music to listen to in your cabin and balcony?

compozer

What do you use to store and listen to music on?   We will be cruising for six weeks and have a corner balcony cabin and would love to have some of our favorite 60;s tunes  to softly play while we are in our cabin and on the balcony.   Wish we could get Sirus radio on the ship. 

16 minutes ago, compozer said:

What do you use to store and listen to music on?   We will be cruising for six weeks and have a corner balcony cabin and would love to have some of our favorite 60;s tunes  to softly play while we are in our cabin and on the balcony.   Wish we could get Sirus radio on the ship. 

Just buy a small bluetooth speaker so you can play your tunes from your phone.  

I don't recommend doing this on the balcony though.  I think it's highly likely that your neighbors won't appreciate it.  

• Like 9

We store ours on our tablets. But for the love of God, if you want to listen to music on your balcony, be considerate of your neighbors and use a headset or ear buds.  Sound, even at "soft" levels, carries, and nobody else should have to listen to your choice of music.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Just buy a small bluetooth speaker so you can play your tunes from your phone.  

I don't recommend doing this on the balcony though.  I think it's highly likely that your neighbors won't appreciate it.  

I do have a small bluetooth speaker and figured I could put some on our phone   BUT we have no idea how to get the songs on our phone.    We always get a stern corner balcony and with the noise from the wake, no one will hear soft music.  You can hardly hear each other speak.  

25 minutes ago, compozer said:

I do have a small bluetooth speaker and figured I could put some on our phone   BUT we have no idea how to get the songs on our phone.    We always get a stern corner balcony and with the noise from the wake, no one will hear soft music.  You can hardly hear each other speak.  

From first hand listening experience in stern corner locations I will say that you would be surprised as the stateroom balconies below and above at least will be able to hear it, as well as the one stateroom that would be next to you inboard. The wake is not that loud.  Best to use the earbuds as suggested on the balcony.  A volume level that wouldn't exceed that which you would normally listen to your stateroom TV would probably be ok inside your stateroom.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, compozer said:

Sorry bud but, your music sucks, my music sucks, everybody's music sucks for the folks in the next cabin. Please don't use a speaker for your personal music on any cruise ship balcony. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Sorry bud but, your music sucks, my music sucks, everybody's music sucks for the folks in the next cabin. Please don't use a speaker for your personal music on any cruise ship balcony. 

And even if it's music that I might LOVE sometime but timing is everything.  So, yeah, definitely not on a balcony.  And if I were to hear music from another cabin, I'd report it.  And I LOVE 60s music 🙂

Edited by clo

We do have earbuds that we  have used before for music when a friend let us use his old phone for music.   We want to pick the songs this time.    On this cruise, we are traveling with the people below us , no cabins above us and we would talk to the people next door.    We know what loud music in a cabin next to us sounds like - especially teenagers. 

Please, I understand about the music others can hear.  We are better than that so please no more comments about what we should not do!

The tv in the cabin is louder than the music I listen to

Edited by compozer
  • Like 1

Just now, compozer said:

We do have earbuds that we  have used before for music when a friend let us use his old phone for music.   We want to pick the songs this time.    On this cruise, we are traveling with the people below us , no cabins above us and we would talk to the people next door.    We know what loud music in a cabin next to us sounds like - especially teenagers. 

Talk all you want. But, I don't want to listen to your music nor does anyone two doors down. Use ear buds/headphones.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Talk all you want. But, I don't want to listen to your music nor does anyone two doors down. Use ear buds/headphones.

^^^^^ I find this one of those entitlement things.  Sound travels.  In unpredictable ways.  I don't know why earbuds/headphones aren't acceptable.  Unless they want to 'entertain' others 😞

We rip CD's, our own or from the library, using the Media Player in our Windows 7 (yes, 7) laptop.  We then drag and drop to move them to micro SD cards that we insert into our phone or player.  I bought a basic Samsung ON5 phone for $50 ... works great.  It was offered for TracFone, and I never installed their SIM, but I can use it for wifi.    

Edited by pms4104
  • Like 1

I have about 5000 or 6000 albums on my cell phone most of which were ripped from library CDs.  I do agree w other people's comments about using the speaker on the balcony.  If you can hear it, the people around you can also hear it.

DON

8 hours ago, compozer said:

by that logic,  why bother trying to listen to music on the balcony at all then?    

there is nothing worse than having some low level noise disturbance  in the background.. to include 'soft music' on some one else's balcony.  all I want to hear is the  sound of the waves.  maybe a random whale  song.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, compozer said:

Please, I understand about the music others can hear.  We are better than that so please no more comments about what we should not do!

no, you aren't since you insist that its okay for you to do it regardless of what others have said.  what will you do if the people next door are like " no, we are Grunge metal fans and don't want to hear your  lame tunes.  "  again NO ONE wants to hear some one else's music on the balcony.  

back on topic, I have spotify on my phone and have downloaded over 1000 tunes. That'll do me on an 11 day cruise.

Can someone clarify what they mean when they say like 60's music?

I like 70s music, as long as its British punk post 1976, or The Ramones and New York dolls.

I cant bear that disco nonsense from that decade.

Its just something that shouldnt, but does, bug me, when describing what music you like.

I need to get out more.

We were recently on Celebrity Equinox.  We frequently had the cabin tv on the bowcam channel.  The background music was excellent!  Both soothing and energizing at the same time.

However, we wouldn't even consider playing any kind of music on a balcony.

I have dozens of albums in Windows Media Player on my Windows computer.  I download them onto an mp3 player and use earbuds.  I have also managed to get most of them onto iTunes, and onto an ipod, but I have not yet been able to get them do transfer to my iphone.  Don't know why, just doesn't work.  But the ipod is great, does everything the phone does but make calls.  EM

10 hours ago, compozer said:

None of the comments are a judgement about you.  But you opened the door when you commented about playing your music on the balcony for others to express an opinion.  I for one was simply offering feedback from someone who, in a similar balcony location, was subject to music that was thought to be soft by those playing it.  Softly to you may not be soft enough for others nearby to not hear it.  And what if you talk with the neighbor and they ask not to have it played without earbuds at all?  Will you respect that?

Do as you wish, but be prepared that even though you feel you are being quiet, sound travels and those around you may hear it and not appreciate their balcony quiet being disturbed.  

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 3