Goodbye (old) Spirit

KeithJenner

Just waiting to get off the Spirit after the final cruise before dry dock.

After 6 cruises, and 68 nights, this will likely be our last Spirit cruise for a few years, and obviously it will be a very different ship if and when we do get back.

Some great memories and great friends.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, casofilia said:

I hope you didn't leave too much mess for them to clean up!!

Mike

They were cleaning up very well yesterday.

We got away with any major dry dock reconstruction, but it was slim pickings at the bars last night as they were running sticks right down.

Work is certainly starting this morning. Deliveries by crane and the basketball court is being dismantled.

6D0F346B-8356-4ACF-B1D3-6B4DCA2B7DA2.jpeg

FD9917A9-A177-44CF-9194-5A24CDACE5A4.jpeg

Enjoyed the Spirit outta NYC quite a few years ago. Wonderful ship. Great nightclub downstairs. I remember a full suckling pig roast up by mask bar above pool. Heineken draft beer. Enjoyed it for an 11 night cruise so much fun we enjoyed it again the next year. January cruises include New Year’s Eve. Great little ship.

Taking a first cruise on her after dry dock: Japan in November.  I am really excited to see the updates. Seems it will be as nice as the Mega ships but more intimate, a great combination. 

Edited by Nola26
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I fear her unique Asian decor is going to completely disappear after this. There was a hallway I'm sure will go. The ship's LeBistro which was an after thought might actually fit in with the rest of the ship post-refurb though. I loved the Spirit when it sailed out of Boston. Took her twice to Bermuda and then once on a mystery cruise out of New Orleans (hurricane caused that). She had the best crew, CD and Captain at the time! Heck, the last time I sailed on her Klaus was filling in for the HD and he was the unlucky one to have to deal with the irate passengers who didn't like being stuck at sea for extra days due to weather! Great ship with great memories for me. She'll be missed.

Greetings from South Beach. We and two friends sailed the Spirit in 2006 on an 11 day cruise soon after she was relocated from Asia to the US. We four occupied a pair of extremely luxurious suites at the end of a hallway lined with staterooms. Instead of a private restaurant, we got several complementary invitations to specialty restaurants and dined with officers once. Otherwise, it was the MDR. We had no designated deck chairs and used the same ones as everyone else. Since we avoid the sun, it wasn't too hard to find space. Still, the lounge hogs were aboard in force. One sea day morning at 7:30am,  I saw stuff piled on chaise loungers already.

Mary

Edited by warburg
word change

We sailed in her in the Med in 2013.  No overnight  in Istanbul but did go there.  It was wonderful.  We also had an awesome roll call which made it all the better.  Loved Cagney's.  Hope to sail once again.  What are the major plans for her? 

So the refurbishment is really happening?!?

I just booked this morning for 2020 Christmas and NYE !!! We are excited  to hear about the refurbishment but never been on any Norwegian even though this is our 10th cruise 😊 

Any info or reviews about Spirit is appreciated 😊

Thanks! 

Has anyone seen new deck plans? I read the press release but I can´t locate all mentioned venues. There´s written that there will be a new third (!) MDR (Taste) but where? Onda can either replace La Cucina (in the buffet restaurant) or take the space of the sushi / Asian restaurant.

steamboats

3 hours ago, steamboats said:

Has anyone seen new deck plans? I read the press release but I can´t locate all mentioned venues. There´s written that there will be a new third (!) MDR (Taste) but where? Onda can either replace La Cucina (in the buffet restaurant) or take the space of the sushi / Asian restaurant.

steamboats

I'd also love to see the new deck plans, as we are scheduled to sail the refurbished ship in March.

Thanks, in anticipation, if anyone has access.....google didn't deliver, on this occasion!

I’m looking forward to trying the Spirit in November. I didn’t like many aspects of the ship in 2006 when we sailed from NY to the Caribbean. Rock hard tiny beds, uncomfortable little chairs everywhere. I loved the outdoor areas though. The redesign looks very grey but elegant.

Edited by Zippeedee

On 1/2/2020 at 7:48 AM, KeithJenner said:

Just waiting to get off the Spirit after the final cruise before dry dock.

After 6 cruises, and 68 nights, this will likely be our last Spirit cruise for a few years, and obviously it will be a very different ship if and when we do get back.

Some great memories and great friends.

We are scheduled to be sailing on Spirit in March, and looking (belatedly) to book some specialty dining. Can you give me a rough indication of what the show times were on your cruise please?

Thanks.