Extremely disappointed in princess

caligirlfashionista

39 minutes ago, geoherb said:

I've received free upgrades on guarantee cabins. This summer it was going to an unobstructed ocean view after booking an inside. I've never asked for an upgrade.

The key point is that you didn't ask for the upgrade. Some passengers will be lucky and get a free upgrade, but if Princess gave it to anyone who phoned and asked, their phone lines would be jammed🙂. We have had upgrades of category, but not a mega upgrade.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Outerdog said:

Seems like you could get a better response from people if you improve your communication. Paragraphs, punctuation, and brevity go a long way to getting your point across correctly.

12 hours ago, Outerdog said:

She claims the princess agent told her she had been upgraded.

You seem very rude.

What basis do you have to question someone's integrity?

Keyboard anonymity?

If you have some reason we should all doubt the original posters honesty, please share.

Edited by pablo222
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, MissP22 said:

You can celebrate it anytime you want to. Just ask the waiter for a cake & it'll show up even without a card. On our last cruise we asked for a birthday cake one evening & the waiter repeatedly asked us if we wanted to have one each night thereafter. 

No more balloons if you were counting on them unless you bring your own. 

Yes, I realize that you can celebrate whenever you want, but the issue was it was not our anniversary and therefore DW did not want all of that.

When we were on a Princess ship for a special (30th) anniversary, she was fine with the balloons and cake. And I'm sure she appreciated the rose that I bought that was in the cabin when we returned from our excursion.

7 hours ago, suzyed said:

My daughter and I cruised for her birthday and while onboard, she was sent a Free Specialty Dinner gift card and a $50 Spa Credit which she used in the beauty salon!  It was her first Princess cruise and I was very surprised by it...but she was thrilled!

If I'm not mistaken just about everyone who has any sort of celebration receives a spa coupon but we've never received a free Specialty Dinner gift card. Sound like they did do something special. Was it a BOGO coupon?

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

If I'm not mistaken just about everyone who has any sort of celebration receives a spa coupon but we've never received a free Specialty Dinner gift card. Sound like they did do something special. Was it a BOGO coupon?

I don't recall (but could maybe "not remembered" ever getting a spa coupon or other "gift" from Princess.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Is this new? DH and I usually sail over both our birthdays and our anniversary, (yes, all three are in the same week) and we've never received a spa coupon. We've always just received the door decoration and the card to give the wait staff for the cake. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

Is this new? DH and I usually sail over both our birthdays and our anniversary, (yes, all three are in the same week) and we've never received a spa coupon. We've always just received the door decoration and the card to give the wait staff for the cake. 

You've got me? I just dump those coupons in the trash can as fast as they leave them although if they left a BOGO coupon for a Specialty restaurant we might use it if it came early enough in the cruise.

By the time we're into our 4th & 5th  cruise day we're usually tired of looking at just a plain old cake. 😮

We always schedule a birthday celebration so I'll take more notice in Jan. 

Two years ago I cruised on the Royal Princess for my birthday.  First time having a birthday cruise.  Besides getting the card for cake I received a card to save $25 in the shops.  I searched and searched but there was nothing I wanted.  Ended up getting an overpriced bag of Lindor truffles in the candy shop (could have purchased it for almost half price in Costco so anyone who was actually paying for it on Princess was really gouged).  18 months later we cruised on the Royal Princess for dh birthday.  No gift card, just the cake (and of course door decorations).  We used the cake card in the MDR.  Cake was delicious (mine 18 months earlier was terrible).  A few days later we ate in the Crown Grill.  Did not mention anything about birthday but it must have been in their computer system because he got another cake!  It was a delicious meal, had a delicious desert, and then a cake!  They wrapped it up so we could eat it the next day in our cabin.

This summer we will sail on the Maiden voyage of Enchanted Princess.  It starts the day after dh birthday.  We'll see what he gets.  Not interested in a spa card.

