Haven't boarded yet, already unhappy

This our second celebrity cruise. Last time we arrived at our scheduled time, checked in and boarded. This time we were scheduled for 11 am check in, arrived at 11:30 and are still waiting to board an hour later. If they are boarding by class and muster station now, why schedule us for early check in? We would have spent time enjoying Miami instead of sitting in a waiting area for more than an hour.  Not a good way to start a Cruise. 

20191025_124401.jpg

Edited by StillLooking4Adventure

Did all boarding start on time? It's possible the ship had inspections or other issues (medical emergency with a guest on the previous cruise who needed to be evacuated; a ship-wide deep clean due to Noro, etc.) that delayed boarding's start in general. It can happen. (I know the USPH was doing some surprise inspections this week based on a couple of other lines getting surprise inspections.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Did all boarding start on time? It's possible the ship had inspections or other issues (medical emergency with a guest on the previous cruise who needed to be evacuated; a ship-wide deep clean due to Noro, etc.) that delayed boarding's start in general. It can happen. (I know the USPH was doing some surprise inspections this week based on a couple of other lines getting surprise inspections.)

Exactly, could be any number of reasons...

I personally dont like showing up before noon. Cabins open up about 1:30. If I dont have a schedule lunch time (Luminae or concierge lunch). Why not have lunch in Miami. You know you can get in a cab and go have lunch and show up later in the day. Why sit around the terminal.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

This our second celebrity cruise. Last time we arrived at our scheduled time, checked in and boarded. This time we were scheduled for 11 am check in, arrived at 11:30 and are still waiting to board an hour later. If they are boarding by class and muster station now, why schedule us for early check in? We would have spent time enjoying Miami instead of sitting in a waiting area for more than an hour.  Not a good way to start a Cruise. 

Sounds like you got checked in on time according to your scheduled time. The scheduled time is not when you board the ship. Did you ask the reason for the delay? Better than sitting at home and not waiting to get on a cruise ship.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

Now see, what would have made me unhappy would have been the thought of sailing with a group of adults who thought it was a good idea to wear matching t-shirts out in public. 

Looks like one of the women in the matching shirts agrees with you! 😛 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, scrapcreator said:

Waiting isn’t fun. Hopefully you and all the others waiting with you are onboard soon, enjoying a glass of bubbly and your cruise.

Would it help if we shared our boarding horror stories? Fortunately, I only have one.

I would enjoy reading those stories.  Would make this a fun thread.

Waiting and watching people is a favorite activity of mine.  A year ago we took a last minute Disney Cruise due to odd circumstances.  We booked 5 days before the ship sailed.  They give you a check in time and stick to it.  I think ours was at 3 and the ship left at 4.  We were there early with no chance to board early.  Best cruise wait ever watching all the family matching tee shirts.  My vacation starts as soon as the car leaves the house so waiting for planes, trains and automobiles is no big deal.   I hope you don’t have to wait to long and enjoy your cruise.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I would enjoy reading those stories.  Would make this a fun thread.

Agree!  On one of our previous cruises, we saw a husband and wife with funny t-shirts...His said "I'M THE BOSS", his wife's t-shirt said     "I TELL THE BOSS WHAT TO DO!"  FUNNY!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, charlielinda said:

Waiting and watching people is a favorite activity of mine.  A year ago we took a last minute Disney Cruise due to odd circumstances.  We booked 5 days before the ship sailed.  They give you a check in time and stick to it.  I think ours was at 3 and the ship left at 4.  We were there early with no chance to board early.  Best cruise wait ever watching all the family matching tee shirts.  My vacation starts as soon as the car leaves the house so waiting for planes, trains and automobiles is no big deal.   I hope you don’t have to wait to long and enjoy your cruise.  

Unless there was something VERY weird going on, Disney goes to "Open Boarding" whenever the group number being given out and the one that is being called are the same - usually around 12-12:30. At that point anyone can board regardless of number.

• Like 1

there was no problem for the delay for any reason other than they have priority boarding based on your class. Now we are waiting in line to have them put the correct liquor package which we purchased two months ago on our sea pass so we are able to get what we paid for. Aggravated. 

18 minutes ago, charlielinda said:

I know we were very late boarding but no worries because people watching is fine.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

there was no problem for the delay for any reason other than they have priority boarding based on your class. Now we are waiting in line to have them put the correct liquor package which we purchased two months ago on our sea pass so we are able to get what we paid for. Aggravated. 

I'd be more ticked, being Elite, if they allowed those without that loyalty tier board before me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Pickels said:

Agree!  On one of our previous cruises, we saw a husband and wife with funny t-shirts...His said "I'M THE BOSS", his wife's t-shirt said     "I TELL THE BOSS WHAT TO DO!"  FUNNY!

Wait, t-shirts with slogans??? Careful...

• Haha 3