Cruises after 4/10/2020

pearle1

13 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

Our 4/10 Spirit cruise was just cancelled, as we figured it would be.  Still trying to figure things out but we'll probably wait a bit before we decide what to do.

Only that cruise? 
we have a 4/10 cruise on the Inspiration,

but no word on cancellations yet?

We received the OBC email for our May 16th cruise. Is there a difference how Carnival refunds your money if they cancel the cruise? Would we get a full refund if they cancel? I know if I cancel before the March 31st deadline I will receive FCC. I want my money back instead of FCC. Thanks 

I see news reports that "we ain't seen nothin' yet." When the virus takes hold in California there will be no room in hospitals for the seriously ill, and no place to stash the infected carriers in isolation. Cue the cruise ships. Plans are being drawn up to dock or anchor up and down the coast. Carnival's Chairman thoughtfully offered the company's ships if needed by the government.

I do hope for a miracle to stop the virus in its tracks, but we all need to accept the actuality of masses of people being infected. 

Edited by Moviela

7 hours ago, Moviela said:

I see news reports that "we ain't seen nothin' yet." When the virus takes hold in California there will be no room in hospitals for the seriously ill, and no place to stash the infected carriers in isolation. Cue the cruise ships. Plans are being drawn up to dock or anchor up and down the coast. Carnival's Chairman thoughtfully offered the company's ships if needed by the government.

I do hope for a miracle to stop the virus in its tracks, but we all need to accept the actuality of masses of people being infected. 

As a retired RN, I have realized this, and am amazed at some of the delusional people that continue to book in April, May, and even June for cruises. This is not some “cold” we need to get rid of. It is killing whole populations. And it will PEAK by mid April, not be gone. I don’t see how the cruise lines can sail starting April 11. If I don’t hear from Carnival by March 30, I will be cancelling, and praying that if I book a cruise in January with my FCC, that there is still a cruise line sailing at all, after this pandemic and subsequent economic and financial disaster to all business, but especially those in the travel industry.

• Like 1

Cancelled my April 11 cruise today. "Penalty" amount moved to FCC, must cruise within one year of original cruise leave date. The rest of the money; excursions, gratuities, port fees, etc., returned to  original form of payment. Lost the Vacation Protection fee but that was expected.

Carnival is the only major cruise line to suspend sailings for 30 days and not 60 days making it very very difficult to manage money and future cruises and adding to the stress already suffered by everyone.  I had planed a cruise with family and friends for May 2.  Some of us are in the vulnerable group.  It will be very difficult to reschedule and coordinate everyone.  In addition the restricted time frame for rebooking, limited availability , higher prices clearly put the burden on the customers / the Carnival guests.

We would like a full refund, releasing our money to re-book when the timeframe and cost work for us. 

I ask why did the other cruise lines suspend sailings for 60 days and Carnival only 30 days?   Are their guests not entitled to the SAME options as Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Princess and other cruisers?   

Edited by luv4cruises

1 hour ago, luv4cruises said:

Carnival is the only major cruise line to suspend sailings for 30 days and not 60 days making it very very difficult to manage money and future cruises and adding to the stress already suffered by everyone.  I had planed a cruise with family and friends for May 2.  Some of us are in the vulnerable group.  It will be very difficult to reschedule and coordinate everyone.  In addition the restricted time frame for rebooking, limited availability , higher prices clearly put the burden on the customers / the Carnival guests.

We would like a full refund, releasing our money to re-book when the timeframe and cost work for us. 

I ask why did the other cruise lines suspend sailings for 60 days and Carnival only 30 days?   Are their guests not entitled to the SAME options as Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Princess and other cruisers?   

Unless I’m mistaken, I believe most lines were approximately 30 days including those outside of the Carnival Corporation portfolio of brands. Viking had the initial 60 day suspension with Princess, a Carnival brand, also having a 60 day suspension. To my knowledge, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian accommodated passengers with only a 30 day suspension.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, luv4cruises said:

Agreed.  We want a full refund as well.  And on that note, surprisingly enough I called Carnival directly just now and have gotten through to THREE different agents in a matter of seconds and EACH SINGLE ONE OF THEM hung up on me when I asked for a refund and one claimed their entire system went down and told me to hang up and call another agent and the third one has now put me on hold - SERIOUSLY!!!!???? They are willing to help me when it comes to my cruise but the second I mention cancelling I get this treatment. THIS AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE CARNIVAL!!!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stvntra said:

Agreed.  We want a full refund as well.  And on that note, surprisingly enough I called Carnival directly just now and have gotten through to THREE different agents in a matter of seconds and EACH SINGLE ONE OF THEM hung up on me when I asked for a refund and one claimed their entire system went down and told me to hang up and call another agent and the third one has now put me on hold - SERIOUSLY!!!!???? They are willing to help me when it comes to my cruise but the second I mention cancelling I get this treatment. THIS AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE CARNIVAL!!!!