Edited by dickinson

7 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Can you use that coupon on the Thermal Suite? If so, I might put in my graduation and keep my fingers crossed!

57 minutes ago, CynCyn said:

Can you use that coupon on the Thermal Suite? If so, I might put in my graduation and keep my fingers crossed!

Honestly have no idea. I've never use one for the spa & never took the time to read the paper.

1 hour ago, dickinson said:

Two years ago I cruised on the Royal Princess for my birthday.  First time having a birthday cruise.  Besides getting the card for cake I received a card to save $25 in the shops.  I searched and searched but there was nothing I wanted.  Ended up getting an overpriced bag of Lindor truffles in the candy shop (could have purchased it for almost half price in Costco so anyone who was actually paying for it on Princess was really gouged).  18 months later we cruised on the Royal Princess for dh birthday.  No gift card, just the cake (and of course door decorations).  We used the cake card in the MDR.  Cake was delicious (mine 18 months earlier was terrible).  A few days later we ate in the Crown Grill.  Did not mention anything about birthday but it must have been in their computer system because he got another cake!  It was a delicious meal, had a delicious desert, and then a cake!  They wrapped it up so we could eat it the next day in our cabin.

This summer we will sail on the Maiden voyage of Enchanted Princess.  It starts the day after dh birthday.  We'll see what he gets.  Not interested in a spa card.

I used mine plus my 10% Elite discount to get a nice gray Under Armor rain type jacket with a subtle Princess logo.  Originally over $100 and marked down to $69 then then minus the discounts. 

I was happy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dickinson said:

No gift card, just the cake (and of course door decorations).  We used the cake card in the MDR.  Cake was delicious (mine 18 months earlier was terrible).  A few days later we ate in the Crown Grill.  Did not mention anything about birthday but it must have been in their computer system because he got another cake!  It was a delicious meal, had a delicious desert, and then a cake!  They wrapped it up so we could eat it the next day in our cabin.

I do remember them having different cakes for different ships (transition???)  One was definitely better than the other.  I just want a plain old fashion chocolate cake.  

PS...Are you booked in a window suite on the Enchanted Princess?

2 hours ago, CynCyn said:

No idea.  It said the spa/salon, I think.

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I do remember them having different cakes for different ships (transition???)  One was definitely better than the other.  I just want a plain old fashion chocolate cake.  

PS...Are you booked in a window suite on the Enchanted Princess?

I wish!!  No we are in a balcony. 

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:03 AM, pablo222 said:

Did anyone read the whole post, before jumping in to defend their beloved princess?

At the end of the call with the first agent, the agent told the customer that she had found an upgrade to a mini-suite for the same price.

Perfect.  Customer happy.   

The subsequent issue and calls were because the promised upgrade did not show up.

Perhaps this section from the original post will be helpful:

’.She Said yes, and told me to hold a second to check the rates .She informed me that I was in luck! That  she found a mini suite for the same price that I booked my balcony and said that she would upgrade me. I thanked her several times because I could not express how elated I was. She began the process and my phone alerted me of a princess email .

Once the agent said "I have upgraded you", the custome has every right to expect the upgrade,

and to be disappointed if they don't get it.

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 6:46 PM, pablo222 said:

It doesn't matter if it is right or wrong to ask for an upgrade.   It might be the most absurd thing ever...

But...

The princess agent told her she had been upgraded.

She has every right to be upset that it didn't happen.

I can understand OP's frustration and I don't fault her for trying.  I believe that words do matter however.  I'm looking at both of your posts and I can see where you seem to be misquoting the OP's original post.  You stated the agent said "I have upgraded you", (you even placed it in quotes) but I don't see those words anywhere in any of her posts.  You also state: The princess agent told her she had been upgraded.  Again, I don't see those words anywhere in any of her posts.  What I see, (and I am accurately quoting the OP) is "...and said she would upgrade me." and "She began the process..."  It seems that the rep saw the opportunity to move her to a mini for the same price and started the process to do that but the OP terminated the call before receiving confirmation from the rep that the change had been completed.  I'm not casting any blame on the OP but it appears that in her excitement she finished her conversation too soon and the rep moved on.  The apparent misquotes don't help support the OP.

