Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

57 minutes ago, SunLakesBob said:

Allen, Congratulations. Can you provide the specifics on how to file with the FMC? I went out to their web site which appears to focus on shipping.

I also filed a complaint with the FMC. Here's the instructions for what to do: https://www.fmc.gov/commission-advisory-for-cruise-passengers-june-17-2020/

They replied with an email asking me to fill out a form, so you don't have to put too much detail in the initial email. After I filled out and returned the form, I was assigned a case worker and case number. Nothing else has happened, though.

They currently have an open investigation of the cruise lines regarding refunds. You can read about it, and also provide input: https://www.fmc.gov/fact-finding-30/

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I attempted Live Chat today, just to see if there has been ANY progress on my booking from March....I got a helpful agent who actually took the time to look at the booking rather than try to fob me off with the usual canned responses that we have all heard a hundred times. According to the agent, my refund began processing June 23rd...he confirmed the amounts and they match my records exactly. So, MAYBE, mine is finally getting done? Day 108 today...

My agent confirmed the amounts with Princess in April and they still screwed up the amounts when they refunded it. Though this was before they started processing it. Hopefully yours is processed and will be released soon. Fingers crossed for you!

I was lucky to get a good rep last Saturday on the phone. He also went through everything with me and also realized I was short. I really appreciated his time, effort and professionalism as opposed to just passing me off.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, CJinSF said:

I also filed a complaint with the FMC. Here's the instructions for what to do: https://www.fmc.gov/commission-advisory-for-cruise-passengers-june-17-2020/

They replied with an email asking me to fill out a form, so you don't have to put too much detail in the initial email. After I filled out and returned the form, I was assigned a case worker and case number. Nothing else has happened, though.

They currently have an open investigation of the cruise lines regarding refunds. You can read about it, and also provide input: https://www.fmc.gov/fact-finding-30/

Yup, that's what I did.  Thanks CJ.

41 minutes ago, Coral said:

My agent confirmed the amounts with Princess in April and they still screwed up the amounts when they refunded it. Though this was before they started processing it. Hopefully yours is processed and will be released soon. Fingers crossed for you!

I was lucky to get a good rep last Saturday on the phone. He also went through everything with me and also realized I was short. I really appreciated his time, effort and professionalism as opposed to just passing me off.

Yeah - I'm not getting my hopes up too much. I was told at the beginning of May that it had been processed on April 29th but that was obviously not correct...lol. 

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

I attempted Live Chat today, just to see if there has been ANY progress on my booking from March....I got a helpful agent who actually took the time to look at the booking rather than try to fob me off with the usual canned responses that we have all heard a hundred times. According to the agent, my refund began processing June 23rd...he confirmed the amounts and they match my records exactly. So, MAYBE, mine is finally getting done? Day 108 today...

Good news -- happy to hear that there may be a light at the end of the tunnel for you.  Can you please tell me where you found "Live Chat"?  I think I might attempt that avenue.  Thanks.

Just now, Italy52 said:

Good news -- happy to hear that there may be a light at the end of the tunnel for you.  Can you please tell me where you found "Live Chat"?  I think I might attempt that avenue.  Thanks.

It's on the Princess.com site - go to the booking screen and look down toward the bottom. It is green. If it's not showing, it means it's not available. It appears and disappears sporadically...lol

• Like 1

Just now, ceilidh1 said:

It's on the Princess.com site - go to the booking screen and look down toward the bottom. It is green. If it's not showing, it means it's not available. It appears and disappears sporadically...lol

Thanks much!

2 minutes ago, voljeep said:

don't get too excited - when I've used the 'chat' feature, it was like that is a training ground for Princess reps before they can answer the phone calls ...🏁

99% of the time, I feel the same way. There is 1% where I feel the agent knew what they were talking about....or they were just really good at pretending to know! LOL

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Yeah - I'm not getting my hopes up too much. I was told at the beginning of May that it had been processed on April 29th but that was obviously not correct...lol. 

The rep I spoke to yesterday told me “a big refund was processed 6/24”. But when I asked the amount he told me he couldn’t say and I would have to ask my TA.  Well, I did and she doesn’t have the ability to see those numbers.  😂😂😂😂.   And nothing is showing yet in the bank.

So maybe I have my refund coming.  🤞🏻Or maybe it is just more creative speak from Princess. 🤷‍♀️

Meanwhile, I asked my TA to re-fare my two upcoming Jan. 2021 cruises as the Princess price online has dropped below her discounted price.  And she tells me she cannot see that pricing, so I sent screenshots.  Seems nobody knows anything anymore.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

image.thumb.png.27ddd4917fdab6e5418fdf4f3c5fbaf7.png

Well, I finally was able to get a "Live Chat" agent.  Got one answer but still a lot of unknowns.  Time will tell, thanks again for pointing me in another direction

So I just chatted and was told that my refunds were processed today (!) and are on their way to my Barclay card.  Since I filed a dispute and temporary credits already show on my account, will those just drop off when I get the real credits? Just trying to figure out how I'll know when I've been refunded for real.

3 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I have some very encouraging news for those who need to cancel a cruise for the distant future. It seems like Princess may have re-automated the refund process for those cruises because some friends just got their deposit refunds for a December cruise in a week!! 

Good to know - I have 2 future bookings that I'm considering ditching prior to final payment. Thanks!

• Like 1

Refund update

Booked direct with Princess

Alaska August 2020

Cancelled 20 March

Deposit cc expired May

Princess advised I couldn't update my cc details.

Was told I would receive a cheque in the mail.

Hubby just checked our new cc balance.

Full deposit refund of over $1k has been refunded to new cc.

Thank you Princess.

Good luck to those of you still waiting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Refund update

Booked direct with Princess

Alaska August 2020

Cancelled 20 March

Deposit cc expired May

Princess advised I couldn't update my cc details.

Was told I would receive a cheque in the mail.

Hubby just checked our new cc balance.

Full deposit refund of over $1k has been refunded to new cc.

Thank you Princess.

Good luck to those of you still waiting.

I had forgotten that our initial deposits for our cruise were paid on a different card than final payment. The card used for the deposit was an old number as we had upgraded the card to a different perks level and we also now have a new expiry date but somehow those credits showed on our credit card account. The credit card company back end must have some way to follow the trail when refunds are posted to old account numbers. 

I was so caught off guard that at first I didn’t realize they were credits and thought Princess had charged us money for something we didn’t buy!

and bonus- the exchange rate we got was excellent on the USD to CDN conversion. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12th May 2020 Sydney World Cruise on Sea Princess

Has anyone received a refund for this cruise?

We have noticed that people receiving refunds for August cruises but we are at the over 100 days since cancellation and so far no contact or interest from Princess. All they can say is BE PATIENT and we UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION. And they are stlll saying that they are refunding in sailing date order. Our 51 nights cruise was due to disembark in Dover this coming Thursday and we will glad when this is over as it is so far proving a very profitable cruise for Princess.

1 minute ago, trvlwrld said:

I really don’t understand why refunds are being given to so many people from May-June-July-August,etc when those of us in Match and April have received nothing!!!

One word GREED

My thoughts are that most of the later cruises are just for smaller deposits and not full payments (US$27.5K in our case)