Cruises after 4/10/2020

pearle1

I was just looking into my options regarding a June cruise to Alaska we have booked. When I go to Carnival's page and see the health and sailing update section, the part that had the "Choose fun with confidence" is no longer there. Anyone know if these options are not available any longer?

Just now, jules7883 said:

I was just looking into my options regarding a June cruise to Alaska we have booked. When I go to Carnival's page and see the health and sailing update section, the part that had the "Choose fun with confidence" is no longer there. Anyone know if these options are not available any longer?

Welcome to the Carnival forum Jules! Glad to have you with us.

Those options are no longer available, as both Canada and the United States has closed their borders to each other. No transiting from one country to another, no matter what the kind of transport is. It's dark times we live in. Sorry. 

Thanks for replying! I'm guessing the cruise will get canceled. Just wondered about canceling first or waiting. Either way, we will use the FCC to book another cruise hopefully later in the summer somewhere and save Alaska for a different year. 

1 hour ago, drsel said:

I meant where are you seeing them and for which months

I do a number of searches, mostly for entertainment and to keep an eye on trends.  I start with the ports we can reach in less than 2 hours, Tampa and Port Canaveral.  We alternate “nice” cruises with 4-nighters for quick getaways.  This morning I searched Tampa and Port Canaveral with no dates input.  The best prices are for the times that are impossible (mid-April thru late May), but in August they start back down.  I see at least one 4-nighter on both the Paradise and the Liberty in August that price out to under $500 for 2 people, including port fees/taxes, in a regular interior.  The Paradise has starting prices of $113 for pretty much every cruise in October.  The summer prices look generally lower than usual, also.   I haven’t looked at longer, nicer cruises lately because we just need the short cruises for filling in around the longer ones already booked.

I just input Fort Lauderdale and Miami with no date; there are twelve 3-5 nighters (with numerous dates each) for starting prices under $200 pp,  cruise fare only.  

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

We technically are cruising 4/20. I have very little doubt that will happen.  Realistically I think June is when they will start back. I have a ton of vacation time.  We will do a pack and go once they start sailing again.  Ship and destination be damned, just need to cruise.  

We are booked on 4/25 on regular balcony room on the Breeze for 7 day Eastern Caribbean.    My log in still shows our cruise is still scheduled.    I'm pretty confident that this is not going to happen.    Even if it did - we have made the decision not to cruise until this all has past.     I'm like others and have been looking for something to re-book later this year.    Yesterday I checked into Alaska late Aug.    I was surprised to see that I could book an AFT facing balcony for 7 days round trip Seattle on 8/25 for  less than $70 more than we paid for the Caribbean.    One of Carnival perks offered (good until 3/23) was 2 days are free which is why the pricing was so low.  Of course the flights aren't as cheap going from Cleve to Seattle as they were for Cleve to Orlando.    Maybe they will extend this past the time I hear ours is cancelled - maybe not.    It's just a waiting game right now.    

Stay healthy!!   That's the important thing at this point.    

How are you keeping your carnival spirits up? I rebooked a carnival cruise for fall and my wife really perked up. I didnt realize how important that was for her. Hope you are keeping positive ideas.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, geckoaz said:

How are you keeping your carnival spirits up? I rebooked a carnival cruise for fall and my wife really perked up. I didnt realize how important that was for her. Hope you are keeping positive ideas.

My cruise is scheduled for May 9 so I am still hopeful it will go but also very happy their are some good options should Carnival decide to cancel our booking, I have already looked at what I will be rebooking and that keeps me in a very happy place through all of this.

• Like 2

Good morning - I have a quick question and would like to hear if anyone else is experiencing these same issues:

Our Alaska cruise is May 10th and they have yet to cancel that sailing, which is frustrating, because my company has imposed a mandatory quarantine for 2 weeks if I do go.  I was told by my PVP that if I cancel now I will lose my $800 deposit (though my cruise was already paid for in full) and can use it as a credit towards another cruise in the future.  Or, the only other option I have is to re-book it to use between now and the end of March 31st next year - BUT I only have until the end of THIS month to cancel or re-book which is VERY frustrating to say the least.  My husband and I have been wanting to take this Alaskan cruise for 2 years now and finally had the opportunity to do so (Booked it last year) but now we aren't even given that option for next year if we do postpone the cruise as it has to be used by the end of March and there are no Alaska cruises in March.....  

I guess our dilemma is should we just cancel and lose the $800 or wait it out a little longer to see if they do cancel the cruises through May before the end of this month?  I guess I am a bit frustrated as Princess Cruises (also owned by Carnival as you know) have cancelled ALL of their cruises for the next 60 days - why does Carnival not do the same thing?  Royal Caribbean is allowing everyone to cancel their cruises and use their full cruise credit towards any cruise through the end of 2021. 

Sorry for the vent - wasn't my intention, just very frustrated.  Also, we are keeping ourselves quarantined and working from home, so that is not what this is about - I know there are a lot of other problems out there and people who are really sick due to this virus - I guess I just think they should all cancel the cruises for everyone's sake through July or August at least and let everyone have the opportunity to use their cruise credits through the end of next year like Royal Caribbean has done.  

