Cruises after 4/10/2020

pearle1

6 minutes ago, Cafedumonde said:

Just want to clarify... we have a cruise in June.  Regular cancellation policy for June, right?  We are not planning on canceling but just curious.  We might want to switch it to another cruise during the same time period just because, not because of the virus stuff.

Just regular still.

Expect a new cancel policy when this one runs out, but not yet.

• Like 1

Just asking 

technically could carnival sail around home port for 7 days and call that the cruise 

what I am asking is does the fine print allow them to do that

Since the President has stated that anyone who travels internationally may not get to return to the U.S. I would think that kills any chance of cruising in the near future. I have a booking on April 9 and I don't think that will happen. I hope Carnival will clarify soon.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Just regular still.

Expect a new cancel policy when this one runs out, but not yet.

I think they did modify the cancellation policy, didn’t they?  A lot has happened since then, but last week they said that for summer cruises, you can cancel up to 30 days in advance and receive your penalty in FCC to be used in one year.  Without this revised policy, you would simply lose that penalty. I think there is also a $50 or $100 OBC if you sail as scheduled. I have a June cruise booked and that is what I have been going on. Hopefully I am not mistaken. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, momin05 said:

I just checked and I did receive an email stating what I said above for my June cruise. 

Oh wow, thanks for checking.  I was wondering about this.  We are booked through a big box ta and never get any email information.  So basically 30 days before cruise to cancel.  Makes no difference to me if it is cash or credit because we will be cruising.

On 3/16/2020 at 5:14 PM, pearle1 said:

With the uncertainty of what is going on ~ I can not help but wonder if carnival will resume April 10th, or do you think they will cancel future cruises ~ I am booked at the end of April ~ likely going to cancel and rebook ~ but, if Carnival decides to cancel I am wondering if it is better to wait and see what they offer.  (as the one I am cancelling was an excellent rate, and any future cruise I book will be a lot more money for the same cruise)  ~ Just looking for opinions ~ thanks ! 

Sorry, but I don't think they will resume, just my opinion though.

Edited by mouche

16 minutes ago, UGACamper said:

Anyone else notice that Carnival removed April and May cruises from the booking site today?

Still there when I pull it up, really cheap prices too, although I don't think they will be back by April.

Edited by mouche

21 minutes ago, mouche said:

Still there when I pull it up, really cheap prices too, although I don't think they will be back by April.

Same here, although the really cheap prices are for upper/lowers.  Add $32.50 pp per day for a regular interior.

16 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Same here, although the really cheap prices are for upper/lowers.  Add $32.50 pp per day for a regular interior.

I'd climb the ladder to the top bunk for a cheap cruise!   Beats being trapped in my house or work or fighting the crowds in the grocery stores. 😂

• Like 1

Just now, Florings said:

I'd climb the ladder to the top bunk for a cheap cruise!   Beats being trapped in my house or work or fighting the crowds in the grocery stores. 😂

I have been tempted myself, but would hold out for a sofa bed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Unless it's a really old ship, most have a single bed and sofa bed, some are larger with port holes.

If you believe all 1As are upper and lowers you are missing out.

In fact for instance on conquest class the 1A mid ship, deck, 6 7 and 8 have two twins that push together. I'm usually torn better these on nice high decks or one that is larger with ports holes, but you walk more.

I had yet another TA know it all when I saw one on the Panama cruise for a great price, insist i was wrong... it might be a upper and lower. I said i have actually stayed in  that cabin! She wasnt budging and none in our group would share the cabin after a TA says it's a upper and lower. Who would believe me over a TA. Grrrr. It was a group of solo women travelers. I didnt want to pay 200%, but TA won. 

Say 1A if you dont know.. a lot do know and can take it from there depending on ship class.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Unless it's a really old ship, most have a single bed and sofa bed, some are larger with port holes.

In fact for instance on conquest class the 1A mid ship, deck, 6 7 and 8 have two twins that push together. I'm usually torn better these on nice high decks or one that is larger with ports holes, but you walk more.

I had yet another TA know it all when I saw one on the Panama cruise for a great price, insist i was wrong... it might be a upper and lower. I said i have actually stayed in  that cabin! She wasnt budging and none in our group would share the cabin after a TA says it's a upper and lower. Who would believe me over a TA. Grrrr. It was a group of solo women travelers. I didnt want to pay 200%, but TA won. 

Say 1A if you dont know.. a lot do know and can take it from there depending on ship class.

That is good to know, thank you very much!  I am having cruise withdrawal already and will be looking for as many as possible when things are looking better, so that might make a difference.

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/360760-1a-cabins-on-carnival-merged-threads/

Edited by jeremyosborne81

13 hours ago, MURCOTT said:

I had never heard this term "luv Voucher" before you mentioned it. In checking Southwest site I can't find out how I'd be able to get the voucher in this case. It mentions being bumped from a flight and being issued one by SW. Have you got any info. on how it would work with Travel Funds that will expire before the date of the new trip?

Thanks for telling us about this.

I actually found out about it from my own research when I had a trip get canceled due to a hurricane. Once your travel fund expire, call Southwest and ask for it. You will have six months to use the voucher:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Travel-Policies/Extending-Expiration-Date-for-Unused-Travel-Funds/td-p/53293

5 minutes ago, tidecat said:

I actually found out about it from my own research when I had a trip get canceled due to a hurricane. Once your travel fund expire, call Southwest and ask for it. You will have six months to use the voucher:

https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Travel-Policies/Extending-Expiration-Date-for-Unused-Travel-Funds/td-p/53293

Thank you so much, you've been very helpful. I will do just that when the time comes. Nothing to lose by asking for it.:classic_happy:

8 hours ago, JGB said:

Just asking 

technically could carnival sail around home port for 7 days and call that the cruise 

what I am asking is does the fine print allow them to do that

No.  Cruises to no where are no longer allowed.  That's why they stopped doing the three day cruises to no where.