Who did you book with?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stvntra said:

I completely understand your frustration and aggravation, been there done that with my 4-4 cruise that was eventually cancelled by Carnival. I would like to defend the Carnival agents manning the phone lines, your cruise is scheduled for May 10th, they have no way to give you what you want, cancellation with a full refund. I probably would hang up on you too as you are understandably upset but there is nothing they can do for you if you are insisting on a full refund today. 

The only thing they can do for you right now is cancel your cruise and give you 50% of your cruise fare as a FCC, the rest will be issued as a refund but keep in mind it could take up to 90 days and probably will. If Carnival does eventually cancel you can request a full refund then but again, it could take up to 90 days.

I know this not what you want and I agree, it is not good customer service. Unfortunately right now Carnival and their employees along with lots of other corporations and small businesses are in survival mode. It is going take an undetermined amount of time for the health crises to sort itself out and for businesses and life in general to return to normal. 

I do sympathize with your plight, I rescheduled for July 25th and could very well be back in that boat in a few months. If I was confident I would get a full refund in a timely manner I would seriously consider it but I think that ship has sailed. Good luck to you and I hope in the end everything works out to your satisfaction. 

20 hours ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Only that cruise? 
we have a 4/10 cruise on the Inspiration,

but no word on cancellations yet?

Carnival Spirit 4/10 (Honolulu to Vancouver) and 4/20 have been cancelled - we just received official notification Friday night.  It's been based in Australia and was supposed to reposition up to Vancouver to start doing Alaska cruises.  Canada has closed all their ports to ships larger than 500 passengers until July.

Edited by cruisemom2

47 minutes ago, stvntra said:

My personal Carnival PVP.

Why is not this person taking care of this issue do you?  We have cancelled many, many cabins with refunds the last 4 weeks and hVe never been hung up on.   

Cant wait to get on board. Yes there difficulties at the moment But my spirit is high as never. I wonder what other people feel about their upcoming cruise. Hope they are ready to go on a cruise. Hope they wont get canceled like others did..in any case I expect it to be postponed for a month or something. In any case, keep you spirit high guys. I am sure everything will be alright 

• Like 1

Yup. Our 4/20 to Alaska on Spirit was cancelled. I had been shopping backup cruises, so Saturday morning I was able to call and get setup in about an hour. We went from an interior obstructed view to an extended balcony on a Western Caribbean itinerary. Ended up being even cheaper so we had $93 on top of the $600 from CCL. 

I will definitely be in good *spirits* when this trip gets here. 

• Like 1

We usually book a minimum of 7 days....

but we are taking our son to the Monster Truck Finals in Orlando... so only a 5 day would fit.

May 4th on the Ecstacy.

Sadly I do not see either happening now that Talladega has been cancelled .

😪

Sorry to say Canceled our May 3rd cruise today. Re booked for August out of San Juan. Last time we tried San Juan was Sept 2017 and was chased by 2 hurricanes for 10 days. Cost was right on credit from May sailing and the Airline ticket was reasonable after their credit and no fee's. Good luck to all

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, phoneman69 said:

Sorry to say Canceled our May 3rd cruise today. Re booked for August out of San Juan. Last time we tried San Juan was Sept 2017 and was chased by 2 hurricanes for 10 days. Cost was right on credit from May sailing and the Airline ticket was reasonable after their credit and no fee's. Good luck to all

When did Carnival cancel your May 3rd cruise?   We are on the Breeze on 4/25 and I haven’t heard of any cancellations after 4/9.   Did I miss something?

57 minutes ago, maryandmarge said:

When did Carnival cancel your May 3rd cruise?   We are on the Breeze on 4/25 and I haven’t heard of any cancellations after 4/9.   Did I miss something?

It sounds like they cancelled the cruise, not Carnival.

11 hours ago, maryandmarge said:

We canceled the sailing not Carnival. More like we rescheduled it until August. Took advantage of the no penalty clause. 

16 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Why is not this person taking care of this issue do you?  We have cancelled many, many cabins with refunds the last 4 weeks and hVe never been hung up on.   

I wish I could tell you.  He's the one who actually told me I had only until the end of March to cancel, but when I did get through to the one person at Carnival who helped me yesterday, she said I actually have until April 11th to cancel.  He is the 2nd PVP we've used over the years and neither he, nor the first PVP was ever very helpful.  Is there a way to get a new PVP or is it just a random draw when you call to book a cruise? I would love to use someone who was good and took care of their customers.

18 minutes ago, stvntra said:

I wish I could tell you.  He's the one who actually told me I had only until the end of March to cancel, but when I did get through to the one person at Carnival who helped me yesterday, she said I actually have until April 11th to cancel.  He is the 2nd PVP we've used over the years and neither he, nor the first PVP was ever very helpful.  Is there a way to get a new PVP or is it just a random draw when you call to book a cruise? I would love to use someone who was good and took care of their customers.

I do not want to get into peoples decisions on how to book, but another option is using a TA.  Good luck.