New Celebrity promotion

Slyfox16

25 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes it's supposed to apply.

I hope it's better than current promo. I booked during veterans day with 4 perks added and looking to upgrade but prices are now higher. Sailing the med on the new Apex in May.

Would love any insight into what this promo could be as we are looking to book a drop and go at the worst possible time (dang spring break!) hahahaha....prices are ridiculous right now for drop and go.  We are newer to Celebrity but have done last minute (within 3 months) booking on RCCL before with no problem but apparently that doesn't translate to Celebrity.  Now we know!

1 hour ago, Slyfox16 said:

Does anyone know anything about a new promotion that is supposed to start Thursday and if it will apply  to April's TA?

April of what year?The current promotion saved us $1500 on our April TA this year.  

The promo which starts tomorrow is all 4 perks included but the price will go up as the double savings affecting the pricing today will end of if you are in a balcony you can expect the price to go up $200 but instead of 1 "free" perk it will be 4 "free" perks.   Must be NRD and will include cruises through 5/2022.  Of course the daily price fluctuation may effect the actual price tomorrow for each cruise.   My expectation is that you probably won't do better than the Veterans day sale given current pricing.

This is my understanding. 

• Thanks 1

I did the math and came to the conclusion that 3 perks + $800 savings was a better deal than 4 perks + $400 savings.  The cost for the premium drink package upgrade and gratuities for 7 days only totaled $378.  It also reduces the amount due at final payment, and I don't need to upgrade the drink package should I decide I don't want to.

2 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

I did the math and came to the conclusion that 3 perks + $800 savings was a better deal than 4 perks + $400 savings.  The cost for the premium drink package upgrade and gratuities for 7 days only totaled $378.  It also reduces the amount due at final payment, and I don't need to upgrade the drink package should I decide I don't want to.

I have seen some 4 perk offers in the past where the offer included the Classic Beverage package not the Premium.  If that's the case with this new promo you mad a even better decision.

The flyer I have says Premium Beverage package is included.  One thing to check is which rate is it that includes the 4Perks.  Is it the lowest price NRD which today only comes with 1 Perk or is it the "Best Value" NRD rate which today is coming with 3perks?

Here are the T&C from the flyer

It’s All Included | 4 PerksCruise must be booked 1/09-22/20 (the “Offer Period”). Offer applies to select 2020 Holiday sailings departing Feb 2020-May 03, 2022.Full deposit must be paid by deposit payment required due date. Standard full deposit penalty is applied if booking is cancelled within final payment period; see Celebrity’s cancellation policy for details.Non-Refundable Deposit: To qualify for the Offer, guest must choose a non-refundable deposit. Non-refundable deposit booking (“NRDB”) cancelled prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit minus a $100 per person service fee. FCC is non-transferable and expires after 12-months from issue date. $100 per person service fee applies to changes to NRDB ship or sail date. Applicable to Groups by booking as Individual (FIT) bookings and transferring into a group. Not applicable to incentive, contract, or charter groups. Nonrefundable deposit offers are not applicable to sailings within final payment. Four Perks Included Offer: Each of the first two guests in an inside through AquaClass® stateroom receive four amenities: Premium Beverage Package, Unlimited Internet Package, Prepaid Gratuities, and $150 per person onboard credit (“OBC”). Promo codes are not required. Guests with Internet Packages will receive instructions for Internet access in their staterooms on the first day of the cruise. OBC: Guests’ onboard account will be credited with an OBC. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise. Prepaid Gratuities option provides for prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter, and headwaiter gratuities in the amount suggested by Celebrity’s guidelines. Gratuities will be applied to the reservation within 10 days of booking date. Cruise Fare Savings Offer: Savings amounts are per person and vary by stateroom category: $100 for inside, and ocean view; $200 for veranda, Concierge Class and AquaClass®; $500 for Suites. Offer applies to first two guests in the stateroom and will be applied automatically. 50% Off Cruise Fares Offer: Applies to the cruise fare of third, fourth and fifth passengers, booked in any stateroom category, except AquaClass®.Offer is capacity controlled; availability varies by sailing, and eligible staterooms may sell out. All offers are non-transferable and applicable only to the Offer Cruise. Offer is not combinable with Exciting Deals, Interline, Senior, Loyalty, Resident, Net, Travel Partner or Employee Rates. No refunds or credits will be granted for unused options. Offer and prices are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and not applicable to charters or contracted groups. Single occupancy bookings are eligible for the Offer. Changes to booking may result in removal of Offer. Travel Agents: Group bookings that are named prior to the start date of the Offer cannot be cancelled and rebooked under this Offer.Refer to Cruise Ticket Contract for additional terms and conditions. Celebrity reserves the right to cancel the Offer at any time, correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice. ©2019 Celebrity Cruises. Ships’ registry: Malta and Ecuado

We grabbed a price drop with 4 perks (premium beverage) during the Veterans' Day sale for our May 21 Solstice sailing. I have checked all the price drops and promotions since then and I still have not found a better price including all 4 perks. I did find a price for 3 perks that would have been about a $150 savings, but since it didn't include premium beverage, it wasn't really a good deal since that upgrade is worth about $100. We don't particularly care about the unlimited internet perk, but for $50 we'll keep it. 