• Thanks 2

On 12/28/2019 at 2:08 AM, caligirlfashionista said:

Sooooo here it goes.... I had a horrible day today. I decided to ring up princess to see if perhaps I could get a complimentary upgrade or some birthday perks for my husband during his birthday cruise. The agent helping me was extremely nice, she notated my account to let the MDR know that we would be celebrating my Dh bday which was nice, but I know that isn’t really a perk , nonetheless I showed gratitude for her time. She told me ‘Unfortunately she didn’t she any complimentary upgrades at the present but she would notate my account that I was interested in a mini suite upgrade from a balcony’. I thanked her and right before I was going to end our hour+ conversation ,I asked if in the future of my cruise if I wanted to call and pay for an upgrade would it be possible?’.She Said yes, and told me to hold a second to check the rates .She informed me that I was in luck! That  she found a mini suite for the same price that I booked my balcony and said that she would upgrade me. I thanked her several times because I could not express how elated I was. She began the process and my phone alerted me of a princess email .I assumed it was from her with my new confirmation so I just continued to thank her and not get into anymore questions ,(not even about the new cabin) because I was willing to take any mini suite I could get regardless of the cabin number, I was just grateful and couldn’t believe my luck... Anyway as soon as hung up I went straight to my email to check my new confirmation. To my disappointment it was a princess ad and not a confirmation. I immediately called back and was told my new booking was never processed but the notes said that I had been upgraded. The agent told me basically there was nothing that he could do ,so I asked to speak to a supervisor for further assistance.... I waited an hour on hold before hanging up and going through the same situation 4 more times for a a total of 4 1/2 hours with waits lies and excuses.Long story short I didn’t get the upgrade 😔😢😭 I was so upset but princess didn’t fix their mistake and said someone else probably got it while she was trying to book the suite for me

How did the first phone call end? Something is missing here.  Sounds like OP ended call before mini suite booking was completed. 

7 hours ago, Daniel A said:

You stated the agent said "I have upgraded you", (you even placed it in quotes) but I don't see those words anywhere in any of her posts.

Golly-gosh, I'm sorry professor.

It should have been written as to para-phrase the agent: "I have upgraded you."   Once this happened, the original poster could

reasonably expect the upgrade to a mini-suite.

Hopefully, this was one of the calls that princess records for training purposes, and can review.

I really think you should treat the posts here as casual conversation.

What people post is not a court transcript for you to parse each word.

The first sentence in your reply was: "I can understand OP's frustration and I don't fault her for trying."

...that's really all  that matters.

If you just want to gratutiously bash my writing, knock yourself out...

Edited by pablo222

My message to the OP is get over your "entitled" mentality.  You want a suite then just book a suite or pay for an upgrade?  The days of free meaningful upgrades has mostly ended (on most cruise lines) and we are now into the era of "upsells" (where you pay extra for upgrades) or bidding for upgrades (another form of upsells).  The cruise lines have finally realized that they do not have to give away upgrades and its now viewed as another revenue stream.  In fact there are some folks (naïve as they may be) who pay more for their booking plus a desired upsell then if they had simply booked the higher category in the first place.

As to your DH's birthday, I hope somebody on the ship wishes him Happy Birthday (that should be free).  Consider that on nearly any cruise there will be several dozen birthdays, more anniversaries, graduation celebrations, etc.  That does not normally get you anything other then some singing waiters and perhaps a small birthday cake (or a cupcake).  My goodness, DW and I cruise an awful lot and are generally on a cruise somewhere on each of our birthdays (and this has been the case for decades).  So what!  

Hank

• Like 2