Overwhelmed First Timer...

Sun Queen II

On 12/9/2019 at 2:47 PM, ORV said:

I'm not sure what you're putting in the search box but when I type in Oceania Connoisseur Club Travel Agent I get about 6 options on the first page, which includes all I need. 

Thanks, Orv, don't know what I was putting in, but this time I actually found one whose site included the Oceania Connoisseur agency listing.

I'd like to add my first timer Oceania questions to this thread too please. It might also be helpful to the OP and others following the topic.

* I'm curious about the bathroom amenities. Is there real soap or that awful stuff in a pump fixed to the wall that some of the cruise lines have now? Ditto for the shampoo and condition being mixed in a single dispenser. Urrrrgh

* Can we take a glass of wine back to our room? And alternately, if we pour a glass of our own wine in our room can we carry it around the ship?

Edited by sailco

15 minutes ago, sailco said:

I'd like to add my first timer Oceania questions to this thread too please. It might also be helpful to the OP and others following the topic.

* I'm curious about the bathroom amenities. Is there real soap or that awful stuff in a pump fixed to the wall that some of the cruise lines have now? Ditto for the shampoo and condition being mixed in a single dispenser. Urrrrgh

Yes & yes - real soap, shampoo and conditioner last time I was on

* Can we take a glass of wine back to our room? And alternately, if we pour a glass of our own wine in our room can we carry it around the ship?

Yes (I think?) & no - wine brought onboard must be consumed in the cabin or if taken to dining venue corkage fee applies

Hope that helps.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

About a year ago but we will pass our 30th cruise on Oceania next year.

Sounds reasonable, unless you're cruise line favourites. I'd expect you have preferential treatment after so many cruises. 😎

Edited by sailco

7 hours ago, sailco said:

I've been reading about heaps of cost saving changes recently. When did you last sail Oceania? Thank you.

I got off earlier this month from a 20 day cruise. Have no fear, there is bar(round) soap, Bvlgari, branded, separate shampoo and conditioner, also lotion. 

14 hours ago, sailco said:

I've been reading about heaps of cost saving changes recently. When did you last sail Oceania? Thank you.

We're on the Marina now and we have all the bath amenities you desire. @ORV is the brand of amenities based on the level of your cabin? And that Bulgari bath soap is incredible IMO and I've never had that reaction to a dang bar of soap.

Re wine, yes, you can definitely bring it back to your cabin and, has stated if it's any beverage you brought onboard it's too be drunk in your cabin.

1 hour ago, clo said:

We're on the Marina now and we have all the bath amenities you desire. @ORV is the brand of amenities based on the level of your cabin? And that Bulgari bath soap is incredible IMO and I've never had that reaction to a dang bar of soap.

Not the brand but the level of Bulgari. They have White, Green, Blue & Red. The white is usually in the verandas on down. Not sure about the Concierge & PH but the upper suites get whichever one they want. Usually they give a gift box of them also in larger sizes. I haven't been in a suite in a while. Do they still do that? 

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Not the brand but the level of Bulgari. They have White, Green, Blue & Red. The white is usually in the verandas on down. Not sure about the Concierge & PH but the upper suites get whichever one they want. Usually they give a gift box of them also in larger sizes. I haven't been in a suite in a while. Do they still do that? 

Concierge veranda so I have no idea.

1 hour ago, ORV said:

We were in Concierge in August and had Green and Blue. Always request they change to Blue only (our preferred scent).

Please do not take a glass of your own wine out of your stateroom to drink anywhere around the ship      You can of course take a bottle of your own wine to the restaurant where you will pay $25  corkage.   If you do not finish that bottle it will be kept for you till next time  If you eat in a different restaurant, your bottle will be brought to your table wherever you are.  J

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jay23 said:

If you do not finish that bottle it will be kept for you till next time  If you eat in a different restaurant, your bottle will be brought to your table wherever you are.  

You can also then take that bottle back to your cabin.

On 12/18/2019 at 2:55 PM, ORV said:

Recently onboard Regatta in a PH, we had choice of all but Red.

Ask your room steward to empty the mini fridge in your cabin then when you pass a bar pick up a beer request that it is not opened and then take to your room and put in the fridge. You will soon have enough beer to drink on the balcony you can also stock up with soda.

Afraid you will need to go to a bar for a wine though.

Hope this helps 

4 hours ago, swigso said:

Ask your room steward to empty the mini fridge in your cabin then when you pass a bar pick up a beer request that it is not opened and then take to your room and put in the fridge. You will soon have enough beer to drink on the balcony you can also stock up with soda.

Hope this helps 

Go ashore and bring back as much of anything that you want.

4 hours ago, swigso said:

Hope this helps 

Beer is included now? I thought the mini fridge was only filled with included beverages.

Or did you have a beverage package? 

just trying to understand.

Donna

45 minutes ago, Toranut97 said:

Beer is included now? I thought the mini fridge was only filled with included beverages.

Or did you have a beverage package? 

just trying to understand.

Donna

You pay for beer unless you have a package as you rightly say,    swigso didn't mean it was included.   Best plan is to purchase beer on shore and put it in the mini fridge as clo suggested   

• Like 1

New to Oceania, as well. Booked in A3 concierge verandah on Sirena-Oct, 2020

What drinks are included?

What is in the mini fridge?

Any suggestions are appreciated. I have just started to look at Oceania. Thanks

Edited by dog

22 minutes ago, dog said:

All non alcoholic  beverages are included on the cruise

For Concierge cabins & above you get  a bottle of Champagne or wine in the cabin

The fridge  has sodas in it  Vero Water bottles in all cabins

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, dog said:

All water, soft drinks, specialty coffees (without alcohol) and virgin cocktails

Any of the above that you ask for (maybe not the cocktails 😀)

Any other SPECIFIC questions will be happily addressed here.

• Thanks 1