I just mock-booked our April 2021 Apex sailing under the new promotion:

We currently have a cat. 10 Deluxe Inside with 500$ OBC, prepaid gratuities and the Classic beverage package, booked during the Black Friday promotion - admittedly at a VERY good price.

The current promotion would change that to 300$ OBC, prepaid gratuities, Premium beverage package and unlimited wifi, but that would cost us $177,30.

For this increase, we would lose 200$ OBC, but get Premium instead of Classic beverage package (we're both non-alcoholic drinkers, so no real worth to us) and unlimited wifi (which was abysmal on Edge in December, so not worth many cents for us either).

In our opinion, wifi and C->P beverage package upgrade is NOT worth almost 400$, so that's a no thanks from us.

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Thanks 1

I just looked at our Aug 2021 Infinity booking to see any difference. We booked during Thanksgiving week a 11th deck AQ with Prepaid Tips and CBP, also got $200 OBC. Today we would  get 3 perks  OBC for $150, CBP and tips for $330pp more than we booked,  Now, with today's 4 Perk deal and the PBP we would have to pay $750pp more to get the Prem. Bev upgrade, Wifi (Not interested in WIFI) and only $150 OBC. So to me unless I am missing something this is not a deal at all.

Edited by terrydtx

29 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I just looked at our Aug 2021 Infinity booking to see any difference. We booked during Thanksgiving week a 11th deck AQ with Prepaid Tips and CBP, also got $200 OBC. Today we would  get 3 perks  OBC for $150, CBP and tips for $330pp more than we booked,  Now, with today's 4 Perk deal and the PBP we would have to pay $750pp more to get the Prem. Bev upgrade, Wifi (Not interested in WIFI) and only $150 OBC. So to me unless I am missing something this is not a deal at all.

Actually I was wrong about how much more I would have to pay with this "Sale".  After doing a mock booking just now, the 3 perk deal would cost $635pp more and the 4 perks deal $985pp more. How can X call this a promo or sale? I will keep my booking as it is, that's a no brainer.

• Like 1

Interesting “sale”

Just checked on my friends oceanview cabin price ( she has 2 perks included originally) and the stateroom only without perks increased by $350 .

With the add on sale it’s $900 more!!! 
We are past the paid in full date. I was hoping to see a drop. 

I have yet to see the deal we booked on Black Friday with 4 perks. 

7 minutes ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

I check pricing every morning, and the cost for my cruise went WAY up this morning for the promotion.  The price has increased $760/pp since the veterans day sale.  A $1520 increase is just NUTS!!!

I just repriced with a mock booking for my Apex May cruise to the Mediterranean my cabin category has gone up by $1,973 and that's not including the extra $200 obc we got in addition to 4 perks. We booked in August repriced with 4 perks on veterans day then repriced again a week later with a price drop and kept all the offers. 

1 minute ago, drakes2 said:

I just repriced with a mock booking for my Apex May cruise to the Mediterranean my cabin category has gone up by $1,973 and that's not including the extra $200 obc we got in addition to 4 perks. We booked in August repriced with 4 perks on veterans day then repriced again a week later with a price drop and kept all the offers. 

I actually just updated my post.  I forgot to calculate the cost with the 4 perks so it is up $1,000/pp, and now that you mention it, I forgot Celebrity was offering the OBC too during that sale that I have on my booking.  

I guess people must be drinking the "kool-aid" and paying these prices.  

I just repriced my Edge cruise for Jan, 2022. I got the 4 perks, which includes the premium drinks for 2, and pre paid grats and actually saved an additional $200.00 on the cruise. This was for AQ1. We had the 3 for free previously which we booked on board. I also kept the $200.00 extra OBC for booking on board. I am one happy camper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Knowing this sale was starting today, last night I did a mock booking for a March 2021 Apex cruise.  The price with four perks did drop by about $250 PP from yesterday.  Still more than I want to pay, but depending on the sale under which you booked, there's probably the opportunity for some people to save.

• Thanks 1