how much xmas music must we endure during the first two weeks of december on celebrity?

retired dude

thinking of sailing on the constellation during the first two weeks of december and was wondering  how much xmas music is played in the lounges during the cruise...forgive us, but not our cup of tea.. Please only helpful comments would apply. thanks much. Also wanted to know when the xmas decorations are put on display. thanks again

Christmas decorations on X vessels starting going up right after Thanksgiving. I always cruise the first part of December because I enjoy the festive decorations but don't ever recall any Christmas music being played. Perhaps it does happen on December 24th - 25th.

We sailed twice over Christmas.

The only time I recall Christmas &/or Holiday music playing was during special events.

They create a passenger & crew choir who performed a couple of times…

Generally speaking, you will see many officers, including the captain, joining the choir.

If I recall properly, the choir performed in the atrium and only during the actual Christmas sailings.  

We frequently cruise in early December, almost always on Celebrity. There may be Christmas music on the public background music that plays in public areas day and night, but it is so unobtrusive one hardly notices it. Noise from passengers and ship activities tends to drown out background music anyway. Holiday music is certainly not a major part of early December cruising.

We are usually on board a X ship during that time period. From Thanksgiving onward you will notice increasing decorations appearing daily (elves are busy overnight in the wee hours). While there is some Christmas music it's generally the soft background type, not incessant and definitely not annoyingly playing the same track on blast like the shopping malls at home. The shows during the first two weeks in December aren't Christmas focused and I don't remember any of the entertainment that contained the Christmas music.

Edited by Luvcrusn

thanks so much for the great info from everyone...We are elite status with celebrity, but have not sailed  them for a number of years...We got stuck on rccl for quite awhile and we want to see the refurb on the connie and sailing out of tampa is great for us..we like to go to the lounges before or after dinner and listen to some music, and i just did not know if they would play a bunch or any xmas stuff....Decorations are fine, but i just like nice dance music if it is offered without the xmas stuff thrown in. thanks again for all the help.

On edge, Christmas 2018, the Christmas music was unendurable, part of my extremely negative memory of that cruise.  It was all techno remixes of standards, played at high volume, with an electronic beat.  There was no escaping that incessant noise.

f-f-f-f-rosty the (boom boom) sn-sn-sn-sn-snowman (boom boom boom boom) etc

On other ships, there has been Christmas music intermixed with their usual soundtracks, but not offensively.  

10 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

On edge, Christmas 2018, the Christmas music was unendurable, part of my extremely negative memory of that cruise.  It was all techno remixes of standards, played at high volume, with an electronic beat.  There was no escaping that incessant noise.

f-f-f-f-rosty the (boom boom) sn-sn-sn-sn-snowman (boom boom boom boom) etc

On other ships, there has been Christmas music intermixed with their usual soundtracks, but not offensively.  

So, you're telling me that *everywhere* on the ship there was loud Christmas music?  Where do I sign up?

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 1

Anyone have a guess when they start Xmas music?  My cruise is just 12/14 to 12/23 so not sure if we will hear anything.  Maybe we'll just get Xmas decorations.  I enjoy listening to seasonal music that time of year.  Didn't get to listen to it from age 10 to 18.  So now I enjoy it.

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Anyone have a guess when they start Xmas music?  My cruise is just 12/14 to 12/23 so not sure if we will hear anything.  Maybe we'll just get Xmas decorations.  I enjoy listening to seasonal music that time of year.  Didn't get to listen to it from age 10 to 18.  So now I enjoy it.

We cruised on Millennium from 7th - 22nd Dec and there was only very occasional Christmas music to be heard.

Decorations were out though so it had a Christmas feel, but nothing really noticeable on the music.

I've often cruised at that time of year and have not noticed any Xmas music.   Maybe I just didn't notice but I can tell you while at home I'm inundated with it everywhere from the Grocery Store to the Mall and I definitely get worn out by it.

4 hours ago, retired dude said:

thinking of sailing on the constellation during the first two weeks of december and was wondering  how much xmas music is played in the lounges during the cruise...forgive us, but not our cup of tea.. Please only helpful comments would apply. thanks much. Also wanted to know when the xmas decorations are put on display. thanks again

Maybe the best solution is stay home and you won't have to listen to anything that's "not your cup of tea".

Many of us do enjoy Christmas music and decorations during the season.

• Like 2