mess was a B2B Panama Canal. After just a couple of days when I walked up to the bar on the way to the MDR, the bartender would automatically offer me my preferred flavor of tea. Love that kind of service.