Constellation disappeared?

mitz18

1 hour ago, bEwAbG said:

You can quibble with how they're going about it but it's being done just like they did earlier on the Summit.  Lots of moving parts and thousands of reservations to sift through.  It's been about 24 hours since someone first noticed, so I find it a bit unreasonable to expect firm answers for every booking at this point.  Most people likely have no idea that their online reservation has been switched to a "guarantee" status, and they're likely to end up in the room they booked unless the number of berths changes, so I think a general announcement would ultimately cause more work for them.  

Yes they do have an idea as I received an email this morning showing I was changed to a GTY. A little more information would have been nice so everyone isn’t guessing why.

4 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

Yes they do have an idea as I received an email this morning showing I was changed to a GTY. A little more information would have been nice so everyone isn’t guessing why.

who was the email from X or a TA?  So far you are the only one on this thread Reporting  that they were notified their  reservation was changed to a guarantee.

wow,  noticed this thread,   & did a little freak out.   We were originally booked for the April 2021 suez canal cruise, but those were all cancelled.   Booked May 2021 on the Connie to replace that cruise, with lots of OBC as compensation, I was a little worried that our cruise would once again be cancelled, but it looks like nothing has changed on ours :)    We're just two booked in an S2....   It does show that there are those supposed "sunset suites" but there are showing sold out..... which is weird because they were never actually offered....  

Just checked and we are now RS guarantee for a Connie cruise in late 2020. Who knows! We've booked hotels, flights etc.....so much for early planning (we still work so have to get those sorts of things done when we can). Hopefully it will sort itself out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

who was the email from X or a TA?  So far you are the only one on this thread Reporting  that they were notified their  reservation was changed to a guarantee.

It was directly from X, same email as when you book a cruise. The address is DONOTREPLY@celebrity.com

Im hoping nothing changes since we booked during the black Friday sale with 3 perks and lots of OBC.

2 minutes ago, DebInAntigua said:

Just got an email too with an updated booking PDF attachment. Our accessible sky suite is now an S2 guarantee.

Is there any use calling tomorrow? Or do we just have to wait?

I think just wait...how’s the foot doing?

2 minutes ago, Oville said:

I think just wait...how’s the foot doing?

Hey, thanks for asking. 🙂 Got the stitches out today (2 weeks post-op). Am allowed to walk small amounts with a cane and special shoe, which is great news after being confined to my bedroom for the past two weeks! In 4 - 5 more weeks I should be able to start wearing normal shoes/sneakers again. Will know more in early 2020 at my next follow up visit.

Since I live in Antigua, Guatemala, the world's most non-ADA friendly place to walk, where everything outside is rough volcanic cobblestone, very uneven to walk on, and there are almost zero ramps for anything, I'll probably end up staying at home most of the time over the next month or so though. Luckily at home it's much easier to get around on the tile floors.

(picture isn't mine, but shows perfectly what I mean about the streets here)

antigua_street.jpg

My travel agent (the large, online one not allowed to be named here) talked with Celebrity and she reassured me that the cabins pre-assigned will go back to their original status early next week.  So for anyone who is not a triple or quad, you should see your original cabin number back by next Wednesday latest.   If you are in a triple or quad, you may end up with a cabin switch due to their reconfiguration of cabins due to cabin additions.

You would think they would have figured this out before bookings started, but...………..

• Like 3

After reading this topic I checked my booking for Dec 23 2020.  Sure enough we had been moved from our Sweet 16 - 2C category to a Guarantee.  I called our TA from a big box store, where membership is req and had them inquire.  I stressed that I had researched my cabin location & that there were very few of these on the ship and that I wanted what I booked.

No real explanation was given, but my status is once again my original cabin # and same category.

I wouldn’t hesitate to call in and get clarification 

19 hours ago, hcat said:

Imagine  if they did this to  ticketholders for seats at  a concert or football game!

This does happen with concerts...I've had it happen to me a couple of times!  Seating configurations can and do change.  

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Thanks for the update.

The situation  seems bizarre..why change almost everything if there were only a few cabins that needed to be re- assigned??

Hoping it is soon resolved.

My guess is that they zero out an entire sailing and then check each room individually to make sure each life boat station is correctly balanced.  People who selected a room that didn't have a berth number change get left in place (room reassigned back to them) and then they deal with moving the ones who have to be moved.  Again, we saw this same process play out with Summit.  I recall seeing very few people who were upset with that shuffle, and the ones I do recall being affected were always cabins with more than two people in them.

For those reporting trips farther in the future as having not been affected, I'm guessing either the shuffle was already done but didn't take much time because there were fewer reservations at this point OR that they just haven't gotten to them yet. 

Edited by bEwAbG

38 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

One other thought: they could be moving all reservations from the "old" ship plan to the updated ship plan, which is why reservations get assigned "GTY" status in the interim.

Currently while it shows we have a booking it will not bring up the booking .. so IT must be doing something! 🙂