Water Onboard

We are about to embark on a cruise with our children and will not be purchasing drinks packages.  Is there anywhere on board that water is accessible without a cost ? What are people's recommendations for travelling with children ? The drinks packages are very expensive and our children don't really drink soft drink.

Edited by Mumma Mooney

There are many stations around the ship to get ice water (sometimes fruit flavored) and often in the windjammer there are various juices from concentrate available free of charge.   

There will I’ll always be ice water available at the Dining venues and every bar free of charge. 

You will I’ll also be able to get milk at meals to drink. 

Hope that helps!  We do not get any package for the kids - just pay OOP very occasionally for a frozen slushy drink or smoothie or Shirley temple for them.    My kids know that sugar makes their stomachs sore and often choose to consume it in foods vs beverages!    

Dont forget you can bring a dozen beverages on with you as well Incase you wanted bottled water or Gatorade etc.

the Windjammer has a station  available 24/7 of  included options.. to include at least one flavored water.    you can get a glass of tap water at any bar and its standard in the MDR at every meal.  there may be  dispensers  in other areas around the ship as well.. near Sorrentos, Park cafe  etc.  

4 hours ago, spookwife said:

the Windjammer has a station  available 24/7 of  included options.. to include at least one flavored water.    you can get a glass of tap water at any bar and its standard in the MDR at every meal.  there may be  dispensers  in other areas around the ship as well.. near Sorrentos, Park cafe  etc.  

The WJ is not accessible 24/7 on any ship that I have sailed.  Some classes of ships, like Radiance class, have some drinks available in an outside area near the WJ.  What ships have a station in the WJ available 24/7?

5 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

The CocaCola Freestyle machines will dispense ice and water into any cup.

Correct, if the ship you are sailing has the machines.  We just got off of Serenade and it doesn't have them yet.  We knew prior to sailing, so made sure to bring some diet root beer with us for my DH.

There are water stations in the Windjammer and the cafe promenade.  I would recommend for the kids to bring some sort of refillable water bottle for them.  You are not allowed to directly fill from the tap.  What I do is grab a few glasses of water and pour them into the bottles.  You can also find iced tea and lemonade at these stations also. The cafe promenade is open 24 hours with water, iced tea, lemonade, coffee, and hot water for hot tea or hot chocolate.  These options are included in your cruise price and do not cost extra. 

9 minutes ago, snowglobe said:

Isn’t it absolutely discouraged to drink the water from the tap? (recycled)

The tap water is absolutely safe to drink. It’s the same water as in the bars and restaurants. 

Some of us have a sensitivity to it, but not most people. 

• Like 2

Ice water is available everywhere...every bar and eating venue will give you as much as you want!  Coffee, tea (iced or hot), lemonade, milk, and juice at breakfast is included in your fare.  You don't need a "drink package " to be hydrated!  You can buy a soda or cocktail/beer/wine if you want one!

10 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

also you can bring a certain amount of bottle water on board in most cases 

Yes that's correct:

"Guests may also bring non-alcoholic beverages as carry-on items on boarding day. Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom."

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy