Bar soap going Buh Bye

CruisinFinsUp

No more bar soap?  No more plastic straws?  The sky is falling!  These are just but two examples of what I call a classic "Shakespeare."  "Much Ado About Nothing!"

Edited by tip
  • Like 3

Tip, that's not my point. You know how you always forget something? (well I seem to) I've got 2 tubes of toothpaste & no lotion. Figured the ship would have it, now I learn I've figured wrong so stopping off at the Target up the street. Issue resolved

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tip said:

No more bar soap?  No more plastic straws?  The sky is falling!  These are just but two examples of what I call a classic "Shakespeare."  "Much Ado About Nothing!"

That's exactly why people just LOVE to fly now because the airlines cut so many things and charged for all other's.....thank god still able to pay for FC when fly....Princess will learn to unbundle everything some day and people will be paying for things they used to take for granted....it is already happening in the MDR's....want a steak....it will cost you.....

"True is it that we have seen better days and have with holy bell been knolled to church, and sat at good men's feasts and wiped our eyes of drops that sacred pity hath engendered." — Duke Senior

• Like 1

On 11/20/2019 at 12:26 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

I think the last 3 cruises or so, we have not received the elite toiletry kit.  We even asked for one from a room steward and he said they were not giving those out anymore.

I received the gold bags on both of my cruises last month on the Royal Princess .... 

8464B4C5-A967-4BB7-9523-F6E3595758A5.jpeg

16 hours ago, tip said:

To me it is a big deal.

When they went to the "body wash" in the shower, I still took the bar soap from the sink and used it in the shower.

Assuming the "body wash" is even acceptable, it takes dozens of pressing the nozzle for it during the course of a shower and thus much more effort and time (and using more water) compared to a bar of soap.

Also, one does not have to be paranoid to worry that some past passenger may have purposely contaminated the contents of a dispenser unit for soap, lotion, or any other product.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, caribill said:

Also, one does not have to be paranoid to worry that some past passenger may have purposely contaminated the contents of a dispenser unit for soap, lotion, or any other product.

When princess still had the little bottles ... I once used some shower gel.

It was the wrong consistency, it had clearly been adulterated...

I don't think it was nefarious, I think someone added water to use the entire contents of the bottle.

But, there was no indication that it wasn't new, so who knows...

I was recently in a sandwich shop on land...

They had a bin with plastic tableware.

I took a fork.   It was encrusted with rice.  Someone had obviously used the fork

and put it back in the 'new' bin.

In my best valley girl accent:

"Barf me out the door."

6 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I received the gold bags on both of my cruises last month on the Royal Princess .... 

8464B4C5-A967-4BB7-9523-F6E3595758A5.jpeg

Wouldn't it be nice if they replaced that spray (still not sure what it's for) with a bar of soap?!!!!!

13 hours ago, chamima said:

Wouldn't it be nice if they replaced that spray (still not sure what it's for) with a bar of soap?!!!!!

I think the spray is for stocking stuffers for your more annoying relatives.  I tied two together with a festive red & gold ribbon and they're destined for my sister's stocking next month.  Ho Ho Ho.

• Haha 2

5 pages and (almost) 5,000 views later about... bar soap. 

For better or for worse, I appreciate the passion of our CC boards!

First, they came for our multiple entrees at dinner. 
Then, our plastic straws. 
And now, our bar soap. 

Not today, Satan. Not today!

Andrew 

11 minutes ago, arowe6 said:

5 pages and (almost) 5,000 views later about... bar soap. 

For better or for worse, I appreciate the passion of our CC boards!

And now, our bar soap. 

Not today, Satan. Not today!

Andrew 

I think this is because a lot of us on these boards are of the senior/retired variety and have nothing better to do while we are at home waiting for our next cruise. 😉

Theo

boring-face-19672688.jpg.c171bc326d90f2b23915a8c0990fdea5.jpgarticle_full@1x.jpg.2f8e35e8638bb68f4f1afd54a2fb6ec1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Renmar said:

I think this is because a lot of us on these boards are of the senior/retired variety and have nothing better to do while we are at home waiting for our next cruise. 😉

Theo

boring-face-19672688.jpg.c171bc326d90f2b23915a8c0990fdea5.jpgarticle_full@1x.jpg.2f8e35e8638bb68f4f1afd54a2fb6ec1.jpg

I want that life. Badly. 

And some soap. 

Andrew 

1 minute ago, 4cats4me said:

My cruise packing list keeps getting longer and longer.   Haha 

Dramamine

Irish Spring

Spf

Truly daunting 😂

I’m headed out on the Regal (again) in a few weeks. Gettttttt ready!

Andrew 

9 hours ago, arowe6 said:

5 pages and (almost) 5,000 views later about... bar soap...

And now, our bar soap....

And somehow the sun still rises and sets each day!

Edited by tip
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 5:21 PM, Tedferg said:

I thought I'd heard this some time ago, but still found bar soap in cabin. Wonder if Steward will supply it on request. We have a net bag on a long string to hang in the shower, avoids dropping soap. Just don't seem to get the same lather with the soap in dispenser.

I’ve asked my cabin steward on my Oct 18th cruise (Pacific Princess) not to bring those round hand soaps, because they dry out my hands. I ask him for a tube of their Spa Body Gel to use in the sink area. That’s the same liquid soap they now put in the shower in a big container. I highly recommend packing a tube of Aquafor, I won’t leave home without it! It’s also great to use if you have a cut/sore or dry elbows/heels. There is a  generic brand of this right next to the Aquafor at Walmart. 

On 11/21/2019 at 1:30 PM, JimmyVWine said:

Were diving into the realm of the ridiculous, but with sourdough, you knead the new batch such that the old completely integrates with the new.  In a soap dispenser, the old will be at the bottom and given the laws of physics and the relative viscosity of soap, unless someone agitates the container vigorously, turning it end over end to mix the solution, the old soap on the bottom is always going to remain on the bottom until it gets used, which will happen. 

It is on a ship!!!! Ships vibrate , roll, pitch and yaw. Sufficient movement to stir things up.