Luggage photo

CruiseVA

Was there any space in the cabin for the two of you, or did you have to book two cabins?

We travel with one 30" suitcase each and one day pack carry on each. We are gone for as much a 40+ days at a time. If it doesn't fit it doesn't go. Mix & Match that's the key.

• Like 2

We did 28 days with one folding garment bag and two bags we were able to carry on the plane. We had plenty of clothes and "stuff". We leave soon for two cruises. One goes to Alta, Norway and the second one is a TA from Barcelona, Spain. Different climates to deal with. We "may" take another bag but maybe not.

Edited by Thrak

3 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

That beats the lady I saw debarking in San Pedro at the end of the WC with 10 matching suitcases.

But that was a world cruise. The pic from the OP is for a 13 day cruise! Hopefully they are in a full suite or there won't be room for the stuff they are taking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

But that was a world cruise. The pic from the OP is for a 13 day cruise! Hopefully they are in a full suite or there won't be room for the stuff they are taking.

Yes, a WC, but still a lot of suitcases when you factor in the free laundry.

There won't be room for the suitcases, never mind the stuff that's in them.

I told DH, if that's for a family of 10 in 4 cabins, it's still a lot of stuff.

9 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

I snapped this pic of my wife as we were taking our luggage to our cabin for our 13 day cruise.

71291928_10221408152819911_5567478784824705024_n.jpg

Oh my...I took half (or less) on my 6 month long world cruise!!! And I had too much. 

Where will she ever put it all? And imagine how much time will  be wasted just to unpack and repack.🤪

• Haha 2

I have the strong feeling that the OP is winding folks up and his wife is just standing next to several carts being used by the crew to bring luggage aboard. Nobody would really have that much luggage or that diversity of bags.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 16
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, SeaDog-46 said:

How unaccompanied baggage was delivered to cruise terminal in China for embarking passengers - a 1 man operation.

We were disembarking Diamond Princess.

In China - next cruise passengers luggage.JPG

Wow did I luck out that red bag belongs to me 😁

Tony

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, Thrak said:

We did 28 days with one folding garment bag and two bags we were able to carry on the plane. We had plenty of clothes and "stuff". We leave soon for two cruises. One goes to Alta, Norway and the second one is a TA from Barcelona, Spain. Different climates to deal with. We "may" take another bag but maybe not.

This would be impossible for me.  We are leaving tomorrow for a 26 day plus 2 weeks in Australia.  Two carryons, 2 large suitcases and two back packs, after I repacked!!

• Like 1