Our March cruise was cancelled by Carnival.  Thursday we optimistically re-booked for October.  The price was just under $200. more and everything paid on the paid in full March cruise was applied.  I booked this one through my PVP and she was incredibly patient with all of our questions and made the re-booking process seamless and painless.

We also had a September cruise booked.  Again optimistically I upgraded that cabin when prices dropped a couple of weeks ago.  Final payment is due in late June so we have a little time to see how things are going on that one.

Worries abound but we're trying to stay hopeful for the world and economy in general.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stvntra said:

Good morning - I have a quick question and would like to hear if anyone else is experiencing these same issues:

Our Alaska cruise is May 10th and they have yet to cancel that sailing, which is frustrating, because my company has imposed a mandatory quarantine for 2 weeks if I do go.  I was told by my PVP that if I cancel now I will lose my $800 deposit (though my cruise was already paid for in full) and can use it as a credit towards another cruise in the future.  Or, the only other option I have is to re-book it to use between now and the end of March 31st next year - BUT I only have until the end of THIS month to cancel or re-book which is VERY frustrating to say the least.  My husband and I have been wanting to take this Alaskan cruise for 2 years now and finally had the opportunity to do so (Booked it last year) but now we aren't even given that option for next year if we do postpone the cruise as it has to be used by the end of March and there are no Alaska cruises in March.....  

I guess our dilemma is should we just cancel and lose the $800 or wait it out a little longer to see if they do cancel the cruises through May before the end of this month?  I guess I am a bit frustrated as Princess Cruises (also owned by Carnival as you know) have cancelled ALL of their cruises for the next 60 days - why does Carnival not do the same thing?  Royal Caribbean is allowing everyone to cancel their cruises and use their full cruise credit towards any cruise through the end of 2021. 

Sorry for the vent - wasn't my intention, just very frustrated.  Also, we are keeping ourselves quarantined and working from home, so that is not what this is about - I know there are a lot of other problems out there and people who are really sick due to this virus - I guess I just think they should all cancel the cruises for everyone's sake through July or August at least and let everyone have the opportunity to use their cruise credits through the end of next year like Royal Caribbean has done.  

Your cruise might get cancelled because of this unless Carnival changes it itinerary:

Canada closes all ports to large cruise ships until July. Canada has closed its ports to large cruise ships until July 1 in response to the spread of coronavirus. The restriction applies to vessels carrying 500 people or more. Legal experts say these restrictions will have a direct effect on Alaska cruise itineraries.Mar 13, 2020

Thank you CC Rider 69 - I hadn't seen that.  (sorry, I don't know how to reply under your post directly - it seems to have changed over the years of how to do so) Hopefully that will take care of the issue for me and others.  That would be a huge help for sure!  I appreciate your response.  Have a great weekend and stay well. 🙂

We are booked on a May 23 sailing on the Panorama. I’m hopeful it will sail but feeling doubtful at this point. I started looking this weekend at booking a cruise in either late 2020 or summer 2021. I am picky about cabins so I want to book now. I assume any FCC I could apply to this booking I make now or does it only apply to new bookings?

1 hour ago, stvntra said:

I feel exactly the same way. I just wish Carnival would cancel our April 11 cruise on the Magic out of Ft Lauderdale. Just the sheer act of trying to travel to the port, and then find food, is making the trip unrealistic. But since we are of an age group that has pretty much “sheltered in place”, there is no way we should be on that ship. But do I want to lose all that money by cancelling? Hell, no. On a retirement budget, 100% FCC would help us rebook. 

• Like 1

We have a cruise out of Galveston, TX for April 11. Ports are Mexico, Honduras and Belize. Our hotel in Galveston just emailed and said they have cancelled our reservation, all reservations until May 1. I tried to cancel online but anything leaving after April 9 is not eligible yet for the offers. I booked the Hilton and will wait until Carnival cancels or offers a new cancellation policy. I just can't see how they can sail Apr 11 based on what the government has been saying. Waited over an hour for Carnival on the phone until I hung up. Will try and call in off hours just to find out what is going on.

Edited by oldracer
spelling

6 hours ago, stvntra said:

Thank you CC Rider 69 - I hadn't seen that.  (sorry, I don't know how to reply under your post directly - it seems to have changed over the years of how to do so) Hopefully that will take care of the issue for me and others.  That would be a huge help for sure!  I appreciate your response.  Have a great weekend and stay well. 🙂

Alaska cruising is done and dusted till at least July. Carnival needs to show some compassion and offer 100% refund for all cruises up to July NOW.

Looking for opinions:

Our spring break (4/4) cruise was obviously cancelled, we're looking to rebook in late June and we're cautiously optimistic that ships will be sailing again by then.  The concern isn't so much if Carnival cancels, but what if we need to cancel......the only reason we would is if our school district moves graduation (we're a group of 6 seniors and some of their parents) from mid-May to late June.  We don't really think it will happen, but what if?  What is the cancellation policy when booking with FCC?